Jobe Watson
3 (30%)
Jack Redden
2 (20%)
David Mundy
5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Ringo

Seeing that forum has been a little quiet (Macca) I thought I would stimulate some discussion with this poll.

Looks like there will be only room for one of these three so I am asking opinions as to which people think has the most scoring potential SC wise this year.

Redden $546,400 established himself last year playing all games with a SC average of 102.6. Will he benefit from the extra attantion that Rockliff will draw this year?
Watson $563,000 SC Average 106 - Has potential for high SC scores Highest SC score last year 142 (Averaged 112 for first 8 games prior to injury).  Will he be injury free this year. Will he define Essendon's season? Watson plays well Essendon win!!!
Mundy $568.800 SC Average 107 Was averaging 118 SC Points prior to injury.  Will the return of Barlow take SC Points off him as well. How will Mundy return from Injury?

All players around the same price FF wise.

nas

Mate, Looking at the choices, I have to agree with your comments, but personally I reckon Redden of that bunch as to add to your comment say Rich lifts a notch, then someone will go to him as well.
Watson, Reckon that the injury would be nursed well over the break, but he will still be copping the main tag, but has shown that means nothing.
Mundy well Barlow if he recaptures the form prior to the breaking of his leg, he will score as shown & take the points of Mundy.

meow meow

Pavlich has said he is going to spend the majority of next year playing forward, so Barlow and Mundy will not have to compete with SuperPav for points in the middle.
St Kilda's mids never had trouble scoring points under Lyon. Montagna, Hayes and Dal Santo = Mundy, Barlow and Fyfe. Goddard = Broughton. Reiwoldt = Pavlich.

Redden will hover around the 100-105 mark. The others have higher potential.

Watson has never been elite when it comes to SC scoring, and there is the injury concerns. If he stays fit he could be the highest scoring player in the league though, IMO. 

valkorum

Mundy for SC
Redden/Watson for DT

Ringo

Naste - Being a Brisbane supporter I was at all home games and Rich was reasonably heavily tagged this year which allowed both Rocky and Redden to shine.  It will be interesting to see how Brisbanes midfield is tagged this year with Black, Redden, Rich and Rockliff, one or two will be free to rack up possesions and disposals but which one?

charliesheen

Depends how much you want to read into the byes.  Geelong, Pies, & Freo share a bye which can be problematic.

I think its going to be like choosing between Priddis & Boyd in 2011.

In 2010, both averaged about ~106-107.  In 2011 both moved up to about ~114-116.  I would say both were still win win situations.

If we look at historical data, there has generally been about 3-5 individuals that have averaged 115-120 SC.  And just a couple that can push 120+ (Ablett, Swan, now Pendles).

In 2011, Boyd, NDS, Judd Murphy achieved averages of 115-120.  Both Boyd and Murphy were undervalued at the start of 2011.

In 2010, it was Judd, Selwood, and Montagna...

I guess one way you can look at it, is who do you think will fall out of this group, or who do you think can make the jump to the next level.

Personally, I rate Mundy higher than Watson, and also Freo higher than the Bombers.  Mundy also has an incredible durability record.  I also think Watson should will fall in the 110-115 bracket, rather than 115-120.