12 (54.5%)
Mr Sub for 2012
3 (13.6%)
Will play less than 10 games
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: November 25, 2011, 09:57:29 PM

bowyanger

I had Marty Clarke a few years ago, played pretty well in 08.
Pretty hard side to break into again.?

TheMailman

Ok player

Will get a couple less games then Krakeour did this season

meow meow

22 games coming right up. He'll slip into Leon's spot seamlessly.

Maca24

Quote from: meow meow on November 22, 2011, 11:06:59 PM
22 games coming right up. He'll slip into Leon's spot seamlessly.
I agree. They got him to play him.

Matty411

Is looking stronger and fitter than his last time at Collingwood. My guess is he'll be in the best 21 and play most of the season at an avg of around 70, which is good enough for me to lock him in.

tferrier18

Quote from: TheMailman on November 22, 2011, 10:34:33 PM
Ok player

Will get a couple less games then Krakeour did this season

No chance. He's back in the side and will pick up where leon left off - he's pretty good value and should avg around 80. I wouldn't expect him to get dropped like krakouer (I know he got dropped a  bit in his last season but I reckon he'll be trying harder this year), so should play most games if fit.

Pretty hard to say no to a player who's priced at ~170, playing in a top 4 side, running and carrying off HB - getting lots of one-two's and kicking it long to HF. Reckon he'll be pretty keen to give it a red hot crack this year as well

TheMailman

As did krakeour........

Its tough work to keep your spot in a side like Collingwood and there is plenty of competition. Admittedly the exculsion of Dick and Davis makess it somewhat easier

meow meow

Ben Johnson has just done his hammy at training. Clarke will be in for round 1 for sure.

Bosh

Key player for Collingwood this year running off half back.

bottlemart

I think the big issue is what he will average, and this is what I will base my decision on. 

Priced at $170k, I would like to see him average more than 70, and ideally more than 80, just to achieve maximum cash.

defenders such as maquire, lower, and pederson all averaged around the 80 plus mark, but they had a starting price of in the low $100's. 

Not saying that clarke won't make cash, but there seems to be plenty of cheaper cash cows in defence who should average that score. 

meow meow

Quote from: bottlemart on February 09, 2012, 11:45:53 PM
I think the big issue is what he will average, and this is what I will base my decision on. 

Priced at $170k, I would like to see him average more than 70, and ideally more than 80, just to achieve maximum cash.

defenders such as maquire, lower, and pederson all averaged around the 80 plus mark, but they had a starting price of in the low $100's. 

Not saying that clarke won't make cash, but there seems to be plenty of cheaper cash cows in defence who should average that score.

Who? I can only find 1 that I can pick with some sort of confidence. Ellis and Morris are fighting for a spot as Richmond's 22nd best player, and that most likely = green vest if it's Ellis. Smedts has to break into the mighty Geelong team and hold his spot. It's hard enough to find backline rookies with some sort of JS, let alone some who will average 70+. Mohr will play a lot, but he's a punch first Tarrant-style backman.

charliesheen

Quote from: meow meow on February 09, 2012, 08:09:02 PM
Ben Johnson has just done his hammy at training. Clarke will be in for round 1 for sure.

dmac07

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: dmac07 on February 10, 2012, 11:28:36 AM
Quote from: charliesheen on February 10, 2012, 12:41:15 AM
Quote from: meow meow on February 09, 2012, 08:09:02 PM

Agree
Just to confirm... Get him in your side!  ;D
At the very least, he'll make you some cash in the first few rounds.

I'd just like to point out that we had to wait until round 11 before Pedersen even started making money, and he was in the round 1 side.
Clarke is certain to be in not only round 1, but at least until Johnson is fully fit again.

bottlemart

Quote from: meow meow on February 10, 2012, 12:14:49 AM

Who? I can only find 1 that I can pick with some sort of confidence. Ellis and Morris are fighting for a spot as Richmond's 22nd best player, and that most likely = green vest if it's Ellis. Smedts has to break into the mighty Geelong team and hold his spot. It's hard enough to find backline rookies with some sort of JS, let alone some who will average 70+. Mohr will play a lot, but he's a punch first Tarrant-style backman.
Brown (crows) and Allen (suns) are a couple of $106k youngsters who I will watch throughout the NAB cup and make my decision late March after the R1 teams are named.  I haven't ruled out marty clarke, but I haven't locked him in just yet either.