World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Maca24 on December 09, 2011, 01:00:35 AM
Based on averages I am looking at 1500 including captain :P

Wish I had a big gun though like Pendles, would gain a lot with captain points.

Or Ablett, if he pulls out another 250, there's 500 points from one player!  :-\

I ran a quick calculation of my own and it's bleak, I won't lie. 1371 with captain, based on last years averages.  :-[

At least it means I might not finish last! Though I do have a few unknowns like Brown, Clifton, Mohr, Hampton, Watson and Tutt that will bolster the score somewhat, since they're all awesome young guns.  ;D The 2016 W15 Premiership is mine! >:D

Maca24

Captains could have a huge impact...  :-X

Bad for me when my team is based on consistency. Goddard or Sandilands will be my skipper  :-[

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Maca24 on December 09, 2011, 01:37:56 AM

Bad for me when my team is based on consistency. Goddard or Sandilands will be my skipper  :-[

All I have is Judd. Highest averaging player by miles. Drew Petrie and Simon Black are the next highest.  :-\ Makes captain choice easy for me I guess.  ;)

Also Maca, you've got Bartel, Hodge and Goodes?! Plenty of great captain choices, along with Goddard and Sandi....

Reckon you've got to be early favourite to take out the inaugural premiership.  ::)

Boomz

I have no clear captain :-X Will be a week by week decision...

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on December 08, 2011, 06:47:44 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on December 08, 2011, 06:26:09 PM
the only issue is that it, like the brownlow, favours the winning team. For instance, in this scenario, Seoul beats Berlin, a large part because Berlin's defenders all flopped, with the exception of broughts who held up the backline. In that scenario, broughton really kept his team in the game- if he had competed at the same level as the rest of the defenders, they would have gotten trounced by even more than they did.

You get what I mean?

This is true :) Must admit I kind of wanted it to favour the winning team, but happy for other techniques?

i think it would be better if it were back on back rather than forward on back. As typically i find forwards score better than backs so if you have a gun back they may get very few votes.

Also what about rucks, my best player is a ruck

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on December 09, 2011, 12:44:33 AM
I'm going to get flogged next year. When I was adding up all the 2011 averages to see what I would roughly score with the starting 15 I intend to play in round 1, I noticed that Heath Shaw is the player with the best average @100.9. Wooden spoon for meow. 1287 (inc captain) won't win too many games. Lake and Christensen should improve by 30 points each, and there will be improvement from NicNat, Dusty, Libba, Bastinac and Bennell though. If not, I'm screwed. What is everyone else looking at based on 2011 scores? Just guess if you're playing 1st year players.

1429 for me but i have guys like grima, barlow, Nroo ext who should lift.

Maca24

Quote from: c4v3m4n on December 09, 2011, 01:44:58 AM

All I have is Judd. Highest averaging player by miles. Drew Petrie and Simon Black are the next highest.  :-\ Makes captain choice easy for me I guess.  ;)

Also Maca, you've got Bartel, Hodge and Goodes?! Plenty of great captain choices, along with Goddard and Sandi....

Reckon you've got to be early favourite to take out the inaugural premiership.  ::)
Thanks C4 ;)
I did build my team in the hope for early success.
Teams with guys like GAJ, Pendles and Swan I envy :P

ossie85

Gibbs and McEvoy my only real options! Gonna be a tough season lol.

Should we nominated a leadership group for each team? And the captain can only be picked from those?

PowerBug

Quote from: ossie85 on December 09, 2011, 09:10:18 AM
Should we nominated a leadership group for each team? And the captain can only be picked from those?
I already have if you look at my team page. (It's like on page 2 or 3 now)
I made a list of 5 and planning on only picking from those 5. Will be tough come byes but we'll work around it.

And on the skipper thingo, i have Swan :-\

Maca24

I don't think we should. Unpredictable captain choices make it interesting and can be a good strategy when you play a much better team. I'm happy either way really though. How many in a leadership group though?

ossie85

You're most likely right Maca! No idea on how many.... 5 max I'd think.

Maca24

Yea 5 a good number. GOD, Sandi, Hodge, Bartel and Goodes for me  8)

My Chumps

Quote from: Maca24 on December 09, 2011, 09:18:57 AM

I don't think we should. Unpredictable captain choices make it interesting and can be a good strategy when you play a much better team.
Yeah, I completely agree with Maca.

Also, I think we should definitely have a home ground advantage in finals. It should make us really want to finish higher on the ladder rather than there being no difference between 5th and 8th...
Can I also suggest that we have an extended trade period at the end of the year, not just a week?
Like a month or something. I don't think a week would be long enough as someone could be away or out of internet access making it harder for everyone to strike deals.
Just food for thought  ;)

ossie85

With you on extending trade week, and agree with the finals home ground

... BUT the finals home advantage was put up for a vote, and voted down. So we will have a home ground advantage, but not in finals.

Results were:

12 in favour of a home ground advantage, 3 against

Of those 12, 7 wanted no home ground advantage in finals.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Maca24 on December 09, 2011, 09:03:17 AM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on December 09, 2011, 01:44:58 AM

Thanks C4 ;)
I did build my team in the hope for early success.
Teams with guys like GAJ, Pendles and Swan I envy :P
Ive got Swallow, Deledio, Clark, Jurrah and Dangerfield. I win :P