World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

I think it was a good idea too MC! lol

Jack Grimes is a superstar....

... when is isn't injured  ::)

Justin Bieber

Luke Ball is a star :D. Just took ages for him to get on the pitch for us :P. Injuries seem to be the big story this season down in France... A few should be reutnring over the next month hopefully, so can get a few more wins with them coming back 8).

Think alot had a few trades go their way and others that didn't :P. Some more than others...

Purple 77

Brandon Matera injury is disappointing... but meh.

Hoping Conca can comeback in the Tiges next game! Had a ripper first month.

So, the only injuries on my list is:

Jack and Dylan Grimes  ::)
Brandon Matera
Darren Minchington (who cares)

Healthy list really!

Thought I'd mention this coz I have seen a few teams (looking at PNL) with a lot of injuries recently, and was wondering about the official health of people's lists?

Justin Bieber

PNL Injury List:
Phil Davis
Jackson Trengove
Andrew McInnes
Daniel Rich
Jonathon Griffin
Matthew Lobbe
Cyril Rioli
Matthew Pavlich
Tyson Goldsack
Ayce Cordy
Jonathan Patton

Basically a quarter of the list with most of them being over a month! Certainly stretching depth especially up forward and no playing ruck :(. Would be interesting to see how everybody else has faired with alot of injuries this season :-X. At least we are finally out of the bottom 4 :D :D :D.

Messed up my fantasy teams as well :P.

CrowsFan

My current injury list according to Doc Larkins...

Jared Polec (Ankle) - 3 Weeks
Hayden Schloithe [Rookie] (Calf) - Test
Beau Waters (Quad) - Test
Brendan Whitecross (Knee) - 1 Week :)

Not the biggest injury for me. Getting Whitecross back will really help my underperforming forward line and Waters is always a welcome addition when fit.

Jukes

Moscow have had a massive injury crisis early (Ward, Monfries, Martin and Darling being the only players in our best XV to have played every game) but atm only really missing Tucky (who should be at least another month), Walters (2-3 more) and Dixon (should return this week?) from our best XV. Menegola and Frawley also injured but (hopefully) won't have to play them again this season.

Nails

We have quite a number of players currently out injured:

Defenders: Brennan, Chad Cornes and Gilbert - all 3 could make a case for best XV.

Midfielders: Carrazzo, Boyd

Ruck: Warnock (is J. Redden injured? Went out with an injury this round)

Forwards: Chapman

Daniel Cross also missing for being a spastic.

Therefore quite a few injuries for us. Cornes, Brennan, Carrazzo, Boyd, Warnock and Chapman probably all best 15. Cross probably in there too

So currently have 6 players out of our best XV due to injury and Cross due to playing like a retard. When you have 7 players of your best XV missing but still score like the Armadillos it just shows what tremendous depth we have.

Ricochet

Quote from: My Chumps on June 02, 2013, 06:19:47 PM
See how Vardy went yesterday?

Going to be a superstar if he stays fit. Thinking it really was the right idea for me to trade out Grimes.

Cape Town give: Sam Iles and pick 36
Cape Town receive: Jeff Garlett

How about that trade!  :D
haha not sure many would have picked Jeff as a breakout this year

kilbluff1985

Suckling, Rivers, Fasolo, Motlop and Tippett suspension

just really hurts because our defenders and forwards are already pretty woeful  and those guys would be in our best 1 or 2 for those positions so really looking forward to getting them back

we should get a pretty early draft pick at the end of the year and i look forward to seeing what trades i can do to help the team putting guys like Mitchell & Judd on the table

Maca24

My Injury List:
Brent Moloney - Test
Aaron Sandilands - 6 weeks
Jordan Russell - Test

Happy days!

ossie85

Couple of things to discuss! Both fairly important....

1. Possible Change in format

Currently, we are 4D-4M-1R-4F-2I

But, there seems to be a huge shift towards midfield classified players (best illustrated by SC and DT changing from 7-6-2-7 to 6-8-2-6).

So should we change it up?

I think 3D-6M-1R-3F-2I is too much swinging towards midfield...

I think my preference would be for everyone to have either:

3D-5M-1R-4F-2I

Or

4D-5M-1R-3F-2I

^ you could do one or the other each week (so its a choice).

Thoughts?

2. Reduction in Points Cap

The competition became MUCH more uneven this year, with 3 teams a cut above, and 4 teams a cut below.

I don't really mind this - as it rewards coaches for good trading decisions, and eventually the team will decline. Except I'm not a huge fan of teams having lots of reserve players, while others struggle to field a team.

Also, it would be unrealistic long term for players to stick with a team where they are not getting a game. Teams would kill to have players like Mitch Duncan, Bernie Vince or Brian Lake in there teams - and not even that. If this was real life, and Brian Lake wasn't getting a game, he'd change teams.

Last year there was a cap of 33,000 points (the total number of points scored by your players in the WXV 17 Rounds had to be less than that). Which for most teams this simply wasn't an issue. Would like to reduce this to 30,000.

What does that mean? After 10 Rounds, the teams on track to break this cap are:

Berlin
Cairo
Cape Town
London
Mexico City
Sao Paulo
Toronto

Noting many of these would fall under naturally once retirements and delistings are counted.

... but where is Buenos Aires? Well, there reserves side is in such a mess they don't go over the limit. Meaning they are vulnerable to injuries and retirements, and that's how it should be IMO. It also encourages teams to trade players for picks.

I think if we don't have the reduction in points cap, we would have to be really, really strict with trades. I'd much rather trades be done freely....

kilbluff1985

instead of more mids why not more utilities?

ossie85

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 12, 2013, 11:14:59 AM
instead of more mids why not more utilities?

A few people keep calling them utilities - but they aren't, they are benchies :P

I think 2 should be the max there really (is a bit of a cheat as it is)

Ringo

How about this as a compromise so we could not have to think each week as to which structure we would use

3d - 5m- 1R- 3F- 3I (Increase interchange by one and Mids by one decreasing defenders and forwards by one.)

Not sure on the reduction in points though as I may have a vested interest here. May be a disincentive to strengthen team if you are forced to off load players to stay under this cap.  Does it have to reduce to 30,000 can it reduce to say 31,500.

Nige

Alexandria's reserves dominance brought this to the fore didn't it? :'(

I do like the choice of team format each week. I guess what it could help is teams who struggle to field a team or certain positions. E.g. the week Cairo played Newman OOP because we were depleted by injuries (no Hale, Knights and Dickson) and I wasn't confident in Petrenko (my bad... ::)). Probably would have elected to play the three of Breust, Thomas and Puopolo.

Do agree with Ringo on the second bit.