First round down, Who else?

Started by Jugganauts, November 26, 2011, 11:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jugganauts

Many people have said that this years draft didnt hold a lot of stability and after the first round was finshed there weren't a lot of quality players left to pick from well the fan footys list manger is here and ready to help. Here are my top 10 players in no particular order who could slot into your side next year

10. Alex Woodward (Pick 53, Midfield/Forward, Hawthorn), Clearance king, Plays like Sam Mitchell only problem would be breaking into the side.

9. Brendan Ah Chee (Pick 45, Defender, Port Adelaide), Port need good forwards and Ah Chee is one of the best coming out of Western Australia.

8. Jay Lever (Pick 60, Key Defender, St Kilda) This kid already stands at 200cm and weighing 86kg and is very quick and agile and loves to get the ball and run taking players on in the process.

7. Mitchell Grigg (Pick 41, Midfield, Adelaide) Averaged 24 disposals last season and has strong hands and a very accurate left foot will play early on.

6. Rory Taggert (Pick 36, Forward, Melbourne) Very good in 1 on 1 contests only struggle is endurance plays like Mark Lecras.

5. Tory Dickson (Pick 57, Forward, Western Bulldogs) Has kicked 157 in 2 years including kicking 100 of them in 2010 alone, standing at 180cm is not their ideal of a true key forward but will play games

4. Orren Stephensen (Pick 78, Ruck, Geelong) Everyone knows of this man by now has been the best ruckman outside the AFL for a long long time is 29 but only needs to hold down the ruck spot until West, Vardy and Simpson fully develop

3. Jack Newnes (Pick 35, Midfield, St Kilda) Averaged 22.8 touches, 6 marks and 3 tackles last season has a great kick on him and will play next season.

2. Nathan Blee (Pick 51, Defender, Port Adelaide) Can play on the smalls and talls in defence uses the ball well and has great closing speed think Robert Murphy

1. Cam Ellis-Yolman (Pick 64, Midfield, Adelaide) Strong bodied clerance king similar to Josh Kennedy has strong hands and uses it well will play early on.

Honrouable mentions, Jackson Paine (Pick 50, Forward, Collingwood), Michael Talia (Pick 39, Defender, Western Bulldogs), Jackson Merrett (Pick 31, Midfield, Essendon), Nick O'Brien (Pick 59, Forward, Essendon), Shane Kersten (Pick 34, Forward, Geelong), Jordan Lockyer (Pick 43, Defender, Sydney)

CuStArDaRm

Dudge

Good write up Jugganauts, a lot of good infomation. I know i'm bias, but esspecially like that u got Ports only 2 picks (bar Wingard ) in the list of 10  ;D

Jugganauts

Thanks guys i will be doing another one after the rookie draft. If you have any other ideas of what i could do i am open to suggestions.

PowerBug

Ah Chee is only 17 atm, 18 in Jan, so i don't expect to see him play much in 2012. BUt Nathan Blee is 21, more mature and should defidently slot into the side.

Knowall

As a Crows supporter I agree that Grigg could well play games next year.

Disagree on Ellis-Yolman though, hes more of a project for future years, he needs to get fitter and get used to playing midfield (if thats where he wants to play). Kerridge is alot more likely than him.

Im starting to think Michael Talia could well play quite a bit early for the dogs.

meow meow

10. Alex Woodward - no chance of getting into the Hawks team.

9. Brendan Ah Chee - unlikely. Even if he does play, he'll be playing for Port and won't do much.

8. Jay Lever - too skinny. Wilkes will take the KPD spot.

7. Mitchell Grigg - got one right.

6. Rory Taggert - who knows what Neeld will do? Unlikely.

5. Tory Dickson - won't be a key forward but is a good chance to play.

4. Orren Stephensen - thanks for uncovering this one. Nobody would have known about him if not for your help.

3. Jack Newnes - we'll see. Don't hold your breath.

2. Nathan Blee - should play, but comparing him to Murphy is a stretch.

1. Cam Ellis-Yolman - maybe in 2 years.

Jackson Paine - is he going to replace Cloke, or Dawes?
Michael Talia - can't kick for shower.
Shane Kersten - good player but too skinny. Give him 2 years.
Jordan Lockyer - good choice.

Jugganauts

Ofcourse your right meow meow now we will just wait for your list of players

meow meow

You're, not your. Why do so many people get this wrong? It's really annoying.

Jugganauts

Please excuse my english as i am not from the meow meow academy therefore i have not fully developed into one of the genius's of the world

meow meow

You're fan footy's list manager though? Surely you must be a genius if you have burst onto the scene and know more than everyone else. You are an inspiration to us all.

Jugganauts

Burst on the scene, Claiming to know more about the afl players then anyone else. Sounds like yourself when you first came on. If you dont wan't me to continue just say so. You can always take over

meow meow

Jugganauts

If you want to take over my spot then take it to a vote let Fan Footy decide this.

ronl

Well, Jugga, you do need a refresher course in spelling, grammar and punctuation, but, apart from that, you're putting information out there for us to digest and take or leave as we see fit.  Thanks for making the effort.