Ruck Setup in 2012

Started by Speculator, December 02, 2011, 11:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What sort of ruck set up are you considering for 2012?

2 Premiums 2 rookies i.e. Cox, Sandy, Big O, Giles
17 (53.1%)
1 premium, 2 midpricers, 1 rookie i.e. Cox, West, MacIntosh, Giles
5 (15.6%)
2 Premiums, 1 rookie, 1 rookie MPP (with a fwd MPP link), i.e. Cox, Sandy, Giles, Elton (MPP) plus Kruezer (MPP) in FWD
1 (3.1%)
Any other combination
9 (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: January 01, 2012, 11:51:09 AM

Speculator

Some coaches had enormous success using a MPP link with Petrie and Joel Tippett in their ruc/fwd lines last year. Combined  with Zac Smith's fantastic season rarely have we seen ruck stocks so strong as they were in 2011. In 2012 there are some very promising early prospects in Stephenson and Giles so this may render a MPP FWD/RUC setup as overkill. What tactics will you be employing in 2012?

Roy.G.Biv

Cox, McEvoy......(Stephenson, Giles.)

Hopefully that sees me through the multi-bye rounds.

Originally went 2 of Cox/Goldstein/Luenberger......(Stephenson, Giles,) but would need to trade to avoid donut in r11.

Ruck dpp not viable 2012 imho. R.Stanley cheapest @ $196- ouch!
I think 2011 was easier with 3 on bench and Petrie's discounted price.

rebird

Both Kreuzer and Mitch Clark are potentially under priced and could fill the DPP links.

Speculator

Todd Elton is one rookie who may get the MPP ruc/fwd eligibility. This would open up a lot of options tactically to deal with the multibye rounds and short term injuries suspensions.

DT Gun

Cox Sandilands Giles Stephenson for me.

When sandi plays he dominates, if he doesnt, you have good cover.

Torpedo10

Leuenberger, West/ HMac, Giles, Big O.

Bluesman

Some coaches had enormous success using a MPP link with Petrie and Joel Tippett in their ruc/fwd lines last year. Combined  with Zac Smith's fantastic season rarely have we seen ruck stocks so strong as they were in 2011. In 2012 there are some very promising early prospects in Stephenson and Giles so this may render a MPP FWD/RUC setup as overkill. What tactics will you be employing in 2012?
Will be very interesting this year with the rucks. So many options and strategies available. Can we really say who the top rucks are going to be? I think they all top ones have a case both for and against to some extent. For this reason, and with many cheaper options, i'm now really considering a: 1 x Mid, 3 rookie structure. (eg. West, Stephesnon, Giles, rookie) This way i can save some cash and bolster my backline with another premium back who i have more confidence in........  8)
Quote from: Speculator on December 02, 2011, 11:51:09 AM

Ziplock

2 mid pricers, 2 rookies.

Bam.

TheMailman

Im going to stick with Mumford and I'll see if Leunburger looks good in the NAB cup.
I'll also probably pick Giles and maybe go with Stephenson if it looks like he'll get a game but otherwise the lowest priced player.

Cicjose

MPP ruck/fwd will probably be rendered useless when the cheapest ruck/fwd is close to 200k and not to many premium MPP

Ziplock

unless you have someone like kreuzer in your ruck and ryder in your fwd line?

nas

Quote from: Ziplock on December 03, 2011, 05:47:48 PM
unless you have someone like kreuzer in your ruck and ryder in your fwd line?

Or as at this stage >> Clarke / Tippett / Stanley  & maybe Sam Rowe if he gets R/F

Plus to add to this If he also get on the rookie list at the Crows.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/tickets-on-tippetts-for-adelaide-crows/story-e6frecoc-1226212747571

CuStArDaRm

Yeh Im in the cox sandi camp, but sh!t its so deep in the rucks there are like 6 prems you could go with and be very happy with.
Ill be keeping an eye on kruze if he can get back to as much time in the middle that he had before injury but Warnock looks like he might share the load with him.

Scrads

Is Gorringe any chance of being a R/F ?

Galea89

Everyone seems to be jumping on the Sandil and Cox combination with Giles and Stephenson as bench. There are alot of options to go for. Sandi and Cox were both hamperred by injury towards the end of last season and at their best there are no better ruck options. They are both 1 year older and Sandi was out for half the year, and cox was out late. Mumford and Leunberger are both solid performers that will improve with another pre-season, where as cox and sandi are being managed to avoid injury.

There are also good mid priced rucks available in Macintosh, Renouf, Maric, West. Macintosh had 1 comeback game and scored 91 sc with Goldstein on the back of his achiles. Renouf, Maric, and West will all play close to 22 games as the leading ruckman. Picking up 2 midpriced ruckman and upgrading once there prices rise seems like the best strategy for me. IMO there are 5 ruckman that could be next seasons best, Cox, Sandi, Mumford, Leunberger, and Goldstein. Which 2 to stick with all year will come down to their pre season and injuries. I cant see a better strategy than to wait to see which premiums will be the inform rucks while increasing the value of 2 midpriced rucks that will play every game. It saves the large initial outlay and allows you to spend on other areas.