Whats Your Backline Gonna Look Like - Round 13.

Started by DT Gun, December 02, 2011, 02:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DT Gun

Round 13 is a multi bye round with Carlton, GCFC, Hawks, Port, Richmond and St Kilda.

Backmen out include

Scotland
Gibbs
Carrazzo if still C/B
Bock
Birchall
Suckling
Guerra
Hartlett if he is C/B
Deledio
Houli if still C/B
Newman
Fisher
Goddard
Gilbert
Gram is still C/B

TheMailman

I think the issue may be who is covering rather than who is missing

and IMO its too early to call back rookie priced players until the NAB cup

Holz

if overall still has these rounds your right backlines will be an issue, i think most people will be going goddard, gibbs and lids. If hartlett is a B than i will be getting him so 4 out could be problematic. Im thinking around this time might be when you want to start double trading.

A risky option that im really considering is holding off on gibbs till round 14. If you go for overall what do you think of this idea?
he is possibly overpriced, however he could average 110+ . Im thinking with the extra cash you can spend it elsewhere so you dont lose too many points and it could turn out like not having Goddard this year.

Speculator

I don't think Gibbs is over priced at all. If Ratten gives him free reign instead of that negating crap he will go BANG average 110 plus

rebird

only 13 of the top priced 33 backs will be playing, according to fan planner.

Scrads

Quote from: rebird on December 02, 2011, 01:03:13 PM

This is pretty lazy, but list please ? :P

Holz

Quote from: Speculator on December 02, 2011, 11:31:36 AM
I don't think Gibbs is over priced at all. If Ratten gives him free reign instead of that negating crap he will go BANG average 110 plus

exactly if ratten lets gibbs go he could potentially average 115, but there is also the risk that he can get those shut-down roles. If he plays a few of those games in a row he could drop 50k.

rebird

Quote from: Scrads on December 02, 2011, 02:38:14 PM
Quote from: rebird on December 02, 2011, 01:03:13 PM

This is pretty lazy, but list please ? :P

Enright, shaw, adcock, butler, broughton, heppell, Martin, bock, Hanley, mackie, Murphy, grimes and harrow.

DT Gun

If you pick all premium backs that are playing that round, your likely to have a red hot at a weekly

TheMailman

And you'll get hammered in the rest of the season

CuStArDaRm

Surely there is going to be a slight adjusment in the rules for overall in those bye weeks because its looking to be a massacre at the moment. Atleast last year you could really plan and not get any donuts but for those 3 rounds it looks near impossibe.
Personally Im gonna deal with it when it comes and pick the best players I can afford from the get go.

Ziplock

I think they're either going to do something really funky, or just give us 3-4 benchies and tell us to suck it :P

TheMailman

Why do they need to change any rules or anything like that?

Everybody will be in the same boat so its an even contest?

Ziplock

well, it would be for overall, but in an 18 person league, it wouldn't be, and you could end up getting screwed just based on chance.

Holz

Quote from: TheMailman on December 04, 2011, 04:42:11 PM
Why do they need to change any rules or anything like that?

Everybody will be in the same boat so its an even contest?

because basically people would have to plan their whole seaons based of 3 weeks. The 3 teams byes were annoying but manageable, with that many teams out as we have seen there are some weeks that will be absolute carnage.