World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: Maca24 on April 10, 2013, 04:56:38 PM
The team isn't finished just yet, a good EOS can easily make the team competitive.
No offense to you both, but Fisher and Torp have proven they can't get the job done..
The Point I am trying to make is coaches were looking after own interests and not the competitions interest in approving trades with the current system we had.  Know I vetoed at least 2 of New Delhi trades but they still went through with the vote of others.

I agree that Team can be salvaged though with sound trading.  Maybe they need an experienced coach as an assistant coach to join their coaching staff.

My Chumps

I'm reserving final judgement on Torp before we've seen him handle a club on his own. He seems to have done an alright job in Euros so it could potentially be the limitations of being a co-coach drawing criticism (criticism that I've done my fair share of dealing).
But as I tried to say subtly before, FS has to go.

Also, where is Pothead? Other than posting his team each week he seems to be rather inactive. I normally wouldn't have a problem with this, but because of how poor his team is doing I feel like he should be giving us reasons why he shouldn't see a similar fate. Admitidly his team has some exceptional youth but still, I'd like to hear his reasoning.

AFEV

The team isn't finished just yet, a good EOS can easily make the team competitive.
No offense to you both, but Fisher and Torp have proven they can't get the job done..
I would argue that I proved I 'couldn't get the job done' last season but nobody had issues with me once I was back. :-/

The consensus seems to be that each of the sides are salvageable with a good EOS...However EOS is months away, so perhaps we let the sides respective coaches keep their jobs for the season and re-evaluate once we get closer to the off-season.

I daresay that most people won't want to come in and coach a club that is likely to lose 90%+ of games for the coming months either.

Nails

New exciting announcement about to poke its face in the Armadillos thread.

AFEV

New York and their allies have started the season 9-0... :)
That's not including the Titans, can't find results for EXV.

Still, go our affiliates. :)

Adamant

Quote from: Sid on April 15, 2013, 07:30:12 PM

8)

CrowsFan

EXV only had one round, and fairly sure the Titans got spanked ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on April 10, 2013, 01:59:38 PM
I'm not sure Wellington, Beijing and New Delhi will win 4 games this year... So reckon the draft order next year will be something like:

First round (picks 1-18)
Prioirity (picks 19, 20, 21)
Secound round (picks 22-39)

Instead of a meger Oss, if you believe the gap between those 3 and the rest are too far apart, could perhaps give them more than the one priority pick. Gives them a little more to use for trades IF they trade wisely and aren't as trigger happy. Some coaches may oppose this, but isn't as drastic as a merger and may help the list with the picks. But when these picks are taken you could see how the ladder pans out and decide after that.

Quote from: Ringo on April 10, 2013, 04:54:56 PM
Agree with Nails on this one we should not use age as a criteria. 

I would say I got dudded on one or 2 trades as well so age has got nothing to do with it. I am probably rather than having all coaches vote for trades that we have a trades committee or Administrator to rule on trades.  If trade rejected or approved coaches can appeal and then have the vote requiring a set number to over turn.

Think some of the trades that got through with voting this period were under-scrutinized at best.
Think all the coaches need to be a little more harsher this trade period. Don't think most were last period, I for one let quite a few one-sided trades go through until later in the trade period :-[.

Quote from: Sid on April 10, 2013, 06:48:26 PM
I would argue that I proved I 'couldn't get the job done' last season but nobody had issues with me once I was back. :-/

The consensus seems to be that each of the sides are salvageable with a good EOS...However EOS is months away, so perhaps we let the sides respective coaches keep their jobs for the season and re-evaluate once we get closer to the off-season.

I daresay that most people won't want to come in and coach a club that is likely to lose 90%+ of games for the coming months either.
Most people wouldn't want to come into the situation, but doesn't mean we don't have some people who wouldn't mind the challenge! I certainly wouldn't mind the challenge of rebuilding a list, but have to let the coaches finish out the playing year at least.

Remember, PNL lost I think the first 10 or 11 games last season but enjoyed a decent run near the end picking up a few wins so can't write anybody out! And haven't had a much better start to this season, so if anything I could get the sack as well if we go by team performances :-X.

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 17, 2013, 06:33:53 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on April 10, 2013, 01:59:38 PM
I'm not sure Wellington, Beijing and New Delhi will win 4 games this year... So reckon the draft order next year will be something like:

First round (picks 1-18)
Prioirity (picks 19, 20, 21)
Secound round (picks 22-39)

Instead of a meger Oss, if you believe the gap between those 3 and the rest are too far apart, could perhaps give them more than the one priority pick. Gives them a little more to use for trades IF they trade wisely and aren't as trigger happy. Some coaches may oppose this, but isn't as drastic as a merger and may help the list with the picks. But when these picks are taken you could see how the ladder pans out and decide after that.

Quote from: Ringo on April 10, 2013, 04:54:56 PM
Agree with Nails on this one we should not use age as a criteria. 

I would say I got dudded on one or 2 trades as well so age has got nothing to do with it. I am probably rather than having all coaches vote for trades that we have a trades committee or Administrator to rule on trades.  If trade rejected or approved coaches can appeal and then have the vote requiring a set number to over turn.

Think some of the trades that got through with voting this period were under-scrutinized at best.
Think all the coaches need to be a little more harsher this trade period. Don't think most were last period, I for one let quite a few one-sided trades go through until later in the trade period :-[.

Quote from: Sid on April 10, 2013, 06:48:26 PM

Most people wouldn't want to come into the situation, but doesn't mean we don't have some people who wouldn't mind the challenge! I certainly wouldn't mind the challenge of rebuilding a list, but have to let the coaches finish out the playing year at least.

Remember, PNL lost I think the first 10 or 11 games last season but enjoyed a decent run near the end picking up a few wins so can't write anybody out! And haven't had a much better start to this season, so if anything I could get the sack as well if we go by team performances :-X.
in your defense you been away i been at the helm for more losses so far this season  :-X
lol

Holz

Quote from: CrowsFan on April 15, 2013, 09:28:23 PM

yeah they got destroyed, will have to check but might have posted the lowest XVs score ever. Bottom of the ladder.

Nails

Quote from: Holzman on April 18, 2013, 01:05:19 AM
Quote from: CrowsFan on April 15, 2013, 09:28:23 PM

yeah they got destroyed, will have to check but might have posted the lowest XVs score ever. Bottom of the ladder.

Yeah my team were lucky they played the titans because my team sucked.

At least I can say Armadillos and Allies are the only teams to defeat New York and Allies ;)

ossie85

Indeed, coaches will need to be more harsh on trades, agree HP.

Not sure I agree on rewarding bad coaching with extra picks (other than what was in the rules to begin with). Merger was just a thought

ossie85

My Chumps

Zac Smith has officially done his ACL...

I'm f*cked.

Justin Bieber

Last year had no rucks playing first half of the season. Traded for Griffin during the off-season and he goes down with season-ending knee injury after a great start for us. Ruck department seems to never hold up long enough for us.

To Lobbe we leave our faith in once again this season! *Sighs.