The 2012 WXV National Draft

Started by ossie85, November 21, 2011, 10:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

no, ill give you a cheer instead  :P

ossie85

Like meow said, depends on how many players get drafted. Cheers c4 for updating front page, have been away for the weekend

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on December 05, 2011, 06:34:25 AM

Like meow said, depends on how many players get drafted. Cheers c4 for updating front page, have been away for the weekend

No problems ossie, happy to help.

For those who have passed in the national draft, do they get another pick in the rookie draft or do they just get picks in the pre-season draft?

Maca24

Quote from: c4v3m4n on December 05, 2011, 01:24:42 PM

For those who have passed in the national draft, do they get another pick in the rookie draft or do they just get picks in the pre-season draft?
Isn't it the same thing?
All I know is that the get the equivalent pick that they gave up. Eg. Pass pick 66, recieve pick 67 in Preseason.

ossie85

Yup, but BETWEEN picks. So you pass pick 66, you have your pick between picks 66 and 67 of the rookie/preseason draft

Maca24

Quote from: ossie85 on December 05, 2011, 01:43:42 PM

Yup, but BETWEEN picks. So you pass pick 66, you have your pick between picks 66 and 67 of the rookie/preseason draft
Yep :)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Maca24 on December 05, 2011, 01:37:40 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on December 05, 2011, 01:24:42 PM

Isn't it the same thing?
All I know is that the get the equivalent pick that they gave up. Eg. Pass pick 66, recieve pick 67 in Preseason.

The PSD and Rookie Draft are completely seperate to each other.

In real life, if a team passes in the National Draft, then they have the right a to pre-season pick. This is why teams like Freo, Richmond, Port Adelaide have passed, so they can pick up players like Zac Dawson, Addam Maric, Leon Davis, John McCarthy, etc. This is where I thought our passed picks were going to.

The real Rookie draft will have 90 picks available, 5 picks in reverse ladder order. (GWS then GC then PA then Bris etc.). If teams havent cleaned out their rookie list, then they will obviously have to pass in those later rounds.

So, are we just combining the two drafts into one giant one? I don't like that...  :-\

EDIT: IMO, this is how the PS/R draft should work:

Pre-season draft

1. PowerBug (first to pass)
2. PowerBug
3. pothead
4. If MC decides to Pass, he'd slot in here
5. c4v3m4n
6. Sid if he chooses...
7. ML etc.

Rookie Draft

Same order to the National Draft.

That's how it would be done in real life...and since we are trying to make this as realistic as possible, wouldn't this option make the best sense?

Maca24

well if that was the case C4 then I would have passed my last 2 picks.
So it would be unfair to change the rule now.

It should be a giant draft like we agreed to and a random reverse order.
Otherwise it is unfair on everyone else...

Boomz

When did we agree to that maca? I was under the same impression as c4...

Maca24

Quote from: Boomz on December 05, 2011, 02:05:44 PM
When did we agree to that maca? I was under the same impression as c4...
I had asked Ossie earlier in this thread and thats what he told me...

c4v3m4n

It's a little unfortunate that ossie just went offline...  :(

EDIT: Also, if it does turn out that it is one giant draft, then I won't be passing in the last round as specified on the main page.

ossie85

Quote from: ossie85 on November 21, 2011, 10:02:21 AM
DRAFT IS OPEN

- You can choose to pass. This will give you an extra pick in the rookie/pre-season draft. I.e. If you pass your first round pick #8, you get an extra first round pick AFTER pick 8 of the rookie/preseason draft first pick.

^^ says on the first page guys, the whole time.

Would love to separate the preseason and rookie drafts, BUT we are restricted by the amount of players chosen in the ACTUAL draft.

There's only likely to be what, half a dozen players picked? We're not going to have a rookie system like the AFL, has way too many complications....

Next year, will be definitely be able to do something like that though c4 :)

I think people are forgetting we can only pick players on actual lists....

ossie85

Just also pointing out....

2006 example of AFL Preseason Draft:

Players picked:
1. Dylan McLaren
2. Sam Iles
3. Brent Guerra
4. Scott Camporeale
5. Matthew White
6. Ben Fixter
7. Cameron Thurley
8. Matt Thomas
9. Jason Porplyzia
10. Chris Heffernan

That was it...

The rookie draft high lights from 2006:

#2 Alan Toovey
#5 Angus Graham
#7 Paul Duffield
#20 Heath Hocking
#31 Matt Priddis
#34 Stephen Gilham
#49 Cheynee Stiller
#55 Ben McGlynn
#57 Kieran Jack

And now particularly that mature ages can be picked in rookie draft, IMO, there really isn't much of a difference between the two, given there will always be long-term injuries

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on December 05, 2011, 02:25:53 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on November 21, 2011, 10:02:21 AM
DRAFT IS OPEN

- You can choose to pass. This will give you an extra pick in the rookie/pre-season draft. I.e. If you pass your first round pick #8, you get an extra first round pick AFTER pick 8 of the rookie/preseason draft first pick.

^^ says on the first page guys, the whole time.

Would love to separate the preseason and rookie drafts, BUT we are restricted by the amount of players chosen in the ACTUAL draft.

There's only likely to be what, half a dozen players picked? We're not going to have a rookie system like the AFL, has way too many complications....

Next year, will be definitely be able to do something like that though c4 :)

I think people are forgetting we can only pick players on actual lists....

ossie, I think you'll find that there is going to be at least 70 players picked....I can name them most of them for you if you'd like.  ;)

What will happen with PB's pass picks now since he was under the wrong impression?

ossie85

Only about half a dozen in the presason though c4, not the rookie

And if you guys can find a post somewhere we we said we were going to separate them.....

From original draft page:

QuoteDraft in 3 parts

Initial draft only counts for players who are on 2012 lists. If you pick a player that later retires or is delisted before the season starts, than you can take another player immediately (assuming there are players left). The U17 Mini Draft players CAN NOT be selected. Brendan Fevola can NOT be selected yet, as he was not traded to another team and is now no longer on a list..

Second draft is for all players picked in the National Draft and "mini-draft"

Third draft is for all players picked Preseason draft and Rookie draft.

From survey sent out not long ago...

Quote7. How many players should be available in the National Draft?

72, 4 players selected each. If more than 72 players, the remainder goes to Preseason/Rookie draft. If less, some rookies added to make up the numbers

72, as above. But you have the option of "Passing" which gives you an extra pick in the Preseason/Rookie draft

72, as above. But you have the option of "Passing" which means you have 1 less squad member

So I'm sorry people got the wrong impression... but not sure how that's my fault or anyone elses.... More than happy to hear alternatives...