World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: Sid on June 25, 2013, 04:13:53 PM
What benefit does this have over just taking offers in the conventional way?

You would get the best deal possible for the players you want to get rid of pretty much. Also, it lets you know who is willing to give up who, for example, I wouldn't have thought O'Meara would be on the market, stuff like that

Also I reckon it will be a lot of fun  :P just trying something new

By all means I imagine it wouldn't be compulsory, not at all, do it only if you want to. You could spectate, be only a buyer or be only a seller. Up to you  :)

AFEV

Fair enough. I guess it has some upside. I still think you're more likely to find a good offer by looking around for a week or six though.

AFEV

Sam Fisher out for the season, Grant Birchall out for 4-6, Courtenay Dempsey out indefinitely.

Flower me. :(

Master Q

Doesn't seem ideal Purple. Trades are meant to be heavily discussed and thought about many times, not a rush. Also, trades are negotiated and are not just one offer.

And then you consider actual value vs points and it would take a night to do one player...

Not a fan.

Ringo

Quote from: Master Q on June 25, 2013, 08:59:39 PM
Doesn't seem ideal Purple. Trades are meant to be heavily discussed and thought about many times, not a rush. Also, trades are negotiated and are not just one offer.

And then you consider actual value vs points and it would take a night to do one player...

Not a fan.
The point Purple was making that Teams if they wished to participate could put up to three players for auction. Players listed for auction will  be done say 2 weeks in advance giving time to research work out which ones you want to make an offer on for your team balance.
Personally think this will add a bit of fun and activity to trade period as "seller" will be getting the best possible trade for player and "buyer" will know what he is prepared to offer and will know what players are available. Speaking from last years trade period one of the hardest things from my perspective was knowing what players coached were willing give up.  This way we will get to know some players that will be available.
As an example that has been quoted who would have thought of asking Holz about O'Meara as most would have thought he would be off limits.

Master Q

Well if you want to trade somebody you should do so anyway!  ;)

Holz

Quote from: Ringo on June 25, 2013, 09:28:08 PM
Quote from: Master Q on June 25, 2013, 08:59:39 PM

Not a fan.
The point Purple was making that Teams if they wished to participate could put up to three players for auction. Players listed for auction will  be done say 2 weeks in advance giving time to research work out which ones you want to make an offer on for your team balance.
Personally think this will add a bit of fun and activity to trade period as "seller" will be getting the best possible trade for player and "buyer" will know what he is prepared to offer and will know what players are available. Speaking from last years trade period one of the hardest things from my perspective was knowing what players coached were willing give up.  This way we will get to know some players that will be available.
As an example that has been quoted who would have thought of asking Holz about O'Meara as most would have thought he would be off limits.

It should also help make trades more fair as if someone puts up a bad offer you can beat it. I hate seeing a trade posted for a player I wanted when I know I could have beat the deal. I'm thinking fir the euro some system where if your going to trade a star player you need to post that your putting them up for trade first.

Nails

But how can the Armadillos destroy the trade period again if everything is made easier for other teams to beat us? :(

Nails

Remember this trade Maca?

Granted would've traded our old flowers away but man some stars in there like Ibbo and Brad Ebert!

Purple 77

Yeah, what Ringo and Holz said  :)

Holz

Quote from: Nails on June 25, 2013, 11:45:19 PM

Remember this trade Maca?

Granted would've traded our old flowers away but man some stars in there like Ibbo and Brad Ebert!

thankyou everyone for rejecting.

this meant i picked up boak which helps soften the blow of losing barlow.

Maca24

I was actually one of the people who rejected it  ;D

Nails

Because I'm a trade ninja? :o

Maca24

Quote from: Nails on June 26, 2013, 11:38:36 AM
Because I'm a trade ninja? :o
Cross and Gilbert for Hurn?
You ain't no trade ninja!

ossie85

FisherSaints and speccy have both resigned as head coach of New Delhi!

Applications are open http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,83549.0.html