On Short List
1 (10%)
Will watch during pre-season
6 (60%)
Not at all
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Ringo

I was impressed with what I seen of Lester last year but my only worry is the number of foot injuries he has had. Observed on FF Player list has also been given B/M Dpp which may be advantageous,  Will also be looking at his final price as he has been given no discount despite missing virtually the whole season with stress fracture of the foot.

Height    191cm
Weight    83kg
Position: Defence/Mid (DPP)  (Seen this on the Players section in FF)
FF Price $272,700
Ryan Lester is a versatile 191cm utility whose speed and strength allows him to play up forward, back in defence or even in the midfield. Although still at the beginning of his AFL development, he looks set to become a key component of the Lions' future. He looks likely to develop into a key quick for a player of his size, and capable of playing in defence, forward or even in the midfield. Has a booming and accurate kick and deft hands. Represented Vic Metro at the 2010 NAB AFL U18 Championships, averaging 16 disposals and four marks.

Summary of his 2011 year from Lions evaluation:
Lester proved the bolter of the Lions' crop of 2010 draftees, impressing coaches with his fitness throughout the pre-season period.
He earned a regular place in the Club's pre-season campaign, playing predominantly as a third tall forward option. His safe hands and football smarts proved a feature of his game.
Such was his form over summer, Lester was one of three Lions selected to make his debut in Round 1 against Fremantle at the Gabba. He proceeded to collect 16 disposals, take six marks and kick a goal in his first-up senior effort.
He kept his senior spot in each of the team's first three matches, before a stress reaction in his foot discovered after Round 3 resulted in an extended period on the sidelines.
As it turned out, the injury forced him to miss the remainder of the season. But in just three games, Lester always looked suited to the senior AFL stage.

The game against Freo was the one that caught my eye with 16 possessions on debut.

Now that he has been given a DPP will strongly come into consideration especially if price is discounted.  Also I suspect he may used at CHF if Brisbane's forward line fails to fire with the loss of Clark.

Samm79

Will be interesting to see how he goes, but will not be a keeper and will not be a decent cash cow, so it's a no for me..