World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Yay! Discussion......

Yeah, part of it is some coaches don't pull the weight...

Others, I think we are better organised than other comps :) If I do say so myself lol

CrowsFan

Certainly more organised than the other comps that's for sure os, but I think maybe lacking in enthusiasm on occasions. But I guess I just whinge about that since I also run the APL game for soccer and it always gets to this stage of the year where people go on holidays and the banter just dries up :(

Anyway regarding the c4 issue what are we going to do? Will we be putting it to a vote to make Q a co-coach since c4 had announced he had appointed him that? I don't like co-coaches, but in this case I think it is a must with the constant disappearances of c4...

Torpedo10

Not sure many people want many players from New Delhi......  :-X

Purple 77

Quote from: CrowsFan on February 03, 2013, 05:21:47 PM
Just had a look at your thread purps and it's very impressive. You've certainly put in a lot of work! :)

Thanks CF!  :)

meow meow

The author of one of the book, Punctuate it Right, feels this way about writers who use ellipses to imply that they have more to say: “It is doubtful that they have anything in mind, and the device seems a rather cheap one.”
So, use ellipses to show hesitation or a trailing off of thoughts if you must, but use them sparingly, and know that although it's grammatically correct, it's considered by some to be annoying and cheap.

Purple 77

Quote from: meow meow on February 03, 2013, 10:16:52 PM
The author of one of the book, Punctuate it Right, feels this way about writers who use ellipses to imply that they have more to say: “It is doubtful that they have anything in mind, and the device seems a rather cheap one.”
So, use ellipses to show hesitation or a trailing off of thoughts if you must, but use them sparingly, and know that although it's grammatically correct, it's considered by some to be annoying and cheap.

Hmm.......  Good point.......

meow meow

The first sentence is grammatically perfect...

Trade me a ruckman.

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on February 03, 2013, 08:37:05 PM
Certainly more organised than the other comps that's for sure os, but I think maybe lacking in enthusiasm on occasions. But I guess I just whinge about that since I also run the APL game for soccer and it always gets to this stage of the year where people go on holidays and the banter just dries up :(

Anyway regarding the c4 issue what are we going to do? Will we be putting it to a vote to make Q a co-coach since c4 had announced he had appointed him that? I don't like co-coaches, but in this case I think it is a must with the constant disappearances of c4...

Honestly, I don't think Q would commit. That's the problem I have, Q is ok dong things part time, but I have a feeling would have to chase him up every single week.  Happy for Q to disagree.

I'm pretty sure after they announced that - again could be wrong - that Q later became 'head of coaching' and not co-coach

kilbluff1985

i still want to be a coach, just saying lol

My Chumps

Quote from: meow meow on February 03, 2013, 10:16:52 PM
Good to see Meow actively involved in discussion! :P

ossie85

Ah, meow always saying a lot without saying anything

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on February 04, 2013, 08:59:35 AM
Quote from: CrowsFan on February 03, 2013, 08:37:05 PM

Honestly, I don't think Q would commit. That's the problem I have, Q is ok dong things part time, but I have a feeling would have to chase him up every single week.  Happy for Q to disagree.

I'm pretty sure after they announced that - again could be wrong - that Q later became 'head of coaching' and not co-coach

The rumor mill has been going nuts in the past few weeks about c4 and his continuing absence. Some sources even say that he has absconded his team for a head coaching role in America's prestigious Legends Football League, once known as the Lingerie Football League. Other say that the players jokingly locked the head coach in equipment locker and simply forgot about him during the Christmas break.

However, persons who are close to the head coach have today came out and said that an announcement on the coaching future of c4 will be made in the coming days.

ossie85

Ah, good to see you back c4 :)

Ringo

Great to see you back C4 - How is the new job going suspecting that is the reason for you being less active than normal.  Venue manager I think from reading an earlier post.

My Chumps

Yeah, good to hear from you again Seaflower :)