WXV: Toronto Wolves

Started by roo boys!, November 15, 2011, 08:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

That hurts a lot more than Robbo...real shame as Hickey was great at the start of the year before going down!

Very frustrating. Ryder should be able to carry us home.

He better

roo boys!

Very exciting news for Toronto with the youngest player on our list, better yet, the youngest player in the competition, Kayne Turner set to debut in the reserves this weekend.

Adds to midfield depth and couldn't have come at a better time of year as we begin our finals campaign away to Alexandria.

It's believed the boys are keen to catch the red-eye straight from Moscow to Egypt to watch Kayne and the ressies play.

Nige

I reckon you boys are a good chance to topple Alexandria. Got a terrible feeling team selections won't be kind to us.

roo boys!

I'd be very lucky to get over your mob, but may be in with a shot depending on some possible senior recalls.

roo boys!

Okay, well with the initial trade period completed it comes that time to review the playing list

Toronto Wolves 2015 Squad
Defenders: J.Kelly, C.Young, N.Grima, R.Shaw
(C.Sheehan, S.Butler, J.MacMillan, A.Litherland, S.Morris, M.Spangher, C.Pedersen, H.Schade, A.Toovey, D.Merrett*

Midfielders: S.Pendlebury, A.Swallow, R.Griffen, B.Cunnington // I.Smith, R.Douglas
(J.Crisp, J.MacMillan*, K.Turner*, K.Mitchell, B.Ah Chee (R), W.Magginess)

Rucks: T.Hickey // P.Ryder
(J.Leslie)

Forwards: P.Ryder, J.Ziebell, L.Henderson, M.Pavlich
(M.Robinson, L.Adams, K.Turner, A.Hall, M.Spangher, C.Pedersen, M.Shaw, D.Merrett)

Picks: 59, 63, 66, 79, 82, 83

Ricochet

Thats pretty handy mate! Ryder getting fwd status will be huge

roo boys!

Quote from: Ricochet on November 11, 2014, 09:46:36 AM
Yeah thanks mate, if him and JZ both manage to get it I'll be a very happy man :)

I'll do a summary of all trades I completed, but I already have a hunch it's not going to be close to 25 haha

Ricochet

Quote from: roo boys! on November 11, 2014, 09:51:39 AM
Yeah thanks mate, if him and JZ both manage to get it I'll be a very happy man :)

I'll do a summary of all trades I completed, but I already have a hunch it's not going to be close to 25 haha
haha yeh there's no way I'm do review of ours individually! I'll handball that to Ele :P

JBs-Hawks

Only if Hickey is fit :P

Ricochet

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 11, 2014, 10:07:40 AM

yeh truue

Shoulda made an offer for Warnock RB!

roo boys!

Quote from: Ricochet on November 11, 2014, 10:12:54 AM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 11, 2014, 10:07:40 AM

yeh truue

Shoulda made an offer for Warnock RB!
Ah well, I'll back Mitch Robbo to do the job of replacing Ryder up forward if he needs to move back into the rucks.

Must admit Hickey being fit is a bit of a concern. Has shown he can score well when fit however

Toga

Looking good rb! Envious of that midfield :o

Who needs Ryder to play as a fwd when you have Kayne Turner super jet! ;)

roo boys!

Boom recruit Pavlich to blame for defensive woes, claims Riewoldt

Often outspoken ex-Wolf Jack Riewoldt has hit out at the man who took his job, holding recruit Matthew Pavlich responsible for the Wolves greatly depleted defensive stocks.

"Aside from Clint Young's permanent 2 week hamstring injury the defenders were all fit and healthy during my time at the club" stated a clearly frustrated Riewoldt

Pavlich's inclusion on the surface looks a successful one, with the key forward kicking 18 goals and being one of the first picked week in week out, even sharing captaincy duties with star Scott Pendlebury one week. However, rumours are circling that Pavlich goes a tad "too hard" in the scratch matches at the end of training and is rumoured to be the man with the blood of injured defenders on his hands.

So far in the first 7 rounds of this season Toronto have lost key defenders Nathan Grima, Matthew Spangher and Daniel Merrett to lengthy injury stints, which has seen Pavlich now matching up on Jack Leslie and Henry Schade at training, perhaps an explanation as to his good form.

However the plethora of running defenders also wounded can't be explained by Riewoldt's theory, and Pavlich was quick to deflect blame to his teammates when questioned.

"No, it wouldn't be me. You'd have to talk to Paddy and Ziebs about that" he bluntly stated

He was, of course referring to perennial Wolves Jack Ziebell and Paddy Ryder spending much more time training with the forward group this season. It's rumoured Ziebell takes his bash and crash attitude onto the training track and is so far responsible for the injuries to Clint Young, James Kelly (although we believe this one may have been behind closed doors), Ciaran Sheehan, Jamie MacMillan and Alan Toovey, with Ryder and Pavlich taking care of the 3 tall defenders missing.

Meanwhile, to make matters worse, Rhyce Shaw has been diagnosed with a severe case of "Worst-in-the-family syndrome", realising just how much better his dad Tony and his brother Heath are. It's believed he's seeking counselling with Nathan Ablett and Trevor Chappell.

ossie85

Purple 77

Haha, hilarious! That's a lot of injured defenders... like, from memory, I can think of Steve Morris as one available defender, who else  has avoided the wrath of pavlich? :P