World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: Purple 77 on December 19, 2011, 10:15:53 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on December 19, 2011, 10:00:33 AM

Or something like this... If you have a player that has played more than 10 AFL games, but you haven't played him more than half the time, he can be poached?

Will teams be compensated? Like an end of round pick?

BTW: C for me

mebbie. Up for debate....

ossie85

Writing a new survey. What do you guys want to ask, currently asking about home advantage in finals, caps, trade periods.....

hawk_88

The simple way is to have a salary cap with a minimum and maximum list size. Base it on the prices of players for the start of the SC season and have a trading period after the prices are released to balance teams. De-list players after this to be within the salary cap and those players can enter our pre-season/rookie draft. The trick to this is finding the right salary cap size, the SC salary cap is designed for a squad of 30, but also having free access to every player. Off the top of my head something like: the average player price x the maximum list size should be close to balancing the game.

A game cap is difficult, as it occurs after the list is finalised and is difficult to plan for.

Poaching players is an interesting idea. Something that comes to mind is not poaching, but having players who play under 'x' games (or don't play at all) over a season (or two) re-enter the draft. Now with that, obviously you wouldn't have every player re-enter the draft, you could have an amount of nominated protected players who you can choose to keep or you can have a father-son style rule that allows draft bid matching.

Obviously balancing the above would be difficult. How many games are players required to play, over one or two seasons, how many can you keep, how do multiple bid-matchings work...

Have mechanisms in place that require significant considerations at season end will reduce the need for as much trading.

ossie85

Quote from: hawk_88 on December 19, 2011, 11:07:30 AM
A game cap is difficult, as it occurs after the list is finalised and is difficult to plan for.

No, when your planning your 2013 list, you know how many games your players played in 2012. Works exactly the same as salaries.

Poaching players is an interesting idea. Something that comes to mind is not poaching, but having players who play under 'x' games (or don't play at all) over a season (or two) re-enter the draft. Now with that, obviously you wouldn't have every player re-enter the draft, you could have an amount of nominated protected players who you can choose to keep or you can have a father-son style rule that allows draft bid matching.

Not a fan of this post-hoc. A lot of people pick developing players, and protecting players is touchy...

meow meow

The only thing there should be a cap on is the number of AFL listed players you're allowed to have.

If we bring in new rules now it will suck. I might not have picked half the players I chose in the draft if they're able to be poached for whatever reason.

Quote from: ossie85 on December 19, 2011, 10:31:03 AM

Writing a new survey. What do you guys want to ask, currently asking about home advantage in finals, caps, trade periods.....

We need to sort out what the sub rule will be like, if we are having one at all.

Quote from: ossie85 on December 19, 2011, 10:00:33 AM

Or something like this... If you have a player that has played more than 10 AFL games, but you haven't played him more than half the time, he can be poached?

Hate this idea. It goes against the very principle of this trading game. Let's say I have J. Brown as F1 all year, and Matera can't break into the team. Brown retires, so Matera can take his place next year, but I lose them both? Don't like it.

ossie85

Hate this idea. It goes against the very principle of this trading game. Let's say I have J. Brown as F1 all year, and Matera can't break into the team. Brown retires, so Matera can take his place next year, but I lose them both? Don't like it.

Good point. Hmmm, worth pondering.

hawk_88

Quote from: ossie85 on December 19, 2011, 11:13:38 AM
No, when your planning your 2013 list, you know how many games your players played in 2012. Works exactly the same as salaries.

I get that. More that as a measure it is much more difficult to predict as you obviously need to plan more than one year ahead.

ossie85

New York Eagles light the Fire with pyronerd

Foundation coach Sid has been inactive for the last two weeks, and according to the rules set out from the initial guidelines, this now means he can be replaced.

Current Assistant coach Pyronerd is now OFFICIALLY the coach of the New York Eagles.

Pyronerd has stated clearly that this is only until Sid returns. But until that occurs, pyronerd has full membership. Meaning he has 1/18th of the say, and full voting rights for any issue we have.

ossie85

Maca24

Quote from: Purple 77 on December 20, 2011, 01:05:58 PM
fair enough, goodbye sid, you recruited well  :)
Sid is still the coach ::)
Just Pyro has taken over until he is back... lol

CrowsFan

I was dealt some big blows today with the release of the positions!
• Hartlett was named as a defender, neither was Raines. Plus Armstrong was named only as a defender so I have no def/mids...
• Cheynee Stiller was named as a defender though, not a mid.
• Mitch Duncan and Matt de Boer also lost their status as forwards and are only mids.

Basically these changes have ruined my teams structure, leaving me with a mass of midfield options, but not many options in the defense or forward positions  :'(

Boomz

I'm scared to check mine :(

ossie85

Gibbs only a Mid
Gram only a defender
Lachie Keeffe only a forward
Jack Steven only a Mid
Bolton only a Mid
Kreuzer only a Ruck

Bugger

BUT LUKE POWER A MID/FWD!! Whoo. Bargain at pick 413.
Chris Knights a MID/FWD also

My Chumps

I don't have SC gold, can someone please tell me if Colin Sylvia is a forward?
Would be much appreciated...

CrowsFan

Jarryd Roughead is a Fwd/Ruck so that is good :)

Yeah MC, Sylvia is a forward/mid