First post, first team!

Started by stew42, November 15, 2011, 04:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew42

Wahey! This is kept to the 8.78 mill AFL salary cap... rip to shreds!

Evil Weevils Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by stew42. Salary cap left: $363,700.

Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Matt Suckling, Beau Waters, Matthew Buntine, Tim Mohr
Brandon Ellis, Steven Morris

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Thompson, Michael Barlow, Dom Tyson, Tom Mitchell
Marty Clarke, Dylan Shiel

Matthew Leuenberger, Shane Mumford
Jonathan Giles, Eddie Prato

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Travis Cloke, Leigh Adams, Jonathan Brown, Jonathan Patton, Dayne Zorko
Jason Porplyzia, Tommy Walsh

EDIT: Balla out, Leigh Adams in. I figure another smoky can't hurt, and Adams has shown steady improvement
         Out Morabito, in Zorko. Mostly to finance Adams, but I can see him getting more points than Morabito if he can break into the Brisbane side as he has been a huge ball winner in the NEAFL for a few years now and can also kick goals as a small forward. Look at NAB Cup closely

EDIT 2: Out Houli, in Suckling
Out Sierakowski, in Mohr. This is a fairly minor spot for my last back/bench back. Taking a punt that Mohr will be in the GWS starting lineup.
Out Treloar, In Marty Clarke. Again, a fairly minor call. I reckon that only one of Treloar and Shiel will be playing in 2012.
Out Hoskin-Elliot, in Dom Tyson. Tyson is much more of a ball winner
And with the spare cash... Out Rockliff, in Pendles. Booyeah. That is all.

egosbar

nice start although i cant see the point of having that much cash left , i like 50-100k

stew42

Just curious about what the salary cap will actually be... If I have an extra 350k, add another super premo mid or two. Anyway, I see 16 keepers in this team, which I'm happy with at this salary  :D

TheMailman

I like the team a lot!  :)

But I don't understand why people keep inserting Ballentyne and Morabito into their team

I understand that Morabito is rookie priced but he is coming back from a serious knee injury and is still young so he hasn't made a huge impact.

That said would be happy to see someone prove me wrong

DT Gun

i agree. drop morabito to a rookie and upgrade bally to a prem

Ziplock

Mora is pretty much a rookie though in pricing.

stew42

TheMailman

Also a reminder because this was your first post

Make sure you pick the right advice that comes to you

Often you can find experienced opinions in experienced posters but not always

Just because I or someone else says that Morabito is no good doesn't mean it's the right advice!

You should be fine though

stew42

Fair enough Mailman, thanks. tbh, I reckon this team will change 10+ more times anyway...

Ziplock

like for instance, a counter point to Mora is that he's had well over a year to recover from his injury, will slide into Freo's best 22 easily, he's older, you'd think his skills would have improved despite his injury, and we know his scoring range isn't bad (not great, but isn't bad). If he can improve to a 70+ average, you'd be very happy with him, and it's completely doable as well.

Or,  you could pick this years richardson :P

TheMailman

Yeah I think Morabito might be one to wait on for more information from Fremantle staff

DT Gun

the team is heaps better like that. Id rather a premium and a rookie than morabito and ballyntyne

PowerBug

First of all, welome to FanFooty.

Secondly, very nice team especially as you stuck to the 8.78mil salary, not the fanplanner salary.

16 keepers is very solid.

stew42

Updated version
I am soooooooooooooooo happy with this... :):):)

Evil Weevils Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by stew42. Salary cap left: $33,800.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Grant Birchall, Dyson Heppell, Sam Docherty, Brandon Ellis
Tim Mohr, Steven Morris

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Michael Barlow, Tom Rockliff, Dylan Shiel
Tom Mitchell, Adam Treloar

Matthew Leuenberger, Shane Mumford
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Dayne Beams, Nathan Fyfe, Travis Cloke, Jonathan Brown, Matthew Panos, Jason Porplyzia
Tommy Walsh, Dayne Zorko

Torpedo10

I'm not 100% sure about Swanny this year. His price rocketed up at the end of last year and I think he is overpriced. If you wait 3 or 4 rounds then his price should have dropped and you can pick him up.I would get Rockliff in instead.You never know when Shaw can get a big ban so I would dump him and take a risk on Hartlett, Waters, Newman or Grimes.