World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

Quote from: Boomz on December 09, 2011, 09:31:46 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on December 09, 2011, 09:24:16 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on December 09, 2011, 08:38:03 PM
soz hawk, completely misread that. I agree that a 2/3 vote should also be in place, not 1/2.

1/2 is too easy too collude *eye twitches*

yeah, I think you guys who are anti-trade (and therefore anti-freedom,communist and repressive tyrants by association), think that trades are going to be firing all across the board. I really don't see this happening. Like, nobody is going to trade pendles for brogan, unless they're in serious desperation (all their rucks have gone down and all their mids are averaging 110+). Same as nobody is going to be trading like franklin for someone like chad cornes. Nobody is dumb enough to  get absolutely trade raped.

One of the biggest advantages to trading is that it means our useless players can be used. Like, you might have 6 forwards averaging over 80, but you can only play 4, and only see one as necessary for back up. At the same time though, your 4th mid is only averaging 50, while someone else has a 7th mid averaging 80, but their 4th forward is only averaging 50.

bam, swap that shower and you both end up with a better team for it.

trades will only revolve around mid pricers for the most part- I see it as unlikely people will get 'trade raped' to use the term from the league (great show- look it up :P )
I disagree with this.

Yeah so do I but that's why there would need to be a block system...
*Cough FS Cough.

Ziplock

hawk_88

Quote from: Purple 77 on December 09, 2011, 09:10:05 PM
I'm really against a trade period at the end of the drafts and a mid season trade period, in a way, we had plenty of opportunities to get the types of players that we want throughout the drafts, so we should be set for at least a year.

Completely agree with maca, trades make everything messy and there will be heaps of them. So i think there should be a week every year starting in 2012 at the end of the season where we make a maximum of 2 maybe 3 trades, it keeps everything fair.

You give people too much credit in believing that there will be a heap of trades. Do you know how hard it is to have a rational and logical discussion when it comes to trade? There is a reason we have currency as legal tender in society. People have have different valuations on the same object so there isn't a set price. On top of that, most people will only trade if they feel they "win", so a trade needs to be negotiated where both sides believe they come out in front.

It is also worth noting that not everybody got to pick their entire team and in some cases inherited a basket case.

Maca24

Quote from: hawk_88 on December 09, 2011, 09:51:00 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on December 09, 2011, 09:10:05 PM
I'm really against a trade period at the end of the drafts and a mid season trade period, in a way, we had plenty of opportunities to get the types of players that we want throughout the drafts, so we should be set for at least a year.

Completely agree with maca, trades make everything messy and there will be heaps of them. So i think there should be a week every year starting in 2012 at the end of the season where we make a maximum of 2 maybe 3 trades, it keeps everything fair.

You give people too much credit in believing that there will be a heap of trades. Do you know how hard it is to have a rational and logical discussion when it comes to trade? There is a reason we have currency as legal tender in society. People have have different valuations on the same object so there isn't a set price. On top of that, most people will only trade if they feel they "win", so a trade needs to be negotiated where both sides believe they come out in front.

It is also worth noting that not everybody got to pick their entire team and in some cases inherited a basket case.
Mate no offense but we have played trade games here all the time...
Some people are just so easy to rip off :P

Besides thats not his only argument, I really just do want teams changed. Like I picked the players I picked for a reason.

Ziplock

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Maca24 on December 09, 2011, 09:37:23 PM
Quote from: Boomz on December 09, 2011, 09:31:46 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on December 09, 2011, 09:24:16 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on December 09, 2011, 08:38:03 PM
soz hawk, completely misread that. I agree that a 2/3 vote should also be in place, not 1/2.

1/2 is too easy too collude *eye twitches*

yeah, I think you guys who are anti-trade (and therefore anti-freedom,communist and repressive tyrants by association), think that trades are going to be firing all across the board. I really don't see this happening. Like, nobody is going to trade pendles for brogan, unless they're in serious desperation (all their rucks have gone down and all their mids are averaging 110+). Same as nobody is going to be trading like franklin for someone like chad cornes. Nobody is dumb enough to  get absolutely trade raped.

One of the biggest advantages to trading is that it means our useless players can be used. Like, you might have 6 forwards averaging over 80, but you can only play 4, and only see one as necessary for back up. At the same time though, your 4th mid is only averaging 50, while someone else has a 7th mid averaging 80, but their 4th forward is only averaging 50.

bam, swap that shower and you both end up with a better team for it.

trades will only revolve around mid pricers for the most part- I see it as unlikely people will get 'trade raped' to use the term from the league (great show- look it up :P )
I disagree with this.

Yeah so do I but that's why there would need to be a block system...
*Cough FS Cough.
:-X
Thats not very nice maca, tsk tsk :P

Maca24

Ziplock

not really. Don't trade if you think you have a team strong enough without it. Trade if you think your team isn't strong enough.

simple :P

meow meow

Settle down folks. I only proposed one trade involving 1-2 players. Now we have people talking about trading after every match? That's ridiculous.

Maca24

Quote from: meow meow on December 09, 2011, 10:36:36 PM
Settle down folks. I only proposed one trade involving 1-2 players. Now we have people talking about trading after every match? That's ridiculous.
I know meow! Like what has happened lol.

PowerBug

Ziplock

only because nobody wants your players pb :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Ziplock on December 10, 2011, 12:16:39 AM
only because nobody wants your players pb :P
Yes, that and we already agreed on no trades for W15s at the start.

Ziplock

PowerBug

Quote from: Ziplock on December 10, 2011, 12:29:33 AM
what about the euro? :P
Wronbg thread for Euro discussion bud :P