World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on December 09, 2011, 01:48:55 PM

Indeed.

We need to find Prospector ;)

By the time we have completed all of the drafts, I'm sure he'll be kicking around.

meow meow

Quote from: Maca24 on December 09, 2011, 01:49:35 PM
Trades would have to be even.

Eg. Swan for Pendlebury, Coniglio for Wingard, Leunberger for McEvoy.

I think that age and potential have to be taken into account. A 28 year old averaging 95 for a 20 year old averaging 60, but with potential is still a fair trade. People are probably worried that someone will try to get too many of the old guns for instant success, and that is why we have to limit the number of players to 1 or 2. I'm fine with limiting it to only one player.

Maca24

Yeh IMO it has to be one player for one player between 2 clubs.
1 trade allowed that is adjudicated.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: meow meow on December 09, 2011, 01:57:47 PM

I think that age and potential have to be taken into account. A 28 year old averaging 95 for a 20 year old averaging 60, but with potential is still a fair trade. People are probably worried that someone will try to get too many of the old guns for instant success, and that is why we have to limit the number of players to 1 or 2. I'm fine with limiting it to only one player.

Agree with the age and potential part meow. However, I think we should limit it to two players. Reason being: If somebody (like myself) wants a better midfielder yet all I've really got to offer is Kerr and Black then I'd probably have to offer up a second player to balance it out. Of course the other party would have to throw in something in just to balance the numbers out.

meow meow

Quote from: c4v3m4n on December 09, 2011, 02:08:12 PM
Quote from: meow meow on December 09, 2011, 01:57:47 PM

Agree with the age and potential part meow. However, I think we should limit it to two players. Reason being: If somebody (like myself) wants a better midfielder yet all I've really got to offer is Kerr and Black then I'd probably have to offer up a second player to balance it out. Of course the other party would have to throw in something in just to balance the numbers out.

Yeah that is what I was thinking too when I said a maximum of 2 players. Some deals will need 2 players to get the deal done. An A and C grader for 2 B graders.

Maca24

I just dont want to see trades like Corey and Moloney for Pendles.
Those trades piss me off  :-X

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Maca24 on December 09, 2011, 02:23:16 PM

Hence why we would have an adjudicator.

nas

Quote from: c4v3m4n on December 09, 2011, 02:25:56 PM

Been watching all this & if you do this what about if someone else weighs in also? Meaning say Puss Puss offers a deal to say c4 & Maca things hang on i want in on this then he throws up trade bait does that then come into play? Just throwing it out there. Eg, everyone thought Freo had a good chance at Clarke, then Melb countered & the better deal won on the day.

Maca24

Naste do you know many of the rookies in the upcoming rookie draft?
I am looking for an assistant coach who knows his stuff ;)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: naste on December 09, 2011, 03:28:15 PM

Been watching all this & if you do this what about if someone else weighs in also? Meaning say Puss Puss offers a deal to say c4 & Maca things hang on i want in on this then he throws up trade bait does that then come into play? Just throwing it out there. Eg, everyone thought Freo had a good chance at Clarke, then Melb countered & the better deal won on the day.

Interesting point. I guess it would depend on who is being offered up on both sides and the fairness of each.

nas

Quote from: c4v3m4n on December 09, 2011, 03:50:34 PM
Quote from: naste on December 09, 2011, 03:28:15 PM

Interesting point. I guess it would depend on who is being offered up on both sides and the fairness of each.

Hence then the deals would be in the open & if 1 team offers a Pendles then everyone could have a fair go at him & as Puss Puss said earlier two players one being a A grader & then a C player or to that effect then opens up for others to weigh in & someone might offer an A & B players to get the deal done. Then the adjudicator makes his decision firmly on the deal HE feals is the best & as said b4 re Freo & Melb.

hawk_88

I'm very for a trading period, however not sure we need to approval process. Let the free market decide.

If people feel as though the market is being "played" allow a vote to be called and a 2 thirds majority has to undo a trade.

I would also be interesting in a midseason trade period during the bye weeks or even constant on going trades.

Maca24

This is my opinion:

Lets not let trading get to out of hand. I'd rather no trading period until midseason, where we can have a short period.

Ziplock

Quote from: hawk_88 on December 09, 2011, 04:03:19 PM
I'm very for a trading period, however not sure we need to approval process. Let the free market decide.

If people feel as though the market is being "played" allow a vote to be called and a 2 thirds majority has to undo a trade.

I would also be interesting in a midseason trade period during the bye weeks or even constant on going trades.

I would like a constant going on of trades personally, but there would need to be a stipulation rule like 'no trade backs'

you know, just in case people feel so overwhelmed by my team they start collaborating :P 

hawk_88

Quote from: Ziplock on December 09, 2011, 05:40:44 PM
but there would need to be a stipulation rule like 'no trade backs'

If both parties are happy in a player going from one team to the other, then returning, why not?