Quote from: CrowsFan on October 04, 2013, 04:41:12 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on October 04, 2013, 02:45:37 PM
Got a few accolades does Dunk.  :o
2013 Premiership Player
2012 + 2013 x Gatinho Medalist
2012 Reserves All-Worlds Team
2013 Vice Captain Reserves All-Worlds Team

Yeah not a bad achievement list ;)

Might as well add New Delhi Tigers Vice Captain to that list ;)

Very impressive writeups & thread in general mate! :)

CrowsFan

Thanks LE :) when you only have one team to look after it makes it pretty easy to do it well :)

CrowsFan

Trade Window Draws to a Close

In - Jake Stringer, Ben Jacobs, International Draft Picks 17, 24, 33, Rookie Draft Pick 22
Out - Mitch Duncan, Andrew Raines, Brad Sheppard Seb Tape, International Draft Picks 18, 39, 57, 75, 93
International Draft Picks - 17, 24, 33
Rookie Draft Picks - 18, 22, 36, 54, 72

The 2013 trade period was a slightly more subdued affair compared to the previous year for the Pumas. In 2012 the Pumas made 7 trades, which saw 7 players leave the club and 6 players join. This year however only 5 trades were made, seeing just 2 players join the club, whilst 4 players departed. A raft of draft picks were exchanged either way.

Joining the club are youngsters Jake Stringer and Ben Jacobs, who CrowsFan views as players with plenty of potential, but before they get a go in the team they will have to buckle down and train hard to impress him. The major departure was Mitch Duncan, the dual Gatinho medalist and premiership winner leaving the club to join New Delhi. The other departures were Seb Tape (3 games in 2 years), Andrew Raines (0 games in 2 years) and Brad Sheppard (0 games in 1 year). Tape jetted off to Moscow, Raines followed Duncan to New Delhi, whilst Sheppard cut his losses after one season at the club and joined Pacific. The Pumas wish them all the best in their future endeavours.

So with trade period over, it's time for the drafts to begin. In the International Draft the Pumas hold picks 17, 24 and 33, which CrowsFan believes they will be able to pick up some top quality youngsters to spur the club on further next year. Early rumours spreading from the club are that they are after a forward with the first pick, but these weren't confirmed by CrowsFan when asked. It's clear he is keeping his cards close to his chest on this one. Last year the Pumas recruited Jono O'Rourke and Mason Wood, who both spent the majority of the year working hard in training, but not getting any chances to show their skills on the field. We look forward to seeing who he selects this year!

Jukes

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 18, 2013, 12:48:16 AM
Tape jetted off to Moscow, Raines followed Duncan to New Delhi, whilst Sheppard cut his losses after one season at the club and joined Pacific. The Pumas wish them all the best in their future endeavours.

Pacific via Moscow :P

elephants

Joining the club are youngsters Jake Stringer and Ben Jacobs, who CrowsFan views as players with plenty of potential, but before they get a go in the team they will have to buckle down and train hard to impress him. The major departure was Mitch Duncan, the dual Gatinho medalist and premiership winner leaving the club to join New Delhi.

The NDT-SPP alliance proving worthwhile for both sides here 8) Nice article mate!

CrowsFan

Quote from: Jukes on November 18, 2013, 01:25:52 AM
Tape jetted off to Moscow, Raines followed Duncan to New Delhi, whilst Sheppard cut his losses after one season at the club and joined Pacific. The Pumas wish them all the best in their future endeavours.

Pacific via Moscow :P
I lose interest once they leave my club :P
If he's at Pacific then he has paired up again with Sheppard. They shared a house together in Brazil, so I guess they wanted to live together a little longer!

Quote from: elephants on November 18, 2013, 01:40:46 AM
Joining the club are youngsters Jake Stringer and Ben Jacobs, who CrowsFan views as players with plenty of potential, but before they get a go in the team they will have to buckle down and train hard to impress him. The major departure was Mitch Duncan, the dual Gatinho medalist and premiership winner leaving the club to join New Delhi.

The NDT-SPP alliance proving worthwhile for both sides here 8) Nice article mate!
It's actually the SPP-NDT alliance :P

ossie85

Good write-up CrowsFan! Keeping the Premiership starts mostly together....

CrowsFan

Yeah just Duncan lost. Almost lost Buntine when he walked in to my office and demanded a raise since he was the third highest averaging player at the Pumas for the last 2 years (behind Ablett and Sloane). Of course I couldn't risk losing him so I tripled his salary! :o

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 18, 2013, 09:38:25 AM
Yeah just Duncan lost. Almost lost Buntine when he walked in to my office and demanded a raise since he was the third highest averaging player at the Pumas for the last 2 years (behind Ablett and Sloane). Of course I couldn't risk losing him so I tripled his salary! :o

Statistics show that for every game Buntine plays, you win a premiership.

CrowsFan

Quote from: ossie85 on November 18, 2013, 11:42:39 AM
Quote from: CrowsFan on November 18, 2013, 09:38:25 AM

Statistics show that for every game Buntine plays, you win a premiership.
I love stats ;D

CrowsFan

Pumas Farewell Four as Draft Anticipation Builds

The SP Pumas today announced the delisting of four players as they had to cull their list to make room for the draft picks which will be taken next week. Saying goodbye to the club are young defenders Alex Forster, Ariel Steinberg and Peter Yagmoor, along with forward Haiden Schloithe, none of whom played a senior match for the Pumas during their time at the club. Steinberg and Yagmoor have decided they would like another shot at WXV footy and so have nominated themselves for the upcoming drafts, however Forster and Schloithe have announced they will take the next year off from senior footy and make a decision next year regarding whether they want to give WXV another chance.

In better news for the club CrowsFan has announced that he will be using his 6th round International draft pick to promote Aidan Riley to the senior list after spending last year as a rookie. Despite breaking his leg, which resulted in Riley managing to play just two matches for the Jaguars CF saw enough in training to give him a chance on the senior list. The hard-at-it midfielder knows he has a lot of work to do to break in to the Pumas starting team, but it's a chance he is very grateful for.

So with the delistings announced the Pumas head in to next weeks drafts with 38 senior players (including the promoted Riley) and 1 rookie listed player (Ben Newton). As a result the Pumas will be using picks 17, 24 and 33 in the International draft and picks 18, 22 and 36 in the Rookie draft. CF has some ideas on who he is looking to take, but is holding his cards close to his chest at this point in time, with the only soundbite given was that he is "very excited" for the drafting to begin!

CrowsFan

Puma Fans Salivate at Draft Arrivals

The Sao Paulo army of followers are licking their lips at the tantalizing prospects the Pumas managed to pick up in the 2013 International Draft. With picks 17, 24 and 33 in the draft the Pumas knew they would be able to bring in some talent, and by the looks of it they have managed to do just that. Joining the club are Nathan Freeman, Zak Jones and Marco Paparone.

Pick 17 - Nathan Freeman

Freeman is a tough inside midfielder who possesses a great burst of speed breaking through packs. Described as a "clearance freak" and compared to superstar Paddy Dangerfield in the way he plays, Nathan joins the impressive list of young midfielders at the Pumas and looks determined to forge a strong career for himself as a Puma.

Pick 24 - Zak Jones

The name Jones is already well known in the WXV as his older brother Nathan plays for the PNL Reindeers. Like his brother Zak is a hard-at-it no-nonsense type who gives his all. Unlike his brother however Zak plays a little further back in the team, preferring to rebound the ball out of defense, however he can push up the ground in to the midfield if needed. Zak is clean in possession and will add something different down back.

Pick 33 - Marco Paparone

A shock delisting by the New York Revolution, the Pumas snapped him up with their final pick in the draft with fans and players calling out for reinforcements up forward. With one year already in the system Paparone brings a little more experience than a freshly drafted player. There is a lot to like about this kid, he has strong hands and can run all day, much to the despair of any defender trying to mark him.

As well as these three additions Aidan Riley has been elevated to the senior list, further increasing the depth in midfield. Overall the coaching staff were very pleased with who was available for selection. The players themselves know that it is going to take a lot of work to break in to the reigning champions first XV, but they are excited to train with such a strong group and look forward to the future ahead.

Go Pumas!

nrich102

CrowsFan

My Chumps

Yeah, I was tempted to take Paparone at #21