maybe... what do people think?

Think if we did, only people who DIDN'T trade 4 players could trade :/

PowerBug

Quote from: ossie85 on March 05, 2012, 07:34:09 AM
Think if we did, only people who DIDN'T trade 4 players could trade :/
Agree there.

c4v3m4n

CrowsFan

I don't think we should have one. We have already had the trade period and everyone had a chance to make trades.

Can't now add another trade period. And if you did would be very harsh to not allow those that had already made 4 trades from making any more. They made the 4 trades thinking that was the only chance to trade before the season started, if they had known there was going to be another trade period they may have saved some trades.

Maca24

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 05, 2012, 01:44:16 PM
I don't think we should have one. We have already had the trade period and everyone had a chance to make trades.

Can't now add another trade period. And if you did would be very harsh to not allow those that had already made 4 trades from making any more. They made the 4 trades thinking that was the only chance to trade before the season started, if they had known there was going to be another trade period they may have saved some trades.
Agree strongly.

Purple 77

Quote from: Maca24 on March 05, 2012, 11:40:18 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on March 05, 2012, 01:44:16 PM

Agree strongly.

Me too

c4v3m4n

Two things:

1. I'm about to start a 'clean up' of this World 15s board (ossie has given me permission), just to make it tidier and more user-friendly. Hardly anything will change, just some minor tweaks and additional threads. Trust me, you'll like the end results. :)

2. I had a random thought just now, should we re-create some awards that the AFL hands out and create some new awards to hand out to players and coaches throughout each year? For example:

• Some existing medals and trophies should be renamed ie. Brownlow, Rising Star, Coleman, McHale, McClelland Trophy etc.
  • Create some new ones like "best coach of the month", "highest individual score award", "best player as voted by coaches", "best coach as voted by coaches" etc. etc.

Thoughts?

Maca24

Great ideas C4!! Like them all :)

My Chumps

A brownlow would be cool, and wouldn't be too hard to calculate  :)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: My Chumps on March 19, 2012, 07:37:09 PM
A brownlow would be cool, and wouldn't be too hard to calculate  :)

My thinking for the Brownlow is:

1. Normal 3-2-1 voting or 5-4-3-2-1 voting.

2. Now voting can be done two ways:
     a. Dominant SC performance.
     b. Similar way to m0nty's Superstar - Star/Medal = 3, Gun/Magnet/Cherry/Heart = 2, Bin/X-factor/Blue Moon = 1
     c. Our own way to be discussed.

PowerBug

Especially as its SC, a brownlow is a good idea. Yet we need a seperate name... hmmm. Any ideas there??

And having other awards is good too. :)

Ziplock

a 5-4-3-2-1 voting system.,.. just give it to ablett now (not even joking). Think about it, he wont have anyone seriously contending for points stealing, unlike all the other top mids.

CrowsFan

Easiest way to do a brownlow would be give the top 3 scorers from each match a 3, 2, or 1 votes. And by match I don't mean crows vs port I mean pumas vs armadillos ;)