World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

ossie85

Another Brian Hudson --> Brian Lake thing. Did wonders for Lake's career!

Purple 77

Quote from: ossie85 on February 06, 2013, 09:49:01 PM

Another Brian Hudson --> Brian Lake thing. Did wonders for Lake's career!

Wow, I never knew that  :-[

JBs-Hawks

Probably because it was Brian Harris ;)

ossie85

DazBurg

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 06, 2013, 08:31:45 PM
PNL have lost Wilkes!

But gained Maister?!

Weird.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-06/meet-mr-maister

would be good if it does make him better be handy for us then :P...lol

Nails

QuotePerhaps the most famous AFL name change came in 1999, when star Geelong midfielder Garry Hocking changed his name to 'Whiskas' for a week, in a deal with a cat food company.

The Cats, struggling with debt at the time, received $80,000 as part of the sponsorship, and Hocking $20,000.

Garry's brother (or brother in law, IDK) also worked for Uncle Ben's (Whiskas) so they had an inside man on the job.

Lol at changing your name to that though.

My Chumps

Quote from: Nails on February 06, 2013, 11:45:09 PM
QuotePerhaps the most famous AFL name change came in 1999, when star Geelong midfielder Garry Hocking changed his name to 'Whiskas' for a week, in a deal with a cat food company.

The Cats, struggling with debt at the time, received $80,000 as part of the sponsorship, and Hocking $20,000.

Garry's brother (or brother in law, IDK) also worked for Uncle Ben's (Whiskas) so they had an inside man on the job.

Lol at changing your name to that though.
Hahaha, that's excellent.

Nails

I went to school with Garry Hocking's niece, so I got the inside info on that one ;)

Shame I never met the bloke though.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Nails on February 07, 2013, 12:19:38 AM
I went to school with Garry Hocking's niece, so I got the inside info on that one ;)

Shame I never met the bloke though.

Get some inside info on her too? :P

Nails

I replied iirc JBs... Must have been considered inappropriate for FF...

Anyway, still looking for a depth mid! hit me up!!!!

CrowsFan

So looks like we won't be having a preseason comp this year, which is disappointing as I was looking forward to trying to defend my title :(

If I recall correctly we actually used DT scores for the matches rather than SC since they weren't available at the time. Could possibly do the same again if someone could run it. I would put my hand up, but going away to Bali on tuesday so can't.

Also when is c4 making this announcement about his future? Hasn't been online since he said we would make the announcement...

ossie85

c4 keeping us in suspense for sure!

*looks at Purple* Can I volunteer you for the comp?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 06, 2013, 08:31:45 PM
PNL have lost Wilkes!

But gained Maister?!

Weird.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-06/meet-mr-maister
Maister... Could just drop the I and become a Master :P. Hopefully means big things to come such as Lake's name change 8).

Quote from: CrowsFan on February 03, 2013, 04:59:05 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on February 03, 2013, 03:54:45 PM
Is there much to discuss? I never think of anything  :-X
May not be much, but ossie posted the question of a preseason comp and if anyone could run it or how it would work and not a single coach responded to it, which is pretty disappointing.

Then you have some coaches who put in the absolute bare minimum of work required and don't even update their squads regularly during trade time and it's just annoying when, I for one, put a lot of effort in to keeping my thread clean and looking nice for others to see.
Took on Phasir as an assistant and he's planning on a full make over of the PNL homepage! Think some may have seen sneak peaks of it on the World's Boards if you catch his "tests" at the right time ;). Basically going to have a new page soon so the old one which was hardly updated will be discarded, so a fresher start!

I haven't been on FF much past few weeks or so as some know my net has been really shifty at times. Some pages for FF won't load for me, others I click reply and won't load that page. Then I write a message and won't send it, etc. Gets frustrating at times as even occurs for PMs for me ::). I had trouble moving some topics earlier today. Why I have kinda limited my posting recently cause it is just that annoying (also for FTP >:().

EDIT:
IT SENT FIRST GO! WOOOOOOOO. You don't know how happy that really makes me, the guys who have been on chat this afternoon would know the torture it has been :P.

Quote from: ossie85 on February 09, 2013, 03:08:10 PM

So just people give in their teams and whoever is organising looks at the DT scores and tallies it up? If it is, I don't mind doing it :). Will try to get it done on Sunday night/Monday as long as I'm at home. I sadly don't know any fancy graphics so won't be anything special :P. Although I like writing a little snipit on each match about star players, underperformers, etc :P.

That bit was meant to be another message, straight after but then didn't send, tried going back and lost it. Reloaded from main page and took a while to get back here....

Purple 77

Quote from: ossie85 on February 09, 2013, 03:08:10 PM

I won't lie, I have been very busy these days. It's not really school so to speak, its preparing for the  AFL season! lol. Have been working on a number of spreadsheets which I have put on hiatus and decided to work on an excel SC selector like last season. SC website is making it harder though, as I cant copy and paste as much info as I'd like. Im currently manually putting in averages, what team they belong etc.... very tedious, but you cant say I dont enjoy doing it  :P

Having said that, I reckon I am able to run the pre-season comp, and will do it if no one else wants to take charge.

Is that a volunteer from HP?  :o By all means, if you, and anyone else wants to run it, please do. But if you think you will struggle to make time for it and have doubts you will get it done, then I am happy to take charge  :)