Maancos team v.1.0 Rate for a Rate

Started by maanco, November 15, 2011, 09:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maanco

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Grant Birchall, Tony Armstrong, Brian Lake, Marty Clarke, Luke Brown
Billie Smedts, Steven Morris

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Lenny Hayes, Koby Stevens, Anthony Miles
Dylan Shiel, Dayne Zorko

Matthew Leuenberger, Sam Rowe
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Travis Cloke, Mitch Robinson, Dustin Martin, David Zaharakis, Jonathan Brown, Stephen Clifton
Adam Treloar, Tommy Walsh

Cash Left: $190,600

what are peoples thoughts on my frist team for 2012??
i will be getting around rating other peoples teams soon    Rate for a Rate

Ziplock

I like it. I don't rate Zaha this year though, I really do not give him high odds of breaking out again.

And I don't know enough about Hanley.

Can someone fill me in on him, because this is like the 3rd or 4th team I've seen him in.

I mean, he had a break out year this year and averaged 80, finally breaking into the lions team properly. He's at probably the right age for another break out year (although back to back break outs are uncommon), he's not exactly a high draft pick, and he's playing for a team that'll probably end up in the bottom 10.

So where's this faith coming from? His scoring is really eratic... I can see him being DT material, but only if he developed a bit more consistency.

Has an alright ceiling for a young defender though.

Scrads

No swan ? That would be the only suggestion I could make at this stage, good team so far. Obviously your choice of rookies will male a huge difference to your teams overall performance.

maanco

thanks guys,

I didn't pick swan because i know i can get him at a cheaper price latter in the season, well i hope so. If i dont pick swan it gives me more cash and also gives me an extra pick to pick someone like pendalbury.

Im not sure on Zaha either nor am i with a lot of other players on my list, but this is only preseason. As for Hanley i think he my just have some more improvement in him, and i cant really see any players that i want.

maanco

i forgot i had posted earlier but that's before the actual prices came out

Football Factory

Quote from: maanco on January 15, 2012, 01:08:40 PM
Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Grant Birchall, Tony Armstrong, Brian Lake, Marty Clarke, Luke Brown
Billie Smedts, Steven Morris

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Lenny Hayes, Koby Stevens, Anthony Miles
Dylan Shiel, Dayne Zorko

Matthew Leuenberger, Sam Rowe
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Travis Cloke, Mitch Robinson, Dustin Martin, David Zaharakis, Jonathan Brown, Stephen Clifton
Adam Treloar, Tommy Walsh

Cash Left: $190,600

what are peoples thoughts on my frist team for 2012??
i will be getting around rating other peoples teams soon :)   Rate for a Rate
Yeah not bad ..gone the cheap ruck theory i have no problem with it, i suppose if the other positions you have upgraded in do well it wont make much difference. Not a fan of having Hayes this year and im not on the Armstrong bandwagon but im not you and i didnt win the car last year so overall not a bad team... good luck with the ruck thing

maanco

thanks mate. I'm not sure if i should go Lenny Hayes or Michael Barlow. im also not to sure about tony Armstrong Job security. but it is my first team.

Football factory do you have a team you want me to rate??

maanco

preety good not as good as mine :P

i'm not to sure about Darren Pfeiffer im pretty sure he is rookie listed so will need to be upgraded by his club before he gets any games

i wouldnt be heath Shaw or Aaron Sandilands atm, but thats just me

Football Factory

Quote from: maanco on January 15, 2012, 03:19:15 PM
preety good not as good as mine :P

i'm not to sure about Darren Pfeiffer im pretty sure he is rookie listed so will need to be upgraded by his club before he gets any games

i wouldnt be heath Shaw or Aaron Sandilands atm, but thats just me
Yeah he is only rookie listed at the moment so is Horsley from GCFC gonna wait see what happens with them...H..Shaw i think will have a ripper season i think he will want to prove his worth to the club and new coach Bucks.

Big Sandi is in great shape having a ripper pre season fully over the turf toe and is slightly undervalued imo..if you take out his injury affected games

Round 3: cut above left eye subbed in the 3rd Qtr. (79) points

Round 9: turf toe injury subbed in the 4th Qtr. (90) points

Round 14: soreness of the turf toe subbed in the 3rd Qtr. (47) points

He averaged 101.9

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7009/newsid/127710/default.aspx

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/healthy-aaron-sandilands-toey-for-2012/story-e6frf9jf-1226193572828

So im expecting a big year from Sandi

"preety good not as good as mine :P ".....You better take your team down before the noobs copy it   :P

picker_man

good first team mate, I think your backs could do with a little work, as you have over 190k in the bank (which i think is a little to much) maybe look at upgrading either lake or armstrong to a premium back (heppell looks good hes put on alot of weight over preason and should up his average or shaw / adcock ect) you should also have atleast 40k left which would allow you to upgrade hayes to barlow.
I like the ruck rookie option, i havent personaly gone for it myself as i was turned of after seeing who giles will be playing against in the early rounds but it has allowed you to have an extremely strong forward line.
a few tweaks and your lookin good mate :)   

mmurphy3

Good team, good cover..and handy money in the bank... probs an 8 1/2 out of 10

maanco

thanks guys

@FF
i see where your coming from with shaw and sandi but i'm not to sure about them.

@Picker
thanks for the info on heppell i had no idea he had put on a bit of weight. Where did you find that out?? (source??)
at the moment I'm not to sure about about most the back premiums which is why i've upgraded else where instead of back there.
After finishing my team i saw that i had $190k left and i couldn't find anywhere where that i felt like was worth upgrading, so i devised a plan. In rd5-10 i will upgrade one of my rooks (fwd or ruck thanks to rowes DPP) to a premium ruck. Or i could just upgrade somewhere else if the price is right.

To those wanting me to rate there teams please leave a link to your thread.

Shirtfront

Good looking team although I'd go Barlow over Hayes at this stage.

Roy.G.Biv

Nice team, I'm also looking at the cheaper ruck combo.

Here's a link to how Heppell's looking- looks 4-5kg heavier imho.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/images/11/111213_gc-camp-d1-45-l.jpg

maanco

thanks guys
i've picked Hayes because he is and has been training the house down and rumor has it that Barlow is on a restricted program.

@Roy are you aiming for the same ruck combo as me?? if not who??