Karma system

Started by Nails, November 15, 2011, 01:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyronerd

Quote from: meow meow on November 15, 2011, 10:07:11 PM
Quote from: TheMailman on November 15, 2011, 07:13:13 PM
Also why all the hate for FS

He doesn't give out much advice  :P

FS is claiming Saad as one of his unique players he has unearthed.
not to mention his crazy trades in the trade game :P

DicingApple

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 15, 2011, 10:02:47 PM
I'm guessing m0nty has put in a system where only those who have posted X amount of times are allowed to Cheer/Boo others. No point allowing new users to do so as people can just make plenty of accounts and Cheer themselves (Not that anybody would do this ;)).

That's what i thought and rightly so. Great post i'll give you a.......... oh wait............can i give you an IOU?  ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: DicingApple on November 15, 2011, 10:10:14 PM
I'm guessing m0nty has put in a system where only those who have posted X amount of times are allowed to Cheer/Boo others. No point allowing new users to do so as people can just make plenty of accounts and Cheer themselves (Not that anybody would do this ;)).
That's what i thought and rightly so. Great post i'll give you a.......... oh wait............can i give you an IOU?  ;)
Haha, sure thing ;).

FisherSaints

If you gave HP a cheer for every good post he would have +1000

McRooster

Don't the newbies deserve the same right? After all, we can vote for them....with much power cometh great responsibility, as our newest mod will surely attest to  :)

Luigi197

I strongly believe that there should be the Cheers and Boos for individual comments only, and not for the user.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: McRooster on November 15, 2011, 10:32:46 PM
Don't the newbies deserve the same right? After all, we can vote for them....with much power cometh great responsibility, as our newest mod will surely attest to  :)
I think they do but can lead to many people coming on a kinda bribing people to "rate their teams" for a Cheers (e.g Like this season where there was you rate mine and I'll rate yours mentality). It can be manipulated so think m0nty has done the right thing if he's made it so you need say 100 posts to cast the votes as many of the thousands of users don't come on enough to know who's been giving out great advice or not. Also can lead to people making accounts and all to vote for themselves :-\.

However, having votes casted in favour of some new users (such as Apple and Mailman) will encourage them to keep on posting as the Regulars value their advice showing they've earned respect (and will hopefully encourage others to chip in with their two cents).

I agree that all people deserve the right to cast a vote, but can certainly see why they may be held only for those who are seen to be posting a bit rather than just once in a blue moon.

Quote from: Luigi197 on November 15, 2011, 10:39:27 PM
I strongly believe that there should be the Cheers and Boos for individual comments only, and not for the user.
So do I but it may be harder to implement I assume. That's what was brought up before, for a "Like" option for comments so we don't see +1 or +2 comments.

P.S Apologises for the long post, didn't think I wrote that much :o.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 15, 2011, 10:41:53 PM
Quote from: Luigi197 on November 15, 2011, 10:39:27 PM
So do I but it may be harder to implement I assume. That's what was brought up before, for a "Like" option for comments so we don't see +1 or +2 comments.

P.S Apologises for the long post, didn't think I wrote that much :o.
m0nty said he was trying to install it but was finding it more difficult to do, so we are stuck with this one at the moment ;)

TheMailman

As much as I like HP and agree with his comment

HE SPELLED MY NAME WRONG  >:(

CrowsFan

Quote from: TheMailman on November 15, 2011, 10:48:16 PM

I think you should boo him then ;)

Justin Bieber

Cheers Hawk. It's better than nothing and it's something new to play with along with the Mod Powers :P.

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 15, 2011, 10:49:33 PM
Quote from: TheMailman on November 15, 2011, 10:48:16 PM

I think you should boo him then ;)
Apologises, and as I said, I posted more than I expected = mistakes probably everywhere :P. Go for it Mails, be the first ;).

McRooster

didn't think I wrote that much :o.
28,110 total posts  :o - nahhh you don't write that much  ;)

TheMailman

lol I couldn't do it

the only person I booed was CF and that was on accident cause I didn't know what the button did  :P

pyronerd

Quote from: McRooster on November 15, 2011, 10:51:38 PM
maybe he doesn't if they are all 1 word posts :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: TheMailman on November 15, 2011, 10:52:57 PM
lol I couldn't do it

the only person I booed was CF and that was on accident cause I didn't know what the button did  :P
Thanks? :P.

I might mention you are allowed to change your Boo/Cheer for a person! I've tried it and works :). Won't say on how many people I've tried this on though :-X.

Quote from: pyronerd on November 15, 2011, 10:55:13 PM
Quote from: McRooster on November 15, 2011, 10:51:38 PM
maybe he doesn't if they are all 1 word posts :P
I think a tad much as well :P. Now I'm a Mod = Delete a few thousands to bring that number back down :P.

P.S Only one worded posts are in the Word Association thread ;).