World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Alright, this is going to sound very harsh, and I apologise in advance.

FisherSaints, I value you as a forum member and as a chat buddy, but you have done a less than acceptable job in managing the New Delhi Tigers. Most Worlds coaches should take some of the blame for not blocking trades, but over the last trade period you have destroyed a once promising list that is now firmly entrenched at the bottom end of the table. I think there should be consequences for coaching inadequecy that has ruined a franchise such as this. Sorry Fish, but someone had to speak up at some point.

And Torp; we are all yet to see distinct improvement from you at New Delhi either. This weekend for example, you named in your starting XV Kyle Cheney, Kyle Horsley and Brent Renouf, all of which were not named and aren't even close to breaking into their AFL teams. One player I can understand you forgot to check or something, but three that aren't even in their clubs best 22? Pick up your game before we're forced to seriously question your future as a head coach.

#endrant

Holz

Quote from: Nails on April 08, 2013, 05:39:59 PM
FFS

Boak was meant to be a dud

Why'd he come good this season?

Granted 2 easy games hopefully he returns spud.

boak is a gun, as soon as PB wasnt the head coach I worked on a plan to get him. I think 105 from him is about right.

Purple 77

Ahhhh bugger. Sao Paulo this week  :-\ Brewers getting no easy game for redemption after Cape Town!

ossie85

So.....

I've decided to increase everybody's score by 10,000 points each week.

It has nothing to do with wanting to get an edge for the Worlds teams in the Champions league.

.... just don't tell Holz

(j/k)

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on April 10, 2013, 12:09:10 PM

So.....

I've decided to increase everybody's score by 10,000 points each week.

It has nothing to do with wanting to get an edge for the Worlds teams in the Champions league.

.... just don't tell Holz

(j/k)

ok ill make sure i dont tell him.

in other news euros scores going up by 20,000

ossie85

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on April 10, 2013, 12:48:49 PM

+infinity to all!

than we get into the complicated world of is 1500 + infinity bigger than 1300 + infinity.

CrowsFan

Sorry haven't posted my thoughts earlier about the possible merger of two of the bottom teams and then creation of a new team, but I've got to say I'm against it. It may be a selfish reason, but I don't want to lose any of my players unless it is through trading. Being an Adelaide supporter I'm sure you can all understand this considering we lost Bock to the Suns and then the following year lost his replacement Davis to the Giants.

Just ridiculous that I can have almost no control over whether I would lose a player from my team or not. As others have pointed out most of us would have more than just 5 players we would not want to lose from the team, and I can certainly say that's the case with me.

This is supposed to be a long term game, so seems a little rushed to try and merge 2 clubs in just the second season of this comp just because they are struggling. If they are struggling and feel they don't think they can make the team stronger they should either hire an assistant coach who can help out, or resign and give someone else a chance to fix the team.

JBs-Hawks

Wouldn't it be better to lower everyones score not increase it?

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on April 10, 2013, 12:52:23 PM
Sorry haven't posted my thoughts earlier about the possible merger of two of the bottom teams and then creation of a new team, but I've got to say I'm against it. It may be a selfish reason, but I don't want to lose any of my players unless it is through trading. Being an Adelaide supporter I'm sure you can all understand this considering we lost Bock to the Suns and then the following year lost his replacement Davis to the Giants.

Just ridiculous that I can have almost no control over whether I would lose a player from my team or not. As others have pointed out most of us would have more than just 5 players we would not want to lose from the team, and I can certainly say that's the case with me.

This is supposed to be a long term game, so seems a little rushed to try and merge 2 clubs in just the second season of this comp just because they are struggling. If they are struggling and feel they don't think they can make the team stronger they should either hire an assistant coach who can help out, or resign and give someone else a chance to fix the team.

Fair points CF, as I originally said, just thinking aloud to test the waters for ideas

For the record, I was probably going to do a compensation thing for lost players or something, but hadn't really thought through it all...

I'm not sure Wellington, Beijing and New Delhi will win 4 games this year... So reckon the draft order next year will be something like:

First round (picks 1-18)
Prioirity (picks 19, 20, 21)
Secound round (picks 22-39)

Maca24

If we sacked Fisher long ago like we should have, we probably wouldn't have this problem.
I don't see how a 12 year old won't get outsmarted by older people, and it just ruins the fun for everyone else.
I know it's harsh, but it's true.
I'm sure an experienced head could turn the team around at EOS.

Boomz

Not a fan of a merger as would be too drastic & hurt the rest of us too much. Think wait until next season to make any big moves on it as we have seen how the bottom teams from last season have improved.

Nails

Once we use age as a limiting factor for frequent fanfooty members on who can be and who can't be a XVs coach, we will have entered a dark dark realm of the XVs.

Ringo

Agree with Nails on this one we should not use age as a criteria. 

I would say I got dudded on one or 2 trades as well so age has got nothing to do with it. I am probably rather than having all coaches vote for trades that we have a trades committee or Administrator to rule on trades.  If trade rejected or approved coaches can appeal and then have the vote requiring a set number to over turn.

Think some of the trades that got through with voting this period were under-scrutinized at best.

Maca24

The team isn't finished just yet, a good EOS can easily make the team competitive.
No offense to you both, but Fisher and Torp have proven they can't get the job done..