World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Purple 77

lol Q

Wow, Colin Garland goes and scores like 140 SC points, would have been the second highest score for a brewer this year! Too bad it won't go in the records...

Justin Bieber

Ray, Jones, Lobbe, Wingard, Westhoff all hit the ton this round. Would have loved for it to be for a PNL match :'(.

Jukes

Hombsch continues his super form with a 101 today to follow 121 and 93 :D looks to have cemented himself at fourth back behind Heater, Charlie and Bob. Gus Monfries also great for Port with 96.

Darling very underwhelming for eagles last night with 40, just glad it wasn't for Moscow. Has a 141, 125 and 120 this season, but on the other hand 56, 50, 48 and 40. Hopefully as he matures can be more consistent.

Nic Nat with a solid 114 for west coast :)

AFEV

Quote from: Holzman on June 22, 2013, 05:31:02 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on June 22, 2013, 05:20:36 PM
Quote from: Holzman on June 22, 2013, 02:52:20 PM
Not a fan of free agency. What happens if you have a guy who is a long term project and you think he will be a gun in a few years but will take time to develop.

Like Aaron black I knew he was going to be a gun but really this is his 3rd year a d he has finall broke out.
Unfortunately for me it just happened that the only other North supporter was coaching the team that had Blacky...would have been a lot easier to get from other teams.

yeah you would of got him for penuts.

Im not sure if this is good news or bad news but Robbie Gray explodes for a 124, Im very happy for this to finally happen but to happen on a bye round is annoying.

Im really fealing confident of my forward line next year. Gray starting to warm up I think he can go 90+ next year if he stays uninjured. Hurley looks good but keeps getting injured. Clark will come back at some stage and Jesse Hogan can hopefully be half as godo as omeara.

Im already scoping out trades.

RB Aaron Black is up for sale along with THe Rookie of the Year (perhaps everer) Jaeger Bomb and a Young Star ruck in Zach Clarke as with Goldy i dont need and I dont want to see a 100 average playero n the bench.

RB im really suprised you dont make a huge play for Goldy.
I'll take the lot thanks. :)

Half our midfield and a whole heap of forwards will be on the chopping block for us. Just the one defender, but you'll all want him. ;)

Holz

Zach Clarke does it again a solid 111 to bring his average to just under 100 from 5 games. With one of the best rucks in the comp in godly as number 1. Clarke may look to take the number 1 ruck spot at another club.

Jay

Quote from: Holzman on June 23, 2013, 06:26:42 PM
Zach Clarke does it again a solid 111 to bring his average to just under 100 from 5 games. With one of the best rucks in the comp in godly as number 1. Clarke may look to take the number 1 ruck spot at another club.
We won't need him. Leuenberger, Longer, Witts, Nicholls are more than good enough. Seems as if Witts and Nicholls may be looked to move on during the next trade window. Both quality young rucks but not enough room in the side for all 4.

My Chumps

Quote from: Jayman on June 23, 2013, 06:32:48 PM
We won't need him. Leuenberger, Longer, Witts, Nicholls are more than good enough. Seems as if Witts and Nicholls may be looked to move on during the next trade window. Both quality young rucks but not enough room in the side for all 4.
I'd be interested in Nicholls while Smith is out...

Master Q

Quote from: Jayman on June 23, 2013, 06:32:48 PM
Never saw this  :P What a coincidence... Only Jay will understand  :P

Purple 77

In recent days, my mind has been wondering to end-of-season trading, and I got an awesome idea...

Player Auctioning!

Seeing as there was a common occurrence last year of players being traded away with opposition interests in that player being left out in the cold, only to wake up in the morning to see there target being traded, I think this could be a great idea, as not only would the person trading out a player get the best result, but everyone would have a chance to bid on that player.

How I could see it working:

We elect a night, with say, 2 or 3 weeks notice so it gives us time to work out if we will be here or if we need to organise a representative, and create an Auctioning thread.

In the 2 or 3 weeks leading up to the event, we nominate players in our teams, say, 3 maximum per team, to be auctioned off.

The host, perhaps ossie seeing as he would have no biasness, would record the players nominated for each team and put them in the opening post, so we can all see who is available and plan our strategies.

Ossie would start the auction one player at a time , and the bids would commence. The team who currently owns that player would determine who is leading the auction, and if bidding stops, ossie would say going once, going twice, sold etc.

The proposed trade would then be recorded, and then the current owner of the player will say if they will go through with the trade.

If no, then we forget about it and move on, no re-runs.

If yes, we record the trade and for the time being, we forget about it. We do this for every player until everyone has been sold or had the opportunity to be sold.

Then, when all trades have been recorded, Ossie will do what he usually does and send out a PM to everyone to confirm the trade.

Of course, this would not be the only opportunity to trade, so I think maybe this night could be scheduled at the start or middle of the trading period, so it still gives people to trade after the event.

I think this could be a very fun and entertaining night if we all got involved and where on the forum that night. If say you couldn't make it, you could get someone to represent you and tell them what to bid for what player etc just like a real auction.

Thoughts?

Holz

Love the Idea, Purp;

getting everyone on will be tough but definately a good idea.

Zach Clarke
Aaron Black

and

Jaeger Omeara.

start the bidding now.

people are saying JOM is basically my MVP but I want him out as I need other things besides mids.

Ringo

Like the idea Purple - Getting everyone to agree on an night may be difficult but maybe as a suggestion the first Saturday night after the GF will before the draft. Maybe this can be even the prelude to our own trading period with Day 1 being the auction.

As you say each Team to list 3 players for auction and subsequent trade,

nrich102

AFEV

What benefit does this have over just taking offers in the conventional way?

roo boys!

Assuming it's optional if you want to offer players up for auction, eg not everyone has to nominate 3 players or get involved at all if they don't want to, surely.

Like the idea though Purps, could see it working.