World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Hey fellow coaches :)

A few weeks back there was a short discussion (mostly between myself, ossie and c4) about the delisting rules. It died away, but I recently started talking to ossie again and now want to involve all of you in the discussion so we can all agree what to do!

Ok so basically under the current rules it is set that you must delist a minimum of 10 players from your squad (if you have 46 players) so that the maximum number of players you have on your list before the drafts is 36. You then get 5 picks in the nat draft and 5 picks in the rookie draft. Obviously if you have traded in more draft picks then you would have to delist more players. However if you have traded away your draft picks and have only 2 allocated you still have to delist down to 36 and then you will be given more draft picks in rounds 6, 7, 8 etc of the nat draft. In my opinion this seems silly because you have traded away your picks because you don't want them, so why should you be forced to delist more players and get even worse picks?

What I'm suggesting is to lower the minimum number of players you must delist. Keep it that you need to delist 5 for the rookie draft, but then make it that on top of that you only have to delist the same number of players as you have nat draft picks. So for example if a team traded away 2 draft picks they would have 3 remaining and so should only need to delist 8 players to match the number of draft picks they have. It also works the other way so a team that has gained more draft picks and now has 7 in the nat draft would need to delist 12 players to make use of the picks.

There should still be a minimum number to delist, so something like you MUST pick 2 players up in the nat draft so you have to delist at least 7 players, rather than the current 10 it is set at. Delisting 10 of your 46 is over a 5th of your squad being dropped, which seems like a massive number.

Overall in my suggestiong the same number of players are being delisted compared to if every team was dropping 10, but now some a delisting more than others. I feel that this is the simplest and best way for the delisting to work.

What are everyones thoughts on this?

roo boys!

I like the idea that you put forward CF about you only have to delist as many picks you have in the Nat Draft + 5 (for the rookie draft). If you want to load up on draft picks then that's your choice, because then you have to get rid of players but with your extra picks you are every chance to pick them up again or get even better players, and if you don't want to delist many of your players then just trade away your draft picks. Another strategy comes into play, and the more strategies we can get the better, more thought has to go into list management.

ossie85

I can get behind that idea, as long as you still get the number of picks required to get up to 41.

So if you 34 players, you get 7 picks.

If you have 39 players, you 2 picks.

CrowsFan

Yeah that's basically it ossie. At the moment I have 2 picks so delist down to 39 so will go back to 41 after the draft. If I want a third pick I would delist another and then get my third pick in the 6th round...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: roo boys! on September 16, 2012, 07:12:55 PM
I like the idea that you put forward CF about you only have to delist as many picks you have in the Nat Draft + 5 (for the rookie draft). If you want to load up on draft picks then that's your choice, because then you have to get rid of players but with your extra picks you are every chance to pick them up again or get even better players, and if you don't want to delist many of your players then just trade away your draft picks. Another strategy comes into play, and the more strategies we can get the better, more thought has to go into list management.
Yep, I agree with you two. If people trade for Draft picks, shouldn't make them still delist the same amount as before (as they may have traded for high picks). Or if they got rid off them, why still make them delist 10 as they likely traded for other players they need!

AFEV

I'd definitely get behind your model CF.

The amount of players you delist certainly needs to be adaptive to the amount of picks you have in my opinion. :)

Purple 77

I like this idea too, was thinking something similar as well

Ringo

Agree with Crow fans and like the simplicity of it.  So easy for list management. So basically we need to have a list at 41 at the end of the draft.

Another question though and I think this is still being sorted out are delisted players available for the National Draft? Think I read somewhere about specifying numbers for each draft.

ossie85

^ I think it would work best if each club nominated 2 players that they delist will skip the National draft....

Holz

What happens in my situation where i have no nat picks left but still have my 5 rookie picks. Can i just delist 5 or do I still have to delist 7 even though i dont have any nat picks.

CrowsFan

Well if we change the minimum to 7 then you would still have to do that and you will be allocated picks in rounds 6 and 7 of the nat draft.
You have plenty of time to get some draft picks anyway... How/why did you trade them all away?

Holz

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 16, 2012, 11:22:37 PM
Well if we change the minimum to 7 then you would still have to do that and you will be allocated picks in rounds 6 and 7 of the nat draft.
You have plenty of time to get some draft picks anyway... How/why did you trade them all away?

I trade out picks for boak, mitch clark and hurley basically. I had enough youth and i want to limit the delisting as much as possible as i like the guys i have on my bench. So didnt need the picks.

ossie85

Seems pretty arbitrary now, so why not just leave it as 5

CrowsFan

As in leave it as you must delist 5? Anything after that is determined by how many picks you have/want in the bar draft?

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 17, 2012, 11:22:23 AM
As in leave it as you must delist 5? Anything after that is determined by how many picks you have/want in the bar draft?

Yup :)