World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pothead

My home ground will be Mount Smart Stadium C4

c4v3m4n

Quote from: pothead on March 20, 2012, 11:26:38 PM
My home ground will be Mount Smart Stadium C4

Sure you don't want the Westpac Stadium in Wellington?

ossie85

How's this for an idea? Probably not for the coming season (unless everybody loves it), but maybe in future years...

A 'resting' rule. Where you can nominate 1 player to be 'rested' from your team. And in week 2, he is able to score an extra 10%. Say if you were comfortable you were going to win this week, you could 'rest' Dane Swan. The next week Swan scores 120, but this is boosted up by 10% to 132....

A bit of risk-reward

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on March 21, 2012, 09:32:00 AM
How's this for an idea? Probably not for the coming season (unless everybody loves it), but maybe in future years...

A 'resting' rule. Where you can nominate 1 player to be 'rested' from your team. And in week 2, he is able to score an extra 10%. Say if you were comfortable you were going to win this week, you could 'rest' Dane Swan. The next week Swan scores 120, but this is boosted up by 10% to 132....

A bit of risk-reward

Nah, I'm not for this one as I can see how this one would be mainly used.

People would just "rest" their highest scoring player (like Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury, Thompson etc.) before they play GWS and GC. Then slap the captain tag on them next week, meaning they actually get a 20% boost.

Pendlebury and Swan against GWS with a 20% boost... :o :o It'd suck to be playing them.

Maca24

Sorry Ossie, not a fan either. seems way to technical.  :)

ossie85

Fair call :)

Just to say that if you rest a player, you'd be missing them for a week. So you wouldn't rest Ablett/Swan before there GWS match if you were playing a tough team THAT week. But yes.

PowerBug

Too late to introduce it this year. Keep it in mind for season 2013. ALong with the sub rule :)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: PowerBug on March 21, 2012, 01:51:55 PM
Too late to introduce it this year. Keep it in mind for season 2013. ALong with the sub rule :)

I think more people would be in favour of introducing the sub rule next year after the it's success in the pre-season comp. :)

PowerBug

Like me. It certainly worked. :D

I actually like the resting rule. Maybe tweak it a bit, lower it to 5% and make it that the player has to have played 3-4 games straight beforehand to be able to use the resting rule effectively.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: PowerBug on March 21, 2012, 02:06:25 PM

I actually like the resting rule. Maybe tweak it a bit, lower it to 5% and make it that the player has to have played 3-4 games straight beforehand to be able to use the resting rule effectively.

Perhaps, you also shouldn't be allowed to use your rested player as captain or vice-captain.

ossie85

Quote from: PowerBug on March 21, 2012, 02:06:25 PM

I'd probably add that if you 'rest' a player, he would HAVE to play the next week if selected.

I'd agree that the 10% shouldn't be doubled, but you should be able to use it on your captain. If you rested Swan, it means you aren't getting his score in a given week. So the better the player, the bigger the risk, the bigger the reward.

So if Swan scores a 100, you 100 for Captain bonus, and 10 for resting bonus = 210

meow meow

I'm all for the sub rule. I'm totally against the resting rule.

CrowsFan

PowerBug

It's too late to change the rules for this year though. Well, i believe it is, games start in a few days.

ossie85