Jonathan Brown

Started by Ringo, December 05, 2011, 04:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolfugitiv0

Considering his price, his fitness and his ability, he's pretty much a lock.
Even if he doesn't rack up 100 PPG, it's still worth it at that price.
Lock for me.

Ringo

Started this thread when there was not much happening on the boards and it is raising a fair bit of discussion. (Most be one of my most successful topics).

Just by way of clarification DT Brownie only missed one game in seasons 2007 - 2009 playing 22 games, 21 games and 22 games.  In 2010 he had injury with Osteo Pubitis and Abductor Muscle strains (spelling not my strong point) and only played 16 games and we know about last year.  Actually the lay off last year has probably allowed him to get rid of all the niggles.

For the first time in 10 seasons Brownie is actually doing a full pre season training and has spoken glowingly of altitude training in Arizona.  Brown has the capacity to again average 100 points per game and with his price of $390k makes him a real juicy prospect. With the breaking out of the Lions Midfield this year in Rockliff and Redden to assist Black and Rich he will be hopefully getting a better service as well to mark on leads which will score points as well as his average 3.2 per game.

Agree with Holz he is a definite premium forward whose price is discounted because of facial injuries last year.

Ziplock

in 06 he avg'd 140.5 sc.

irrelevant now days, just impressive :P

meow meow

Chadwick averaged 120 in 2005. That's more impressive due to the position he was playing. Kicking goals is a chumps way of scoring.

charliesheen

Adelaide, Brisbane, GWS, North Melbourne, West Coast and the Western Bulldogs

Worth having just for the byes  8)

Don't think I'm going to have any forwards from these teams.

Ziplock

yeah lol, just saw that. Someone on DTT tried to come up with 'fantasy relevant forwards who share a bye with Brown'

needless to say, he kind of failed.

:P

meow meow

Ziplock

not so relevant this year. It's unlikely (not impossible) that he'll hit proper premium status this year given his age, past scoring history etc. And an average of 87 or so doesn't really make him DT relevant without a discount :P

*edit* fml, thought I was on dt board again *facepalm*

nathan11

at $390 locked into my team with the byes if he gets injured early i can picjk up the first decent bubble boy i missed  ;D

Speculator

He is a premium. At the start of last year he was the number 1 forward in sc until he got injured.

coconut52

Brown should bw considered but not because he did altitude training. If i based it on that i would be picking the whole collingwood team. and this is the SC board not DT. A few of yous arnt taking into account if he gets injured in the opening 7 or 8 rounds what happens then you cant sidewards trade him to a premium you are stuck sidewards trading him to a mid pricer or wasting 2 trades putting him to a premium. But then again if you havent taken risks on other injury prone players like lake,porpus etc you could afford to have him in your side, if he stays fit he will go up in price no questions asked

Purple 77

hmmm. I do like to take a couple of risks, JB might just be one of them.........

Besides 2011, his lowest yearly average in the past 5 or 6 years was 97, and he is having a good pre season. Also, he would be more needed since melbourne nabbed clark.

Slick5

Absolute superstar, seen him at the pub the other night looking fit and well. Heard he has been training like a madman since he has been back home(Warrnambool) for the christmas break.

Definately going in my team at that price.