Ruck Setup in 2012

Started by Speculator, December 02, 2011, 11:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What sort of ruck set up are you considering for 2012?

2 Premiums 2 rookies i.e. Cox, Sandy, Big O, Giles
17 (53.1%)
1 premium, 2 midpricers, 1 rookie i.e. Cox, West, MacIntosh, Giles
5 (15.6%)
2 Premiums, 1 rookie, 1 rookie MPP (with a fwd MPP link), i.e. Cox, Sandy, Giles, Elton (MPP) plus Kruezer (MPP) in FWD
1 (3.1%)
Any other combination
9 (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: January 01, 2012, 11:51:09 AM

TheMailman

I think a much lesser number of people are heading towards the Sandilands and Cox combo compared to beginning of this year

I'll probs just jump on the ones everybody is jumping on (atm Cox and Mumford) and just trade them out if they do really badly

otherwise I'm just using up trades bringing them in

elephants

Two guns two rookies. Set and forget about your rucks. Don't mess with them.

theflyinghawk

Mummy Berger with Giles and BigO

Torpedo10

No 100% sure about Mummy in DT. In SC he is a lock.

TheMailman

What's wrong with him in DT?

Once he contests the ruck he makes loads of tackles that make up most of his scoring.

He's a great kick for goal as well.

elephants

Yep Mummy, Berger, Giles, O.
Considered some mpp ruck/Fwds are currently in and around my forward line too.

Holz

im seriosuly considering the super cheap option and loaing the backline

hmac, giles, O, ?

might chicken out and instead of a rookie get in the burger

Boomz

Kreuz, Giles & 2 rookies with Ryder up fwd... Really depends if Ryder & Kreuz are actually MPP though. Will go Berger & Giles if they aren't.

DT Gun

kreuz and giles is disgusting as a ruck combo.

Your pitting a bloke who has come back from a knee injury and doesnt know his role, so he is playing forward and a 2nd ruck against 2 premium ruckman? 

You might aswell start on minus 60 cos thats how far your gonna be behind after your rucks

Boomz

Quote from: DT Gun on December 08, 2011, 02:24:08 AM
kreuz and giles is disgusting as a ruck combo.

Your pitting a bloke who has come back from a knee injury and doesnt know his role, so he is playing forward and a 2nd ruck against 2 premium ruckman? 

You might aswell start on minus 60 cos thats how far your gonna be behind after your rucks

He doesn't know his role? Since when do you know? He can more than hold his own as a fwd anyway.

Giles isn't a 2nd ruck... Who is ahead of him? Brogan? a guy who will struggle to get on the field for more than 1 or 2 games in a row? He isn't some rookie ruck. He's been in the system long enough & was the best ruck not playing in the AFL before GWS picked him up. It's a risk but it's not as bad as you make out because of how much money it will save me and I can make up the points elsewhere because of that.

Ziplock

^ pretty much. You're banking on a first draft pick, which is fair enough. A lot of players bounce back from knee injuries. Off the top of my head Goodes, who was ironically, rucking before he injured his knee, then moved forward, a really comparable example to Kreuz. Malceski came back pretty decent in 2010 after a knee injury (although did it again to be fair).

Giles is in the same type of category as Smith, although, probably better tbh. Look at his NAB cup scores, considering GWS got thrashed, and they were lightning rounds, he was still on target for tons from memory.

If you can use the money elsewhere, then so be it. In fact, I might make a mock team now doing a bargain ruck theory. I'll post it in a tick.

Don't get too excited though guys, It'll be a vary standard team, I'll just try to squeeze in as many top tier players as possible, regardless who they are :P

DT Gun

carlton dont have a key position forward, so they are gonna try use kreuzer who is a ruckman coming off a knee injury as a forward. So he will draw the main defender every time.

He has not proved himself to 'hold his own' as a forward... haha
Giles is 2nd ruckman buddy.

Dont underestimate brogan he is a work horse and will give gws great service.
Look at how he worked at port.

just dont think its worth it !

Hawka

Giles will b the next Smith and Krezuer is capable of making you some good money but you would b looking to upgrade later in the yr of course
and  Zac Smith had fraser this yr but smiths score were always higher and he was there number 1 ruck and i would expect the same for giles as they will b grooming him for the future

DT Gun

Quote from: hawka26 on December 08, 2011, 02:57:48 AM
Giles will b the next Smith and Krezuer is capable of making you some good money but you would b looking to upgrade later in the yr of course
and  Zac Smith had fraser this yr but smiths score were always higher and he was there number 1 ruck and i would expect the same for giles as they will b grooming him for the future

Im not even going to respond to that statement in bold because you have not even tried to compare dt scores.

To save everyone searching, Fraser outscored Smith when they both played more times than Smith outscored Fraser..

Advice like that is of no use to anyone, it isnt even advice its just garbage that is false and meaningless.

Hawka

Quote from: DT Gun on December 08, 2011, 03:08:14 AM
Quote from: hawka26 on December 08, 2011, 02:57:48 AM

Im not even going to respond to that statement in bold because you have not even tried to compare dt scores.

To save everyone searching, Fraser outscored Smith when they both played more times than Smith outscored Fraser..

Advice like that is of no use to anyone, it isnt even advice its just garbage that is false and meaningless.
They averaged the same ..Fraser did not once score over 100 compared to smith who had 3 and you will find fraser scored more lower scores then Smith did