Brett Deledio

Started by theflyinghawk, November 21, 2011, 12:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theflyinghawk

I think Lids is almost a must have this year in defense, will average 100.
We have added depth in the backline with morris able to play the lockdown role lids was forced into at times last year and i would think we would be a good chance to pick docherty at pick 15. i think we will either be seeing lids push further up the ground or play a pure rebounding role, either way his points increase in my view, what do you guys think?

The_Captain

Sounds like a fair statement to me. Although i dont know much about morris. Whats he like? Any comparisons to current defenders?

elephants

Yep fair enough. First ten games are very tough for the tiges though.

Ziplock

I rate dids for an explosive year. May pick him instead of gibbs if I need to cash cut.

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on November 21, 2011, 01:01:02 AM
I rate dids for an explosive year. May pick him instead of gibbs if I need to cash cut.
Nah mate have both ;)

theflyinghawk

Quote from: noto07 on November 21, 2011, 12:51:33 AM
Sounds like a fair statement to me. Although i dont know much about morris. Whats he like? Any comparisons to current defenders?

small tough defender who can play a lockdown role on a small forward but also run off and rebound, similar to duigan

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on November 21, 2011, 01:02:42 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on November 21, 2011, 01:01:02 AM
Nah mate have both ;)
mmm, unfortunately at my price range, it's pretty much lids, goddard or gibbs that needs to be cut :P

actually, I could probably just squeeze him in. Damn, I want official prices :P

The_Captain

cheers "theflyinghawk", good to see he can rebound as well as lock down. makes him dt viable. by the sounds of it his job security seems pretty good? may have to get a gig on my bench come round 1.

elephants

Yeah, do you think m0nty will adjust the prices once the assistant coach owners get the real pricers in december.

Ziplock

*cough* no, that would be unethical  ;D

elephants

theflyinghawk

Quote from: noto07 on November 21, 2011, 01:08:28 AM
cheers "theflyinghawk", good to see he can rebound as well as lock down. makes him dt viable. by the sounds of it his job security seems pretty good? may have to get a gig on my bench come round 1.

he played this year in south australia as a rebounding defender but i think he will be used more as a lockdown role but the ability to rebound is certainly there, i certainly thought he was a shoe-in, would have been a certainty last season but im second guessing myself a bit. the fullback line is pretty set with batchelor rance grimes, as is the halfback line with (hopefully) houli post/astbury newman so he would need to get a bench spot, but i still think hes a fairly good chance to play round one...who would have thought the tigz would ever have selection dilemas

The_Captain

Maybe Morris and Grimes could be vying for that same position in a back pocket. It does seem like a pretty tall full back line. Thinking they may need a smaller defender on the full back line with some speed? But then again they do have newman and houli on the half back line, who cover that role.. Hmm yes the dilemmas. Least thats one positive for Richmond ! Non the less Deledio will be a lock for me. With all these defenders hes bound to be more of a midfeilder/running half back!

Holz

i would almost say Gibbs, Lids and Goddard should all be locked if all backs

theflyinghawk

Quote from: noto07 on November 21, 2011, 01:43:07 AM
Maybe Morris and Grimes could be vying for that same position in a back pocket. It does seem like a pretty tall full back line. Thinking they may need a smaller defender on the full back line with some speed? But then again they do have newman and houli on the half back line, who cover that role.. Hmm yes the dilemmas. Least thats one positive for Richmond ! Non the less Deledio will be a lock for me. With all these defenders hes bound to be more of a midfeilder/running half back!

grimes is a lock he was massive when he played last year, won us the dreamtime game when he got injured in he last few minutes. its not too tall, i think you need 3 talls down back, batchelor is a small-medium defender similar to morris in some ways, by no means able to play on a tall. but yes lock lids in regardless of all this :)