Wow just wow

Started by starz, November 21, 2011, 01:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew42

This is quite a good team, and my 8 probably should be 8.5.
I am just a bit worried about your premos. Just picking the 4 most expensive in any given position won't give you cash. For example, I am 95% sure that Stevie J will go down in price for the first 4-6 rounds of the season. You would be able to get him much cheaper at around Rnd 8.
Other players who fit this bill are Boyd and perhaps Swan (whose price will decrease if he gets 110s between Rnds 1-3). Think about someone like Rockliff, Scott Thompson or Barlow, who could average similar scores, and free up 50-100k and really make your team fearsome, particularly in your forwards. :)

Basically what I'm saying is that your cash can be used a bit better. Best of luck for 2012!

PS I hope that made sense, because I was writing down rambling thoughts then!

Ziplock

starz

Fair enough thanks for the advice but now it's time to justify my selections.

Boyd I have now changed to selwood

However:
Scotland is in a team which i think will do very well next year and therefore I can't see any reason for his scoring to drop. He is a bit of a unique as well

Similarly with birchall the hawks will do well next year Nd I think this will leAd to An increase in his scoring.

Johnson, now I always get criticised for this selection however with gws gold coast and port ect. In the competition I can see Johnson feasting on them. I know he is probably overpriced but if I'm going for the win I'm going to need him, it I do see the point of not picking him early.

Zaharakis I believe is a good pick and I can see him improving as he will get more midfield time and won't cop a tag which is important.

I think an important point that you must take into account when picking your teams is what teams are likely to do well this year. That's what I have sort of tried to do (obviously excluding gws).

And also I have chosen a lot of premiums because I have learnt that mid pricers waste time an some rookies can potentially beat them. Only real midpricer i have is brown who I believe will carbe this year.

Love to know people thoughts though.

stew42

Stevie J doesn't play GWS, PA or GC until Round 10, plenty of time to upgrade to him then :)

starz

DEF: H. Scotland, B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, D. Heppell, M. Clarke, L. Spurr (S. Morris, W. Sierakowski)
MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, B. Gibbs, K. Stevens, D. Shiel (S. Gibson, K. Horsely)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, J. Giles (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Beams, D. Martin, J. Lewis, J. Brown, S. Clifton, T. Couch (D. Zorko, T. Dickson)

Trying to go a bit unique with lewis but that could easily change to zaha. I noticed that at te start of last year lewis was doing forward tags but then moved into the midfield. Risky option buy with the hawks on the up I can see him doing well.

Was trimg to get macintosh as second ruck buy can't get the money. Trying to forget midpricers an only get those that will be In the top few positions of their respective possies.

ossie85

Quote from: starz on December 29, 2011, 06:32:30 PM
DEF: H. Scotland, B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, D. Heppell, M. Clarke, L. Spurr (S. Morris, W. Sierakowski)
MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, B. Gibbs, K. Stevens, D. Shiel (S. Gibson, K. Horsely)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, J. Giles (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Beams, D. Martin, J. Lewis, J. Brown, S. Clifton, T. Couch (D. Zorko, T. Dickson)

I really like that team, interesting! Clearly the ruck is where it all falls down, but could really work a treat

starz

Cheers just can't find a place to get the money to upgrade to a better ruckman. But come nab cup time I'll probably find the money. However I don't think it is that bad of an idea staring giles or the big o

starz

DEF: H. Scotland, B. Goddard, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, M. Clarke, L. Spurr, S. Morris (W. Sierakowski, B. Smedts)
MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, S. Gibson, D. Shiel (K. Horsely, B. Lee)
RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Beams, M. Robinson, D. Martin, J. Brown, A. Treloar, D. Zorko (T. Dickson, T. Couch)

Potential car winner right here

The F.A.R.K.

Your'e not wrong it is a pretty good team

9/10

dunno about 3 rookie backs and Spurr who is still rookie listed but that is my only gripe

Colliwobblers

pending disaster and apart from the rooks - looks unimprovable great team :)

The Silent Partner

Nice team Starz
4 premos  2/3 rooks in each group and top 2 rucks.
How much coin you got left?

McRooster

Quote from: The Silent Partner on January 11, 2012, 10:24:10 PM
How much coin you got left?
It appears starz has an overdraft with virtual sports  ;)

Wow just wow Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Starz. Salary cap left: $-71,600.

Heath Scotland, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Dyson Heppell, Marty Clarke, Lee Spurr, Steven Morris
Will Sierakowski, Billie Smedts

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Tom Rockliff, Kyal Horsely, Dylan Shiel
Sam Gibson, Brendan Lee

Aaron Sandilands, Matthew Leuenberger
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Dayne Beams, Mitch Robinson, Dustin Martin, Jonathan Brown, Adam Treloar, Dayne Zorko
Tory Dickson, Tom Couch

Too good to be true it was indeed, but who to sacrifice? It will only take one premium to be culled back to mid pricer...

Colliwobblers

well it needs changing too unless you ahve a bye strategy no one else had thought of since the way it is

scotland,delidio and goddard all share the same bye
franklin, robinson and martin also share teh same bye

Maybe downgrading scotland to a premium on a different bye will get you under tha salary cap, maybe need to downgrade one from each of these groups to get under it.

71k wont change much it'll still be a super team.

Ziplock

*and we also get 3 trades per round*

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ziplock on January 11, 2012, 11:01:11 PM
*and we also get 3 trades per round*

Yes we have enough trades* but my question (seperate poll thread) is do we want to set our teams up from round 1 to have to sideways trade premiums? or eat a donut on thier behalf? and if they really are the ones we want do we sideways trade them back in again?

damn the byes i say and bless them for making us thin about our DT that much more