Previous topic - Next topic

Is he still in your midfield next year?

Yeah Mate
20 (64.5%)
Nah Mate
11 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 4

elephants

Now I, like thousands of other dt coaches, have Scotty Pendles well and truly locked in. However, does the fact Scott has only signed a 12 month contract with the pies and with GWS going after his brother make pendles a not so viable option as a premium midfielder next year?
There are many other options around his price...
Am I over thinking this? Cheers.

Cicjose

worry about 2013 when we get to the end of 2012

Ziplock

I think he means
'see palmer this year'

elephants

Yeah that's what I mean. Buckley obviously has massive commitment to the club and he's poured his heart and soul into the pies (cough yuck) so he's not going to want players in the 22 that aren't playing for the club week in week out.

Ziplock

I can't see pendles not giving every game his all regardless.

The pies are going to be vying for a premiership. I think they need pendles for that.

Holz

even for premiums i want value, would rather ablett and selwood i see more upside in them.

elephants

Yeah that's is holz. Rockliffe and jelwood has more upside.

ossie85

Pendles will dominate (barring injury) regardless of GWS talk. Unlike Ablett and Scully, I don't think it will drag out as long. Pies managed to sign all of O'Brien, Thomas, Swan, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Reid and Dawes from the GWS last year, and Cloke turned down a massive offer from the Bombers the year before, and all relatively quickly. I doubt they'll let this hang over there heads.

elephants

ossie85

That could just be me being hopeful :)

elephants

Yeah it's tough to tell. Can't really see the future but I think if GWS sign his bro he may have a chance.

LaHug

Quote from: ossie85 on November 20, 2011, 06:56:18 AM

Pendles will dominate (barring injury) regardless of GWS talk. Unlike Ablett and Scully, I don't think it will drag out as long. Pies managed to sign all of O'Brien, Thomas, Swan, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Reid and Dawes from the GWS last year, and Cloke turned down a massive offer from the Bombers the year before, and all relatively quickly. I doubt they'll let this hang over there heads.
Problem is, if Pendles does want to move on (like Ablett and Scully), the Pies won't be able to sign him quickly because he won't be signing at all. That will leave a lot of speculation hanging over him and the team.
As you said, Pies managed to sign everyone once, so if they can't manage to sign Pendles this time, it'll surely make the rumours even worse?
I never thought about it affecting his game but I'm almost worried now...

valkorum

Quote from: Ziplock on November 20, 2011, 12:46:24 AM
I think he means
'see palmer this year'

Palmer was played out of position.  No-one actually knows if this was because Rhys had already agreed to terms with GWS. 

Ziplock

yeah I know, I don't think we'll see a similar issue with pendles- the gulf between their skills is too great.

and it's always reassuring to hear that was why he flopped, not just the general 'HE'S shower!' :P

Voldemort

The thing is, it's either Swan or Pendlebury, and deep down in everyone's heart, it's Swan. If you have both of them, one might fire and the other might not (although they both usually do). The tendency of the coach is to rest his two guns, like the last round.

Swan over Pendlebury at this stage just because Swan can have really, really huge games

actually, so can Pendlebury .... 

I dunno toss a coin or something ;)