World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Is everyone sure that we don't want to have an opportunity to trade a couple of players before the start of the season? These MPP and positional changes could really mess up a team.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: meow meow on December 12, 2011, 07:44:04 PM
Is everyone sure that we don't want to have an opportinity to trade a couple of players before the start of the season? These MPP and positional changes could really mess up a team.

It's a fair point you raise.

Where are you getting the info about positional changes meow?

meow meow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcrcNWC7d5s&feature=player_embedded#!

You can only get a look at a couple of players but it's still enough to whip everyone into a frenzy.

FisherSaints

What second does it say Gibbs mid

meow meow

It doesn't say he is a mid. It says he has lost MPP.

FisherSaints

ossie85

Which makes me a sad panda.

Reckon a maximum of 2 list changes before the season starts could be on the cards

FisherSaints

FisherSaints

What do you mean by list changes

ossie85

Was thinking something like this:

You can trade 2 players, and that is it. So your options would be:

a) Don't trade at all

b) Trade player A for player B

c) Trade player A for player B, and Trade player C for player D

d) Trade player A and B for players C and D

.... And that's it.

Trades would also have to approved by someone(s)...

Not saying this is what is going to happen, depends on what people think. But I'm really not willing to open trading up much more than that..

Maca24

I'm fine with that Ossie.  :)

c4v3m4n

Boomz

I'm fine with it but with how big our lists are going to be 2 players max seems a bit tight :-X 

meow meow

It there a minimum of players we have to have on our list? And maximum we are allowed? There should be some rules set in place now so someone doesn't end up with 50 AFL listed players and someone ends up with 20 and 20 rookies.

AFL lists are allowed 38 + 2 veterans + up to 9 rookies. (not every team has 2 vets though)

Lets say at the end of the season someone doesn't lose any players. They'll still get draft picks, and might trade for some, so their list could swell to 50 players. I propose that there should be a maximum of 42 senior listed players AFTER they take their picks in the National Draft. The number can be 44 now, as GC/GWS have extra players. In 2 years they have to cut it back to 38/2.

A mimimum of say 36 AFL listed players should be a rule.

When people retire or get delisted some people are going to need to top up their lists, and they might not recieve as many draft picks as players they lose. This is why it should be 36 instead of the ideal 38. Let's say that you have 38, lose 8 due to retirement and receive 6 picks. You can't be penalised for players retiring so you can play with 36 for one year. Odds are that you won't lose 8 again next year, so you'll be able to build numbers back up through picks.

The minimum will ensure that people don't trade their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks for someone's 1st round pick. They won't be able to do this if they need AFL listed players.

It doesn't have to be an even min/max, because good list management should be rewarded, and you should be entitled to 42 if you can manage it that well. You shouldn't have to cut players to make it 38 for everyone.