World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 19, 2012, 08:41:09 PM
Easiest way to do a brownlow would be give the top 3 scorers from each match a 3, 2, or 1 votes. And by match I don't mean crows vs port I mean pumas vs armadillos ;)
So Swan:3, Boyd:2, Boak:1 for example? :P

Ziplock

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 19, 2012, 08:41:09 PM
Easiest way to do a brownlow would be give the top 3 scorers from each match a 3, 2, or 1 votes. And by match I don't mean crows vs port I mean pumas vs armadillos ;)

duh, way more sense than by team *facepalm*

meow meow

Maybe award 3 votes to the player who beat the others in their respective positions by the most.

Deledio scores 130 vs his opponents best backmans score of 100
Ablett scores 150 vs his opponents best midfielders score of 130

Ablett scores more, but Deledio effected the result more due to having a higher difference. 3 votes to Deledio.

It might just become a ruckmans award though.

PowerBug

better but too complicated to judge. What if Richmond lost and ABlett kicked the winner for the Suns?

meow meow

Quote from: PowerBug on March 19, 2012, 09:15:32 PM
better but too complicated to judge. What if Richmond lost and ABlett kicked the winner for the Suns?

Jordan McMahon kicked a goal to win the game, and I am sure that he wasn't the best player on the ground, and didn't get 3 votes in that game either. Buckley won a Norm Smith medal in a losing team.

I meant Ablett's score vs his WXV opponents best score.

c4v3m4n

I'm thinking 3-2-1 based on highest scorers or most influential players (to be determined by a combination of high scores, most possessions, and goals).

meow meow

Here's what I mean. The GF will be the example.

Backs: Waters 93 vs Taylor 69. 24 point difference
Mids: Cross: 117 vs Swallow 102. 15 point difference
Forwards: Zaha 102 vs Sidebottom 95. 7 point difference
Rucks + Int: Kruezer 95 vs Jacobs 67. 28 point difference

3 votes to Kruezer, 2 to Waters, 1 to Cross.

PowerBug

Still prefer what CF said meow. Sorry. :(

meow meow

Quote from: PowerBug on March 19, 2012, 09:33:04 PM

Haha no need to apologise for having an opinion. If you're happy for it to be a boring midfielders award then that's cool.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: meow meow on March 19, 2012, 09:36:21 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on March 19, 2012, 09:33:04 PM

Haha no need to apologise for having an opinion. If you're happy for it to be a boring midfielders award then that's cool.

I do agree with that though...

Purple 77

I really liked ossies' brownlow idea, where it favours the highest players score in the most important position, if anyone remembers it.

Maybe ossie should go through it again?

ossie85

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 19, 2012, 09:42:49 PM
I really liked ossies' brownlow idea, where it favours the highest players score in the most important position, if anyone remembers it.

Maybe ossie should go through it again?

*thinks*

Yeah, it was somewhere....

Basically, it was to do with positions... the best scorer in each position got a vote... will fish it out later, but right now I have a DT Pro draft to do!

My Chumps

Quote from: meow meow on March 19, 2012, 09:30:05 PM

Problem with that is, if two players have absolute blinders on opposing sides, say Ablett scores 180 vs Swans 175, niether would get any votes despite contributing the most points for their respective teams.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: My Chumps on March 19, 2012, 09:55:41 PM
Quote from: meow meow on March 19, 2012, 09:30:05 PM

Problem with that is, if two players have absolute blinders on opposing sides, say Ablett scores 180 vs Swans 175, niether would get any votes despite contributing the most points for their respective teams.

That's a very valid point MC...

meow meow

Is that a problem? Neither of them influenced the end result much. Sure, they played well, but they had little bearing on who actually won the match. They didn't beat their opponent, so how can they be the best player on the ground? My theory is more of a best and fairest type award.