Brett Deledio

Started by theflyinghawk, November 21, 2011, 12:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torress

the tiger's fixture doesn't even factor IMO. lids a lock as too GOD and gibbs.
lids has missed 3 games since debut in round 1 of 2005. he is a gun athlete and a good SCer/DTer. locked and loaded!! 100 average pretty much a sure thing, depsite playing half back or on ball he'll be effective for SC and find the pill enough for DT

LaHug

Quote from: Holzman on November 21, 2011, 02:18:36 AM
i would almost say Gibbs, Lids and Goddard should all be locked if all backs
I'm thinking those 3 and then rookies (or a mid-pricer) will be a very common backline combination. I'm looking at it.

elephants

Yeah currently I have four premium backmen but that could change.

bowyanger

The backline is pretty tough next year.

Im waiting on Lids for either rd 8 or 12 as a final piece to the backline puzzle.

Gibbs is injured slightly, maybe he hasnt been able to do the extra running without hinderance that elite footballers do in their spare time, its probably a non issue really, there was no operation.

Im just not sure what a new coach, or BJ coming out of contract at the end of 2012 may produce for his scoring.

Im really considering having no premiums in my backline...judging by Monty's Fanplanner, there will be a few possible changes in MPP....Burgoyne, Hartlett?

Being November its a just too little hard to call.

Salopek, Birchall, Yarran, Grundy or Hurn as potential alternatives? They all dont have a new coach?

elephants

Quote from: bowyanger on November 22, 2011, 07:20:47 PM
The backline is pretty tough next year.

Im waiting on Lids for either rd 8 or 12 as a final piece to the backline puzzle.

Gibbs is injured slightly, maybe he hasnt been able to do the extra running without hinderance that elite footballers do in their spare time, its probably a non issue really, there was no operation.

Im just not sure what a new coach, or BJ coming out of contract at the end of 2012 may produce for his scoring.

Im really considering having no premiums in my backline...judging by Monty's Fanplanner, there will be a few possible changes in MPP....Burgoyne, Hartlett?

Being November its a just too little hard to call.

Salopek, Birchall, Yarran, Grundy or Hurn as potential alternatives? They all dont have a new coach?

Gibbsy will be right. Still over 100 days till round 1. Rest him in the nab if need be.

Hurn is a gun Scer but cops a tag fpr dt. Birch yeah but he's at premo price. Yarray is inconsistent but a possibility not sure about Grundy or Salopek... Never really had great Dt years, what makes this year special?

bowyanger

Salopek has been injured.
Port have employed some good assistants.
There have been a few injuries to important players at port in the past.
Port have a good draw.
AFL has helped them out also.
A few things to give him confidence.

Grundy is the go to man from Swans backline, has a good DE...takes a lot of marks....good player

elephants

Yeah I agree with salopek. Really like him as a player. If he's a back I'll consider. Grundy is less likely but not completely discounting anyone yet.

Voldemort

Quote from: Ziplock on November 21, 2011, 01:06:50 AM
Quote from: elephants on November 21, 2011, 01:02:42 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on November 21, 2011, 01:01:02 AM
I rate dids for an explosive year. May pick him instead of gibbs if I need to cash cut.
Nah mate have both ;)
mmm, unfortunately at my price range, it's pretty much lids, goddard or gibbs that needs to be cut :P

actually, I could probably just squeeze him in. Damn, I want official prices :P

don't we all Zip, don't we all  ;)

elephants

Quote from: Voldemort on November 23, 2011, 01:12:08 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on November 21, 2011, 01:06:50 AM
Quote from: elephants on November 21, 2011, 01:02:42 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on November 21, 2011, 01:01:02 AM
I rate dids for an explosive year. May pick him instead of gibbs if I need to cash cut.
Nah mate have both ;)
mmm, unfortunately at my price range, it's pretty much lids, goddard or gibbs that needs to be cut :P

actually, I could probably just squeeze him in. Damn, I want official prices :P

don't we all Zip, don't we all  ;)
Yes we most certainly do. I reckon I'll start being really nice to someone that's got assistant coach gold thingy so I can get prices in December. :P

chatters24

Lids has been considered a "must have" for a few years now by many people simply due to his durability and potential. He is always in or around the best 10 scoring defenders in the comp, but he could be so much better. He has the potential to finally crack that 100 point average but needs to improve on his work rate.

Herp Derp

Quote from: noto07 on November 21, 2011, 01:43:07 AM
Non the less Deledio will be a lock for me. With all these defenders hes bound to be more of a midfeilder/running half back!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/126822/default.aspx

You called it!
He's a definite lock for me.

theflyinghawk

Quote from: Herp Derp on December 03, 2011, 09:54:57 AM
Non the less Deledio will be a lock for me. With all these defenders hes bound to be more of a midfeilder/running half back!

You called it!

im actually a bit dissapointed they published the article! hahahaha

TheMailman

The class of player at that price in the midfield and listed as a back you'd be crazy not to look seriously at him

Holz

Quote from: theflyinghawk on December 03, 2011, 11:27:33 AM
Quote from: Herp Derp on December 03, 2011, 09:54:57 AM

You called it!

im actually a bit dissapointed they published the article! hahahaha

its not like lids was ever going to be a smokie, if he is a back he will be in nearly every team regardless.

Herp Derp

Still, it means that many more people are going to pick him with even the smallest amount of research! And anyone who was having doubts about him will definitely pick him now!

Houli's going to be a fairly good one, he'll be playing in Lid's previous role now I'd say!