World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Yeah I like that Nails.. Something like:

Restricted Free Agents: A player playing less than X amount of senior games over a season/two seasons. An interested club may offer a draft pick in exchange for the RFA, and the owning club then has 48 hours to decide whether to match the offer with their draft pick immediately before the one offered. If matched, the bidding club receives the draft pick they were outbidded with, if not matched, the owning club will recieve the draft pick the other team used to bid as compensation..

Unrestricted free agents might be a bit harder to do... Maybe the same concept as RFA but no opportunity to outbid? Or each club must list like three UFA's at each end of season trade period, and they either have to be traded OR they will be put up for grabs from rival teams...?

Just thinking out loud :P

Purple 77

If we are looking at FA, I think we should look at players with X amount of RESERVES games, i.e. the amount of games they could have played for the seniors but didn't.

For example, Nathan Brown for me as played like 15 games in the reserves, but not one senior match. Maybe someone like him should qualify.

If we look at players that played less than X amount of senior games, what about the injured people? Like Jack Grimes or someone?

nrich102

And what if a players injured? So say Suckling (He's out for the season, yer?) Will he be a FA or not?

My Chumps

Quote from: nrich102 on June 14, 2013, 07:18:01 AM
And what if a players injured? So say Suckling (He's out for the season, yer?) Will he be a FA or not?
Nah, injuries wouldn't count.

Jukes

Would have to take into account AFL games and WXV games. Maybe a ratio of WXV to AFL?

ossie85

Reckon Purple's idea is the best - its not how many games they played, but how many they played in reserves....

Master Q

Lots of fantastic suggestions here...

but Toga and I will get to the top regardless  :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 12, 2013, 07:15:02 PM
Big fan of the cap reduction, as it forms yet another similarity of the AFL and will help, however minimal, to even the comp.

I would personally prefer the structure now (4, 4, 1, 4, 2), as with defenders and forwards, it is down to strategy (and a bit of luck) to make sure you have enough of each.

For example, in the international draft, I purposely got recycled players so I could insure I had 4 defenders/forwards each week. Players such as Andrejs Everitt, Jake King, Setanta O'hAilpin, Sam Lonergan, even Nathan Brown.
Interesting point here, probably agree with it being rewarded. But if Ossie is right about Champion data listing less Defenders/Forwards, we may have to rethink the structure down the track.

Agree with if FA comes into place, only Reserve games should count. Although how the process will go about, that may be tricky. Bidding sounds good, but the original team should have a chance at keeping the player. How it's done will probably have to be bidding, but if it's done with draft picks, would the draft pick bidded by the original team go to a rival team bidding on their player? So the original team would have to give up a draft pick to keep their own player from a rival which sounds a little off to me, but not sure how else it would work at the moment.

Master Q

Also I think that too many players could be eligible to FA, and huge turnovers of lists would happen each Off-Season, so there'd need to be some restrictions on how many players you'd be able to grab.

Holz

Not a fan of free agency. What happens if you have a guy who is a long term project and you think he will be a gun in a few years but will take time to develop.

Like Aaron black I knew he was going to be a gun but really this is his 3rd year a d he has finall broke out.

Purple 77

Maybe players eligible would have to play a certain amount of Reserves games and score a certain amount of points?

Nails

Liking the look of Tom Logan this year. He's our 6th or 7th defender option but back in the side and averaging 77 this year. We need him at the moment with Gilbert and Brennan at the moment but we don't need to worry when he's putting out like he is.

roo boys!

Quote from: Holzman on June 22, 2013, 02:52:20 PM
Not a fan of free agency. What happens if you have a guy who is a long term project and you think he will be a gun in a few years but will take time to develop.

Like Aaron black I knew he was going to be a gun but really this is his 3rd year a d he has finall broke out.
Unfortunately for me it just happened that the only other North supporter was coaching the team that had Blacky...would have been a lot easier to get from other teams.

Holz

Quote from: roo boys! on June 22, 2013, 05:20:36 PM
Quote from: Holzman on June 22, 2013, 02:52:20 PM

Unfortunately for me it just happened that the only other North supporter was coaching the team that had Blacky...would have been a lot easier to get from other teams.

yeah you would of got him for penuts.

Im not sure if this is good news or bad news but Robbie Gray explodes for a 124, Im very happy for this to finally happen but to happen on a bye round is annoying.

Im really fealing confident of my forward line next year. Gray starting to warm up I think he can go 90+ next year if he stays uninjured. Hurley looks good but keeps getting injured. Clark will come back at some stage and Jesse Hogan can hopefully be half as godo as omeara.

Im already scoping out trades.

RB Aaron Black is up for sale along with THe Rookie of the Year (perhaps everer) Jaeger Bomb and a Young Star ruck in Zach Clarke as with Goldy i dont need and I dont want to see a 100 average playero n the bench.

RB im really suprised you dont make a huge play for Goldy.

roo boys!

Well Hickey hasn't developed nearly as I had hoped so maybe we'll see what happens there with him and if Jolly plays on.

Ryder should keep DPP surely.

So not ruling out Goldy.