Mitchell Carter   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Alex Forster   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Jimmy Webster   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Brett O'Hanlon   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Brendan Lee   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Amos Frank   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Cameron Shenton   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA

CrowsFan

Thanks for the stats ossie. Got my own set of stats so I keep track of my own players, but thanks for publishing them anyway :)

CrowsFan

Spetsnaz Shoot Down Puma Dreams

The Moscow Spetsnaz have managed to do what no team before them had done. Defeatt the Sao Paulo Pumas! After winning the pre season trophy the Pumas had swept away the opposition and were sitting top of the table with 10 wins, no losses and had scored the most points in the process. The next to step up to the plate were the Moscow Spetsnaz. A team that had encountered mixed fortunes so far during the season with 5 wins and 5 losses to their name. The word on the streets of Sao Paulo were the Pumas were confident (perhaps overconfident) of extending their unbeaten run to 11 games, but this was not to be. The Spetsnaz arrived in Brazil and in true mercenary style departed quickly with 4 points in the bag, and leaving the bitter taste of defeat on the Puma players and fans. When the final siren went the scores read Pumas 20.19.139 vs Spetsnaz 21.17.143. Needless to say CrowsFan was not happy with the result and has issued the following statement.

"As coach of the Pumas I take responsibility for the loss we suffered here. Granted I knew we would not remain unbeaten forever, but I at least expected us to put in maximum amount of effort each week, which to be fair we did not do this week. Some of that blame can be focused on me as I did tinker with the lineup sent out to face the Spetsnaz, but that does not excuse the players who performed so terribly. Full credit to the Spetsnaz who came here with a strategy and executed that to the highest order and left with what they wanted, 4 points and another win in the bank.

Some good news has come out of this round however with injured defenders Sam Fisher and Scott McMahon making reappearances for the Oncillas, both should be fit enough for our next match, plus with the return of suspended Waters there may be some wholesale changes to our defensive rearguard. There will be some other changes too with the whole squad put on notice, and that includes the captain who played a shocker of a game last week.

We play our next three matches on the road. First visiting London, then heading east to play New Delhi and Beijing. A friendly warning to these three clubs. The Pumas were embarrassed by their loss to the Spetsnaz and plan on proving to the world again why we are the best team. Good luck stopping us!"

ossie85

London, New Delhi and Beijing are all very dangerous on there day! Particularly Beijing, who I rate as a smokey

Great write up CF, perhaps this was the loss you had to have?

CrowsFan

Yep all three very dangerous when on song. The key men identified to be shut down during the games are Stanton from London, Dal Santo and Rockliff from New Delhi, and Sidebottom and Swallow from Beijing. If we can restrict their influence it will go a long way to getting the results we want.

Obviously we had to lose at some point, so better now than in the finals. Gives us a wake up call, reminding me I need to select the best team each week and not take risks for the sake of it.

CrowsFan

Pumas Claim the Minor Premiership

Although it was almost assured before the final round of the season, the 30 point win over the Pacific Islanders on the weekend clinched the inaugural minor premiership for the Sao Paulo Pumas. In what has almost been a perfect season the Pumas finished top scorers and top of the table with 16 wins and 1 pesky little loss. That loss came against the Moscow Spetsnaz back in round 11, but since then have won their next 6 games when some thought they were going to crumble.

In an recent chat to the head coach CrowsFan he revealed he was extremely proud of the playing group for such an achievement, but warned that the job was not done yet. "We have won the minor premiership and I couldn't be more proud of the guys, they've put in so much hard work all season and they truly deserve it. However there is still more work to do before we can go partying in the streets of Brazil. The finals are upon us and I've spoken to the mayor of Sao Paulo and we have come to an agreement that if the Pumas can win the WXV grand final then they will be given their own float in the 2013 Sao Paulo Carnival Parade. If that's not an incentive to win I don't know what is!"

The first match of the finals campaign for the Pumas is up against bitter rivals Buenos Aires Armadillos. Not only is a week off on the line for the winner, but also the Rhythm Cup, which was won by the Pumas back in round 1. For the people of Brazil they could accept not winning the WXV, but losing to the Armadillos is not on the agenda for them. "The lads are all fired up for this one as they know how much this means to the Brazilian people. For me I've got some selection dilemmas coming up this week and it's going to be tough to pick the 15 that can go play in this match as they all want to get out there. For the season we have had 28 players play for the Pumas and they've all performed when given the chance. At the moment we have 24 players available for the weekend, possibly 26 if O'Hanlon and Lee come through this afternoon, and so many of them are going to miss out, but they all understand if they do miss out it's for the wellness of the team. Plus the Oncillas are also through to the reserve finals so they will have a big job to do anyway, and I wish them all the best," CrowsFan concluded.

In other Pumas news the WXV awards ceremony is being held tonight and there are some Pumas who are hoping to feature in the awards. Pumas captain Gary Ablett is one of the favourites to take home the first ever Jim Stynes Medal as best player in the competition, whilst youngster Mitch Wallis is also right in contention to win the Rising Star. If these medals can be claimed it will be a great start to the weekend and can hopefully propel them to victory over the Armadillos. Good luck Pumas!!

c4v3m4n

Nice write up CF. Good luck to everyone at the Pumas for the upcoming finals series.

ossie85

Never has there been so much pressure on a team to win the flag!

CrowsFan

Quote from: c4v3m4n on August 10, 2012, 01:10:53 PM
Nice write up CF. Good luck to everyone at the Pumas for the upcoming finals series.
Thanks c4, much appreciated :)
Quote from: ossie85 on August 10, 2012, 02:10:15 PM

Amazing where this pressure came from considering at the start of the year the Suns were the outright favourites for the flag!! :o

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 10, 2012, 02:16:10 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on August 10, 2012, 02:10:15 PM

Amazing where this pressure came from considering at the start of the year the Suns were the outright favourites for the flag!! :o

No-one had expected the Swans to be at the top of the ladder at the start of the year...football can be a funny old world. :P

CrowsFan

Pumas Burnt Badly By The Suns

The samba drums have stopped beating and the final siren has sounded. There is total silence in the Pumas locker room with everyone at a loss for words. All around the room the players and coaches alike are slumped against the walls or in their chairs, the look of shock, disappointment and anguish clear to see on everyone's faces.

That was the scene inside the Pumas locker room last night after their shock elimination from the WXV Finals Series due to the loss suffered at the hands of close rivals Mexico City Suns. Before the weekend the Pumas were on top of the world! They had breezed through the pre season cup claiming the first bit of silver wear on offer. They had flown through the home and away season, with just 1 loss and had finished as minor premiers. In the qualifying final they had destroyed their main rivals Buenos Aires without breaking a sweat and earned themselves a week off. Everyone was asking whether the Pumas could be stopped, and the evidence was suggesting the answer was no. But then it all came crashing down in one foul swoop!

Injuries to key players Sloane, Cross, Fisher, Griffin and the suspension of Hartlett meant the Pumas were heading in to the vital clash a skeleton of their best team, but these excuses will not be made for the awful effort that was served up. The Pumas were outclassed, outplayed and more importantly outscored by the Suns and from the first bounce were never in the contest. The defense were down on their usual output, the ever reliable forward line was nowhere to be seen, and even though the ruck combo of Jacobs and Minson did their best without Sloane and Cross roving below them they midfield was overrun.

When the final siren sounded the scoreline read 20.17.137 to 24.19.163. The 26 point loss as a result of the Pumas second lowest score for the year. Things had looked so bright for the Pumas this year, but the wheels fell off right at the end. The whole nation of Brazil was shocked when they heard the result, but they can take satisfaction in the knowledge that the Pumas are a young team and should improve next year. A full preseason of training should see them fit, firing and ready to go next year. Ready to claw their way to the top where they belong!

ossie85

Great write-up CF :) Hope to see the Pumas fit and firing next year, going one better and losing to Seoul

CrowsFan

Quote from: ossie85 on August 27, 2012, 06:36:06 PM

Great write-up CF :) Hope to see the Pumas fit and firing next year, going one better and losing to Seoul
Thanks ossie. Still can't believe you tipped me to be lowest scoring team last round! :o

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 27, 2012, 06:52:38 PM

Thanks ossie. Still can't believe you tipped me to be lowest scoring team last round! :o

Correctly! Was the Ablett flu that sold me. Hopefully I didn't but the jinx on you...

CrowsFan

Quote from: ossie85 on August 27, 2012, 07:49:32 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on August 27, 2012, 06:52:38 PM

Correctly! Was the Ablett flu that sold me. Hopefully I didn't but the jinx on you...

Haha yes correctly. Ablett still pumped out a respectable 124 though. It was my damn forwards that screwed me! Roughy 64, Blair 47, Whitecross 38 and Zaha 28 ::)