Jonathan Brown

Started by Ringo, December 05, 2011, 04:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Nice discussion on this topic guys.

This is one strategy I had in mind by locking him in at low price, - Plays the early games and increases value - Pick the right time to trade him to Goodes who starts slowly and comes home with a wet sail SC wise. Obviusly a lot depends on form but you need to have a few optuions up your sleeve.

Torress

jono brown hasn't done a full pre season in a while. he plays sore and puts the team first, gotta love this player.
but SC terms?? he is in atm for me. brown with a full preseason is too enticing for me at 390k (long way to go yet  :-X). it all comes down to structure - are you picking hayes? lake? will you have alot of forward rookies and need a bloke who is good for 22 games? atm i'looking for underpriced forwards/rucks and stacking the mids/backline. brown definately is an underpriced forward. if he gets trhough preseason without a hiccup he is most definately locked for mine.

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on December 05, 2011, 04:44:13 PM
had him locked for a while ringo :P

i had him locked as soon as he went down injured

Ziplock

RiOtChEsS

locking this early can be a dangerous thing gents, tread carefully...

DT Gun

i considered him when i heard he was fit. Way too early to lock anyone, especially considering every new/injured player who does pre season will be 'killing it'

tferrier18

Obviously nobody's actually locked in now...Every player in you're considering (not just rookies) will go through the 'see how they go during preseason and in NAB'

But at the moment he's as good as 'locked' can be for this time of year.

coolfugitiv0

Really like Brownie!  Will definitely be in my team if he has a good pre-season and doesn't injure himself.

DT Gun

Holzman and Ziplock claim they had him locked when he had facial fractures lying in hospital! Interesting!

30 year old in hospital with extremely serious injuries, LOCK HIM IN BOYS!

I think what your looking for is this, 'When Brown got injured i thought to myself, if he gets fully fit and back to his previous form he could be a decent selection for the price he will be, but i will need to wait until nab cup to see if he actually reterns to form or not...'

Instead of,
Arcitle come out about J Brown being fit on AFL.com, 'Omg i so had him picked like as soon as he did his injury, no i had him picked first'

Ziplock

pretty much, I mean, be a dick as always, but I'll explain my reasoning (and I'm sure Holz's)

Brown finished playing just 9 games last year, which is a 10% discount, although I'm not sure Monty has factored that into the fan planner. He also finished on his lowest average since 2002 partially due to these injuries, and probably a lack of match fitness when he first came back. A player who has averaged over 85 for the last 7 seasons, that we'll be picking up for a 60 average? Yeah I locked him in, as much as you can in round 17.

Of course, he was locked on the proviso he had decent pre-season...

now, I know you're just trying to compensate, but seriously, just give it a shot a being less of a dick :)

DT Gun

Quote from: Ziplock on December 09, 2011, 07:36:04 PM
pretty much, I mean, be a dick as always, but I'll explain my reasoning (and I'm sure Holz's)

Brown finished playing just 9 games last year, which is a 10% discount, although I'm not sure Monty has factored that into the fan planner. He also finished on his lowest average since 2002 partially due to these injuries, and probably a lack of match fitness when he first came back. A player who has averaged over 85 for the last 7 seasons, that we'll be picking up for a 60 average? Yeah I locked him in, as much as you can in round 17.

now, I know you're just trying to compensate, but seriously, just give it a shot a being less of a dick :)

For the people who dont know much about DT here, that reason above is why you should pick J Brown. All i have to do is question you, and you actually give a detailed, very handy answer for all people discussing the topic, instead of, i locked him ages ago. Now the topic actually has some substance.

Boomz

Quote from: DT Gun on December 09, 2011, 07:44:07 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on December 09, 2011, 07:36:04 PM

For the people who dont know much about DT here, that reason above is why you should pick J Brown. All i have to do is question you, and you actually give a detailed, very handy answer for all people discussing the topic, instead of, i locked him ages ago. Now the topic actually has some substance.

You do realise your in the SC section right?

Ziplock

well, I presumed brown was already on most people's watch least for the above reason (although I realise I gave his DT averages, not SC averages... I sometimes get confused what board I'm on, although the point stands even stronger for SC).

The article pretty much covered why we should pick him, so I thought I needed to demonstrate little else rather than affirmation.

tferrier18

Quote from: DT Gun on December 09, 2011, 07:44:07 PM
All i have to do is question you, and you actually give a detailed, very handy answer for all people discussing the topic, instead of, i locked him ages ago.
Did we really have to anyway? Wasn't it implied that the reason he was locked in "ages ago" was obviously due to the fact that he was injured etc last season - but I guess "all you had to do is question us" to be that little bit more of a pain in the ass to get an essay written out which satisfied your arrogance.

DT Gun

i wasnt questioning you tferrier.. Love how you refer to Ziplock as we and us, when he clearly has better and more useful  knowledge than you..

I questioned how he could pick someone injured and he answered with facts why, case closed. Stop tryin to brown nose