Main Menu

Midfield combinations

Started by starz, November 22, 2011, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starz

just wondering if someone good tell me what the bbetter option is.

i'm a big fan on premiums so im not really going to go into mid pricers so.....

what do you think is better 5 premiums and 1 rook

or

4 premiums and 2 rooks

in terms of team balance ect. what are the pros and cons.
i have always believed that the midfield is where the most points come from eg. highest averaging midfielder avaeraged about 120 where as highest forward averaged about 105 so im thinking if there is more of these higher averaging midfielders there will be more points. anyone know what last years winner started with.

Cicjose

plenty of talent out there for the mids the only risk is the revolving door for all clubs now that the sub rule and byes are back

very few players will play the whole season anymore

bowyanger

Go the 4 premiums bud.

With sooo many new coaches changing game plans and the ability of cheapo players in the mids to increase far much more than other positions, its a no brainer.

You can get a good look at how things are going around rd 8 & more than likely make some moolah, make a good charge at things. The midfield is the most important, its where the difference between winning and losing is.

Round 8 comes around, look at teams that had a tough start like Lions & Tigers that will improve. (Cothcin & Rockliffe)

Just make sure your 4 premiums are the absolute because barring injury you dont want to be wasting trades on them....players like Ablett, Swan, Pendles, MMurphy, Mitchell, Judd, Priddis & Selwood

Dont fart around with mid pricers in your midfield, the best rewards come from absolute premiums and those players at a bargain price...its just too much of a risk...its far better to upgrade a player who started at a bargain price than  gamble on a mid price that has only increased slightly.

Voldemort

4 premiums and 2 rookies

easy as that

In the 4 premiums, You need 1 or 2 or even 3 of the following players (to have a decent chance to do anything): Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Garry Ablett Jnr

They are freaks and they have insane scores in just about every match. The other premium/s you have may be a bit unique. Make sure you pick someone with a decent draw  ;)

starz

thanks, yeh i think by having 5 premiums will ruin the rest of the team. i was tossing up between boyd and rockliff but i think rockliff has a bit of a worse start and boyd is just so consistent so ill go him and the other three pick themselves (pendles swan abblet). cheers everyone.

bunyips

This year I will be going with a 5 premo 1 rookie starting midfield - and this will be at the expense of my forward line.  I'm going with GAJ,  Swan,  Murphy,  Swallow, and Sellwood and will look to upgrade to pendles later. 

I understand why people wouldn't go with this approach but I'm just sick of getting let down by my forward line (which will have 2 rookies starting plus porp). 

TheMailman

Quote from: bunyips on November 22, 2011, 10:07:17 PM
This year I will be going with a 5 premo 1 rookie starting midfield - and this will be at the expense of my forward line.  I'm going with GAJ,  Swan,  Murphy,  Swallow, and Sellwood and will look to upgrade to pendles later. 

I understand why people wouldn't go with this approach but I'm just sick of getting let down by my forward line (which will have 2 rookies starting plus porp). 

I can tell you thats too many mids
And not all the best ones either

elephants

My midfield is...

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett, Joel Selwood, Tom Mitchell, Dylan Shiel

4 guns two rooks.

TheMailman

Quote from: elephants on November 23, 2011, 12:46:13 AM
My midfield is...

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett, Joel Selwood, Tom Mitchell, Dylan Shiel

4 guns two rooks.

That is a midfield to be scared of

Chopps

4 and 2 is a good number, anymore then 4 premiums and you might not picks a superstar. you can then set the last two as your first upgrades.

the 2 rooks on the field will generally outscore rooks anywhere else on the field barring a few exceptions.

stew42

4 and 2 for me as well:

Pendles, GAJ, Scotty Thompson, Barlow, Dom Tyson and Tommy Mitchell

As a second year DT'er (First year I might have been a bit of a noob 8)), I'm suddenly seeing the interest in the structure of my Round 1 team. Seeing 15+ keepers in a $8.78mill team is making me quite a happy chappy!

Ziplock

so far my favourite set-ups for the mids have had less premiums rather than more.

like, 1-2 heavy hitters such as pendles/selwood/ablett/swan, then the rest midpricers/ rookies.

Holz

even though people may disagree i wont pick a player unless i think they are undervalued therefore no chance of pendles, murphy or boyd starting.

At the moment im Ablett, Barlow, Ziebell/Hayes, Swan, Shiel, Wingard

Roy.G.Biv

Quote from: Holzman on December 03, 2011, 04:52:48 AM
even though people may disagree i wont pick a player unless i think they are undervalued therefore no chance of pendles, murphy or boyd starting.

At the moment im Ablett, Barlow, Ziebell/Hayes, Swan, Shiel, Wingard

I really like Ziebell, but he's suspended for the first 2 rounds.

upthemaidens

Quote from: starz on November 22, 2011, 06:18:19 PM
just wondering if someone good tell me what the bbetter option is.

i'm a big fan on premiums so im not really going to go into mid pricers so.....

what do you think is better 5 premiums and 1 rook

or

4 premiums and 2 rooks

in terms of team balance ect. what are the pros and cons.
i have always believed that the midfield is where the most points come from eg. highest averaging midfielder avaeraged about 120 where as highest forward averaged about 105 so im thinking if there is more of these higher averaging midfielders there will be more points. anyone know what last years winner started with.
true that mids get more points, but also the better cash cows are generally in the midfield aswell.  so if you can load the mids up with premo's then do it,but team balance really is the key.  going by fan planner prices and such i'm not convinced with premo forwards this year, so i may go for a cheap forwardline and load up the other areas...