World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Quote from: ossie85 on December 09, 2011, 10:05:24 AM

With you on extending trade week, and agree with the finals home ground

... BUT the finals home advantage was put up for a vote, and voted down. So we will have a home ground advantage, but not in finals.

Results were:

12 in favour of a home ground advantage, 3 against

Of those 12, 7 wanted no home ground advantage in finals.
Overrule them all Ossie :P

Maca24

Home ground advantage in finals must be implemented if we are having it for normal season.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Maca24 on December 09, 2011, 12:14:21 PM
Home ground advantage in finals must be implemented if we are having it for normal season.

But we already voted on it...  :-\

...and I don't think we should be overturning any previous vote. Otherwise what's the point?

Maca24

Well we could have another vote?

We did with your PS/Rookie thing :P

I didnt vote last time so if I voted it would have just about been 50/50.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Maca24 on December 09, 2011, 12:27:18 PM
Well we could have another vote?

We did with your PS/Rookie thing :P

I didnt vote last time so if I voted it would have just about been 50/50.

But there was never an original vote about splitting the PSD/RD, it was due to a different interpretation of the rules. There was an original vote about home ground advantage.

Ultimately, it would be like me asking for a re-vote on splitting the PSD/RD.  :-\

Maca24

Well how is it fair to have a rule that decides games for the whole year, then change it for finals?
Bloody stupid. If you finish top 4 you deserve some rewards..

ossie85

Quote from: Maca24 on December 09, 2011, 12:51:51 PM
Well how is it fair to have a rule that decides games for the whole year, then change it for finals?
Bloody stupid. If you finish top 4 you deserve some rewards..

The only logic I'd see in revotting this rule, would be that the 3 'no' votes didn't get a say on how the home rule should be run. But I would probably not do this... Cos I do agree with c4 and decision was made.

I will run a survey again with other issues though :) Anything else?

Sub rule just won also, so that's another one that could be reviewed. Though the preseason trial is a good idea.

Maca24

Well no advantage in finals only just won if you count my vote..

meow meow

Have a vote to see if once when all the drafts are done, that we can make ONE trade before the season starts. Involving a maximum of 2 players leaving/joining your club. 3 way trades are permitted but you have to keep the same number of players on your list. People might regret picking someone or have had to change their drafting strategy half way through the draft, or have a hole that needs to be filled. Or just really really really want someone that they weren't able to grab in the draft.

Maca24

Quote from: meow meow on December 09, 2011, 01:37:27 PM
Have a vote to see if once when all the drafts are done, that we can make ONE trade before the season starts. Involving a maximum of 2 players leaving/joining your club. 3 way trades are permitted but you have to keep the same number of players on your list. People might regret picking someone or have had to change their drafting strategy half way through the draft, or have a hole that needs to be filled. Or just really really really want someone that they weren't able to grab in the draft.
Maybe.. we would definitely need an adjudicator though to make sure trades are fair.

ossie85

Have been toying with that also meow, and very similar ideas. Strictly player for player, and has to be approved (or rejected) by majority... Not sold either way

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Maca24 on December 09, 2011, 01:39:07 PM
Quote from: meow meow on December 09, 2011, 01:37:27 PM
Maybe.. we would definitely need an adjudicator though to make sure trades are fair.

I'd be happy for something like this to occur.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: ossie85 on December 09, 2011, 01:41:19 PM

Have been toying with that also meow, and very similar ideas. Strictly player for player, and has to be approved (or rejected) by majority... Not sold either way
I think we need a sole adjucator, as I dont think we can fairly determine what trades are fair, we will only have our own interests at heart and thus a large majority of trades will be vetoed.

ossie85

Indeed.

We need to find Prospector ;)

Maca24

Trades would have to be even.

Eg. Swan for Pendlebury, Coniglio for Wingard, Leunberger for McEvoy.