WXV: Sao Paulo Pumas

Started by CrowsFan, November 14, 2011, 01:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

Delisted Paparone wot even haha, kid is a jet nicely done CF.

kilbluff1985

yeah whoever delisted him should get sacked for tanking

Nige

Quote from: Sid on December 06, 2013, 10:37:27 PM
Our mate Lamby did that.  :P

AFEV

Quote from: NigeyS on December 06, 2013, 10:39:53 PM
Our mate Lamby did that.  :P
He did ask me on chat if I'd help him with the list lodgement, I said okay, then didn't log in for a week.

Stuff like this is why I retired. :P
Also we will miss you Pizza Man. <3

CrowsFan

Think he just got lost in translation when pyro was submitting the list. Unfortunate for New York, but Paparone is not complaining about moving down south :)

CrowsFan

Rookies Ready to Buckle Down

The Rookie Draft is over for the Pumas and the rookie list now full. Selected in the draft for SP was defender Jake Kelly and forwards Josh Hall and Blaine Johnson, these three will join Ben Newton, who was retained for a second, on the Puma rookie list for season 2014. All four players understand it will be difficult to break in to the Puma team starting from so far back, but will be buoyed by the fact Aidan Riley managed to get himself on to the senior list from the rookie list, so the chances are there. Some determination and hard work in training can pay off and the rookies are ready to put in the hard yards to impress the coach.

In other news squad numbers have now been finalised for the upcoming season, barring any trades in the final period that is. Players who have changed numbers for the 2014 season are; Jack Gunston (formally 22) who will wear the number 11 jersey vacated by premiership player Mitch Duncan, Taylor Adams (formally 25) who will wear Brad Sheppard's 16, and Aidan Riley who has moved from 42 to 41 (Andrew Raines) to indicate he is now on the senior list. The new arrivals at the club have also been allocated their jersey, and the numbers are as follows; Nathan Freeman will wear 22 (formally Gunston), Jake Stringer 25 (Adams), Marco Paparone will don the 30 (Seb Tape), Ben Jacobs wanted and received 37 (Alex Forster), and Zak Jones has received number 40 (Ariel Steinberg). The rookies Hall, Johnson and Kelly have received the numbers 42, 43 and 45 respectively.

Good luck to everyone for the new season. Go Pumas!

CrowsFan

Was having a quick look back through my thread as I was editing the front page (team list updated with profile links, plus fixtures added) and came across this...
Quote from: ossie85 on February 26, 2013, 07:56:05 AM
Buntine would have been struggling for your best XV I think, but never good when a player goes down...
You are right he struggled to be best XV, playing just the one game, but... he is a premiership player!  ;D

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 17, 2013, 04:02:31 PM
Was having a quick look back through my thread as I was editing the front page (team list updated with profile links, plus fixtures added) and came across this...
Buntine would have been struggling for your best XV I think, but never good when a player goes down...
You are right he struggled to be best XV, playing just the one game, but... he is a premiership player!  ;D

You and I both know he only played because of injury :P

CrowsFan

Quote from: ossie85 on December 17, 2013, 04:04:22 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on December 17, 2013, 04:02:31 PM

You and I both know he only played because of injury :P
Doesn't matter why he played, he still played and was my best performing defender! 6th best for the whole team! :P

ossie85

I expect him to be named every week if fit from now on!

CrowsFan

Quote from: ossie85 on December 17, 2013, 04:44:56 PM

Think I would prefer to keep his record of every time he plays he wins a premiership. Clearly he is a big game player :P

Holz

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 17, 2013, 04:57:49 PM

Think I would prefer to keep his record of every time he plays he wins a premiership. Clearly he is a big game player :P

If he plays in a premership than does get a gig he may look elsewhere to get a go.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Holzman on December 17, 2013, 04:58:49 PM

If he plays in a premership than does get a gig he may look elsewhere to get a go.
You saying you're interested?

Holz

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 17, 2013, 05:05:05 PM

probably a smaller team, or he could walk as a free agent.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Holzman on December 17, 2013, 05:13:51 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on December 17, 2013, 05:05:05 PM

probably a smaller team, or he could walk as a free agent.
That's if ossie decides to implement some form of free agency... Which I'm strongly against because it punishes teams for having depth.