World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: murphyman on April 08, 2012, 12:27:21 AM
Are there any players that wernt drafted to a club ??
In the supercoach version every player was drafted.

In the dreamteam version, there was a cap of 35 players. 25 normal, 5 National Draft, and 5 rookie draft in which two of those picks could be leftover AFL listed players.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: PowerBug on April 08, 2012, 12:58:00 AM

In the dreamteam version, there was a cap of 35 players. 25 normal, 5 National Draft, and 5 rookie draft in which two of those picks could be leftover AFL listed players.

Actually PB, not every player was drafted in the SC version. Lincoln McCarthy from Geelong, Collingwood's Trent Stubbs, Daniel Famer and Michael Hartley, Geelong's Mark Blicava, Fremantle's Jordan King, St. Kilda's Darren Michington, Western Bulldogs's Mark Austin, Essendon's Anthony Long, Gold Coast's Josh Hall and finally Sydney's Jack Lynch missed out on being drafted.

murphyman

Quote from: c4v3m4n on April 08, 2012, 11:25:20 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on April 08, 2012, 12:58:00 AM

Actually PB, not every player was drafted in the SC version. Lincoln McCarthy from Geelong, Collingwood's Trent Stubbs, Daniel Famer and Michael Hartley, Geelong's Mark Blicava, Fremantle's Jordan King, St. Kilda's Darren Michington, Western Bulldogs's Mark Austin, Essendon's Anthony Long, Gold Coast's Josh Hall and finally Sydney's Jack Lynch missed out on being drafted.
josh halls pretty good

FisherSaints

Aaron Hall I think you mean?

murphyman

FisherSaints

Aaron Hall was drafted, Josh Hall, who hasnt played, hasnt been drafted

My Chumps

What happened to the WXV's brownlow btw?  :-\

Boomz

I would assume it's like the normal brownlow and we don't know see any of the results until the end of the season?

My Chumps

Quote from: Boomz on April 11, 2012, 10:03:30 PM
I would assume it's like the normal brownlow and we don't know see any of the results until the end of the season?
Ahhh, that would make sense.
Cheers Boomz!

It would be cool to have a live vote count at the end of the season! Aslong as nobody ruins it by calculating the results beforehand  :P

murphyman

Supercoach score of 2228 pretty happy

CrowsFan

Quote from: murphyman on April 15, 2012, 07:57:27 PM
Supercoach score of 2228 pretty happy
Why are you posting that here? ???

Purple 77

sigh. I knew this is the year i was gonna have

After the first three games:

I've had the most points scored against me in world 15s  :( Thanks to the suns and pumas  >:(

Anyway, also noticed that

pumas have scored the most points
Tigers have had least points scored against them
Royals have scored the least

PowerBug

Ossie have you thought any more about this Cap business?? I for one was for this idea.

meow meow

Quote from: PowerBug on May 09, 2012, 10:04:16 PM
Ossie have you thought any more about this Cap business?? I for one was for this idea.

Still hate the idea. It disadvantages teams who take a long term view and want to develop their players. If someone nails their recruiting and picks the majority of the next generation of stars, they shouldn't be forced to cut them and be penalised for good recruiting. If you picked a whole heap of duds who aren't good enough to get AFL games that's you're own fault.

The idea is to keep it similar to AFL, and no such cap exists. Teams that recruit poorly suffer. One such club traded Scott Thompson for Lynden Dunn, took Scully and Trengove over Martin and Fyfe, and took Watts over NicNat. Melbourne don't get a crack at securing Jobe Watson and Daniel Wells simply because they're experienced.

PowerBug

Quote from: meow meow on May 09, 2012, 11:36:37 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on May 09, 2012, 10:04:16 PM

Still hate the idea. It disadvantages teams who take a long term view and want to develop their players. If someone nails their recruiting and picks the majority of the next generation of stars, they shouldn't be forced to cut them and be penalised for good recruiting. If you picked a whole heap of duds who aren't good enough to get AFL games that's you're own fault.

The idea is to keep it similar to AFL, and no such cap exists. Teams that recruit poorly suffer. One such club traded Scott Thompson for Lynden Dunn, took Scully and Trengove over Martin and Fyfe, and took Watts over NicNat. Melbourne don't get a crack at securing Jobe Watson and Daniel Wells simply because they're experienced.
I believe the AFL has a salary cap, does it not?? So teams are restricted to who they can and cannot get. Plus it's a pretty lenient cap that ossie's suggested.