FEV!

Started by Cicjose, November 18, 2011, 06:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

AFEV

I really really really hope he gets picked up :D

Maca24

So do I Sid.
I don't care what people say, he is a good bloke and an extremely talented player. Crazy that no one is even interested atm.

TheMailman

I think there is definate interest. Just keeping it away from predatory media

I'm not impressed Sydney isn't thinking about him though  :-\ He'd be very useful

Maca24

Its unfortunate that he doesn't fit essendon.
Sydney, Fremantle, Bulldogs and Hawthorn can all benefit hugely IMO.

Ziplock

STK or NM as well imo.

TheMailman

Well I know Longmuire made a statement saying they weren't interested at all

I guess its fair. Fev's on his 3rd/4th chance and he's getting old  :P

Holz

Quote from: Maca24 on November 18, 2011, 07:20:36 PM
[/quote

with fev i would put the hawks as the premiship favourites try stopping fev and franklin. Freo would also be a decent chance with pav and fev up front

AFEV

Quote from: Holzman on November 19, 2011, 03:41:05 AM

with fev i would put the hawks as the premiship favourites try stopping fev and franklin. Freo would also be a decent chance with pav and fev up front
And Roughead and Gunston? Can't see them playing 4 talls up forward :-X
TO do that they'd need to drop Gunston and use Roughie in the ruck and TBH if I were Hawthorn I'd rather develop the young prospect in Gunston.

RiOtChEsS

i dont think anyone is gonna blow a national draft selection on him, a preseason draft pick yes but not national

PowerBug

Quote from: Sid on November 19, 2011, 08:04:59 AM
Quote from: Holzman on November 19, 2011, 03:41:05 AM

And Roughead and Gunston? Can't see them playing 4 talls up forward :-X
TO do that they'd need to drop Gunston and use Roughie in the ruck and TBH if I were Hawthorn I'd rather develop the young prospect in Gunston.
Remember when they had Franklin, Roughead, Trent Croad (Was that his name?? Something like that) and Mark Williams all up front. There's 4 marking forwards there.
And look at West Coast, Lynch, Darling, Kennedy, and Cox/Naitinui.

But should Hawthorn recruit Fev?? No they shouldn't.

TheMailman

In Hawthorn's case at least

The benefits are greatly outweighed by potential risks

Maca24

Buddy misses a lot of games with suspension, while Roughy hasn't been the most durable of late.
Fev could purely play as a back up for them when either Buddy or Rough aren't playing.
He would be on a tiny wage and would cost them nothing to get him..

That being said there are far more positives for Sydney, Freo and Dogs.

Sydney: He sits at FF for a finals team in Sydney, allowing Goodes to play CHF. What a combo and could take them to Top 4.

Freo: would look great with Pavlich at CHF and Fev at FF. John Anthony could play FB. This could even free Pav up to play onball. Freo a Top 4 team if they get Fev.

Dogs: Replaces Hall and mentors kids like Liam Jones. Allows Dogs to stay competitive while pouring knowledge into young forwards.

Cicjose

very good summary maca

Ringo

Strong Rumour up here that he will be picked up by the Bombers.  Do not know whether it is strong in in Melbourne though.