World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

So the spoon winners are not in contention :(

Maca24

Quote from: whatlez on October 12, 2012, 03:33:46 PM
So the spoon winners are not in contention :(
Why would they be? No depth what so ever.

meow meow

A lot can change in one year.

When we drafted our teams, Moscow had the lowest average of any team when based on the previous years averages. Moscow finished 5th and has the record for the highest score in any match.

Maca24

Quote from: meow meow on October 12, 2012, 03:42:56 PM

When we drafted our teams, Moscow had the lowest average of any team when based on the previous years averages. Moscow finished 5th and has the record for the highest score in any match.
Mexico scored 182 in Round 2.

Sorry!  ;)

Ringo

Do not how we can see one team is better tan the other when we still have 6 weeks of trading left which may or may not strengthen the other teams. I know if the Royals secure a top notch ruck and a forward I would be confident of really climbing the ladder.

Maca24

Quote from: Ringo on October 12, 2012, 04:01:39 PM
Do not how we can see one team is better tan the other when we still have 6 weeks of trading left which may or may not strengthen the other teams. I know if the Royals secure a top notch ruck and a forward I would be confident of really climbing the ladder.
Exactly Ringo. This is why there is no reason to fear for an uneven competition and why the trading hasn't even been that bad of a system. Sure it will need a slight change next preseason but overall no real damage has been done :)

meow meow

Quote from: Maca24 on October 12, 2012, 03:54:16 PM
Quote from: meow meow on October 12, 2012, 03:42:56 PM

When we drafted our teams, Moscow had the lowest average of any team when based on the previous years averages. Moscow finished 5th and has the record for the 2nd highest score in any match.
Mexico scored 182 in Round 2.

Sorry!  ;)

I don't see what the problem is.

Maca24

Looking for a 70-80 averaging defender. Don't care what age. Throw us a PM if you can help out. :)

roo boys!

Quote from: Maca24 on October 13, 2012, 08:22:45 PM
Looking for a 70-80 averaging defender. Don't care what age. Throw us a PM if you can help out. :)
But apparently you're too good for Goose/Pedo/Morris :P

Maca24

Quote from: roo boys! on October 13, 2012, 08:49:04 PM
I told you I like Morris :P
And I'm not giving Pick 7 for Pedo!

roo boys!

Quote from: Maca24 on October 13, 2012, 08:52:18 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on October 13, 2012, 08:49:04 PM
I told you I like Morris :P
And I'm not giving Pick 7 for Pedo!
lol I know, doesn't explain Goose though?

Justin Bieber

Well I will just after reading Ossie's comments. Well I was right partly right. He wanted teams to have loyalty and not trade your whole team out.

I just want to say that my comment was not an idea, it was what Ossie wanted. There is no reason to reserve all trades. The comp will go on.

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on October 15, 2012, 02:06:32 PM
Well I will just after reading Ossie's comments. Well I was right partly right. He wanted teams to have loyalty and not trade your whole team out.

I just want to say that my comment was not an idea, it was what Ossie wanted. There is no reason to reserve all trades. The comp will go on.

I agree I also intended to keep teams relatively similar in the euro each year. I have been abit relaxed with it this year as i see this trade period as fixing up mistakes in the drafting we did last year as we learnt how to the comp really works. I traded out alot of my world team this year but from now on i can see myself being alot more loyal to my players. Guys like Redden, Goldy, Rance, Clark, Watts, Gray, Hurley, Boak  I want to retain these guys long term along with Chaplin, Thomas, Mundy, Clarke, Omeara who im hoping will be one club players.

I can see with a likely trade cap next year and it being the second year of the comp teams should hopefully have player loyalty, I know Dublin will be.

Colliwobblers

Each to his own, a lot of the boys love to trade. I/We have limited AXVs to 8 list movements per season maximum.

I would have preferred less like 4 total, but people do love to trade.

The thing is I wanted to simulate running an AFL team, list management being a big part of it, in AXVs you need to delist players to make room for national draft recruits in future seasons as the list is capped, you also need to delist a senior player at the end of  a season to promote a rookie off your rookie list (if you wish to). And to take further rooks in the rookie/preseason draft you need to delist rookies you already have.

it is pretty much designed to simulate the AFL teams, and the AFL teams, well they don't make many trades each season.

Still if everyone enjoys the competition however it was / is set up then that's all that matters, me I think I like the realistic setup we tried to get rather than the start from scratch and trade yourself a new team each season that worlds is.

Plus if your good at trading you can win the next season in trade week the year before, and if your bad at it you can not only lose your next season in trade week but give someone else a massive advantage over the rest of the competition...

hence the massive frustrations for Os.

Still each to his own.

Ringo

Just pointing out Colli that circumstances are different from team to team - Coach to coach with Strategy etc,

Limiting movements to 4 would have cruelled me this season as I was rebuilding a team that I inherited,  Had only one player averaging over 100 and only 6 forwards on the list so was obligated to trade hard.  So far have made 10 trades. In saying that I am trying to get a core group that will see me through the next few years so may not be as active next year.