World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Just looked at the averages of my players from last year and worked out the strongest 15 from that (I did ignore Griffin's 101 average since it's very doubtful he would play every week). So using last years average my team would score 1,476.5 points each round. Not bad I think, especially since most of my team is young and should improve on their average :)

bomberboy0618

Anyone need a ruckman? Willing to trade Brogan.

PowerBug

Hawka

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Hawka on January 20, 2012, 08:32:22 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on January 20, 2012, 04:16:39 PM
Anyone need a ruckman? Willing to trade Brogan.
LOL u  serious
Behind every premiership winning team is a man who always chins up- because otherwise he hasd neck problems.

Master Q

Maca24

Join the Fiesta!!!  8)
Mexico Suns FTW!

CrowsFan

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 20, 2012, 11:46:26 AM
Just looked at the averages of my players from last year and worked out the strongest 15 from that (I did ignore Griffin's 101 average since it's very doubtful he would play every week). So using last years average my team would score 1,476.5 points each round. Not bad I think, especially since most of my team is young and should improve on their average :)
Since maca seems to be the favourite for the first year I thought I would see what his best XV would score going by last years average and boy was I surprised. His team would score 1,473.7 per round! 3 points less than mine and I don't see any improvement in his old fogies whereas mine should have lots of improvement still :D

Maca24

Nice stats CF!  ;)
Hoping my depth will be the difference although you could have me covered.

CrowsFan

Yeah I did notice you have a fair bit of depth so it wouldn't matter if a couple of guys went down injured. I could be in trouble if one of my big players is dropped or injured...

Maca24

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 22, 2012, 03:41:25 PM
Yeah I did notice you have a fair bit of depth so it wouldn't matter if a couple of guys went down injured. I could be in trouble if one of my big players is dropped or injured...
Yeah. Out of curiousity did you have Brad Ebert in my best 15? haha.
He averaged 63, but I'd have Ibbotson (79), Waite (80) and Nicoski (75) before him.

CrowsFan

Nah your best XV from last season was

Backs
Goddard, Gilbert, Ibbotson, Hardingham

Mids
Hodge, Bartel, Foley, Ward

Ruck
Sandilands (captain)

Forwards
Goodes, Lewis, LeCras, Waite

Utilities
Howlett, Peake

meow meow

Things are not looking good if we're going on last years averages. Last year my team averaged 1265.2

I have no clear candidate for captain, as my highest averaging player last year was a pitiful 100.9

However, I think my team has massive room for improvement. There isn't a player on my list that I don't expect a 10 point rise from in 2012. I haven't taken games as substitutes into account, so there is a 20 point rise for a few players right there. Marty Clarke was also not included.

I won't be a contender this year, and will struggle to make finals. But if I took Fletcher out, I'd be confident that I had the youngest team. Having 11 MPP's gives me reasonable depth and ability to cover injuries. I'm declaring finals as our goal for the year, and if we don't get there the club will be disappointed, but still bullish about the future.

Boomz

I don't dare check my best teams average :-X

ossie85

My best 15 from last years averages (excluding Dawson Simpson) would yield me 1440.9 with Griffen captain. Hoping for a finals run, and you never know what happens. If McEvoy goes down I'm in trouble. Scully's wasn't in that, and I'd imagine he'd improve