Wow just wow

Started by starz, November 21, 2011, 01:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starz

TEAM NAME: The team
DEF: B. Gibbs, H. Scotland, B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, S. Morris, W. Sierakowski (T. Mohr, L. Brown)
MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, M. Boyd, G. Ablett jnr, D. Smith, D. Zorko (S. Clifton, D. Shiel)
RUC: D. Cox, T. Goldstein (J. Giles, J. Jenkins)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad (M. Panos, T. Walsh)
CASH LEFT: $-47,000

i know i'm a bit over but a lot changes come start of the season. this wont be my team but just love to hear what some of you guys think.

stew42

sigh... wishful thinking. Use the 8.78mill AFL salary cap, and come back later  ::)

Although it does look very pretty  ;D

egosbar

yeah got to agree waste of time posting a team you wont be able to field , way over the salary cap , if you go on the 8.78 as suggested that will give you your nucleus of a side then you can upgrade at start of season if you have coin , it will also make you look for the two or three you will need that are mid priced but will score like a premium , they are there trick is to find em

spewing in 2009 i had nahas and cloke and got bagged out big time , wish id started em last year my team really would of rocked

instead i picked grant and rohan  as my roughies        >:(    tip pick em this year im always a year ahead of myself

starz

Alright I'll just swap cox with leunburger. Any thoughts of the rest of the team though

Voldemort

Quote from: starz on November 21, 2011, 07:06:20 PM
Alright I'll just swap cox with leunburger. Any thoughts of the rest of the team though

mate, that won't make much of a difference. The real cap is going to be even less  ::)

TheMailman

You should really be making a team with space under the cap so you can improve/change your side come Nab cup etc.

stew42

Quote from: egosbar on November 21, 2011, 06:31:43 PM
spewing in 2009 i had nahas and cloke and got bagged out big time , wish id started em last year my team really would of rocked

instead i picked grant and rohan  as my roughies        >:(    tip pick em this year im always a year ahead of myself

Well, that could work! Grant will be the Bulldogs key forward, and Rohan is set to improve.

Also starz, it's a bit unrealistic having the three most expensive midfielders, and the three most expensive defenders, and the two most expensive ruckmen, and four really expensive forwards in your team.

Some people you could downgrade to make your team look slightly less ridiculous are:
Scotland, questions over his age
Birchall, whilst he had a great 2011, hasn't proven himself as a lock-in premo for his price
Boyd, of the 4 keepers in your mids, he is the one I would drop.
Cox, questionable, especially with his age and Natanui in the side
Stevie J, trade in after Round three, he CANNOT keep up that price
Goodes, always proven to improve later in the season...

Basically, wipe $397,000 off your team. Do it.

DT Gun

starz

TEAM NAME: My Planned Dream Team
DEF: B. Gibbs, H. Scotland, B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, S. Docherty, S. Morris (W. Sierakowski, T. Mohr)
MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, M. Boyd, G. Ablett jnr, D. Zorko, S. Clifton (P. Flanagan.... just got him for now although hoping a mature age player gets picked up like in rookie draft l spurr, D. Shiel)
RUC: D. Cox, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad (T. Walsh, T. Dickson)
CASH LEFT: $98,700

DT Gun

johnson will drop under 400k next year at some stage because he is inconsistant.

I see leuey as a risk, but fair game if you wanna risk it, thats how cups are won.

im personally not sold on birchall either.. but he might be alright

Fyfe_gun

Nice side bt some of yor rookies are questionable. Surely you would want to look at Panos in fowards, Buntine in defence and either Tyson or Coniglio in midfield. (and yes i am also hoping Lee Spur  gets drafted coz he is a gun same with pfiffer

starz

thanks for the comments. im backing in those rookies. i dont really see panos as a real scorer where as if dickson gets a game he will probably carve.

birchall is a bit of a unique and i think seeing as the hawks will probably be good next year.

not a huge fan of buntine but ill watch him in the pre season.

cheers

Fyfe_gun

from what i have heard buntine is a bit like heppell

panos should play around 90% of the season and even if he only averages 50-60 he will be a good second bench

yes i like birchall and he will be unique because everyone will look at enright gibbs and co.

starz

Reasons for only being 8/10 for anyone else that had voted

Ziplock

I gave it a 7. Would have been higher, but I don't like Zaha who I don't think will break out again. Fyfe, who I think will slide, or stevie J who as DTgun said, is overpriced as a roller coaster. I would prefer selwood to boyd as well...

not a huge fan of scotland based on age, and over pricing (same concerns with goodes ftr), Birchall could be interesting... A little risky banking on someone who's only had 1 near premo status after a half dozen years in the system, but could still be a good pick.