Inter   Player N   Player O      
Emer1   Player P         
Emer2   Player Q         
Emer3   Player R         
Capt   1 From Players A - O         
V-Capt   1 From Players A - O         

Selection
Select 4 defenders, 4 midfielders, 4 forwards and 1 ruck            
If you do not enough available for any position, you can choose any other type of player to play in that position. However, only half there score (rounded up) will count. (i.e. if you play Lance Franklin as a defender and he scores 103, only 52 points will count towards your total score)            

Select 2 extra players from any position.            

Select a Captain - Double points            

Select a Vice-Captain - Double points if Captain doesn't play            

Select 3 emergencies (see below)            

Emergency Rules   
Emergency will play if a starting 15 member does not, but with conditions.            

Emergencies can only replace players in the SAME position for full points.            

However, if a player on the interchange is the same position as the player that pulled out, he will be moved into that position. The extra interchange spot will be filled by your FIRST preference listed emergency.            
If neither the interchange or emergency can fill the position, the FIRST preference emergency will fill in but only HALF the score (rounded up) will count.

If two or emergencies are the same position (i.e. all midfielders), than the highest ranked preference will play (i.e. if Emer2 and Emer3 are both midfielders, Emer2 will be selected)   

If an emergency is a Dual Position Player, he can be called into either position (i.e. if he is a Fwd/Mid, he can play as either a forward or mid)            

If you have more than 3 players in your starting 15 not playing, the highest value (determined by SC Price) squad member from the rest of your team will play, but only a QUARTER (rounded up) of the score will count. I.e if Alan Toovey is the highest remaining squad member, and he scores 53, only 14 points will count towards your final score.            

Submitting a Team            
Teams must be submitted before SC lock-out, in the same format as above            
If Teams are not submitted, the team listed from the previous round is assumed to be your team.            

ossie85

And the first topic of discussion....

A SUB RULE....

What do you think?

How I would see it as working....

One of your emergencies is nominated as a Sub. You can activate him at anytime provided he HASN'T played yet. He can replace anyone on the field (whether they have played or not) but if they have played, you'll lose that players score.

I.e. if Gary Ablett scores 46 points due to injury, you can replace him with your nominated sub. Ablett's 46 points do not count towards your score. Adds a bit of risk. You have to bet whether your sub will score more than 46 points.

- Subs can go on in any position, but only half the score counts if they play out-of-position

- If your sub is activated as an emergency, you no longer can activate him as a sub.

- If your sub replaces your Captain, your Vice-Captain's score counts as the Captain's score <-- I see this as the most controversial.

Just an idea! Happy if people don't want it, or want to suggest changes....

CrowsFan

Sounds simple enough :)
Now let's make it more complicated >:D

Each week you get play the purple name game with one of your starting 15. Before lockout you guess what score they will get on the weekend. If they get that score it is doubled :D

Obviously I am joking here and don't think that should be a rule...

c4v3m4n

I just had a thought about the scoring system too, just to make it a bit more fun...

After the round has completed, the two competing teams will have their scores tallied up, and might look this:

Wellington Weta 978 vs. Pacific Islanders 1131

But to make it look a little more like footy scores, if you divide the scores by ten and then round them up, it would then look like this:

Wellington Weta 98 vs. Pacific Islanders 114

Add a few goals and behinds...

Wellington Weta (14.14.98) vs. Pacific Islanders (18.6.114)

Thoughts?

PS. In the event that the two scores are extremely close, for example 999 vs 1000, then when you reduce it down, you would separate them by a point (99 to 100). Other example 1076 vs 1078 -> 107 vs 108.

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 14, 2011, 12:07:05 PM

Each week you get play the purple name game with one of your starting 15. Before lockout you guess what score they will get on the weekend. If they get that score it is doubled :D

Sweet lol.

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 14, 2011, 12:20:41 PM
sounds good to me!

Still a bit confused with the rules about emergencies!

Which bits Purple? I have a habit of not making things clear.... Trying to take away the luck of the draw a bit

Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 14, 2011, 12:26:59 PM
I just had a thought about the scoring system too, just to make it a bit more fun...

After the round has completed, the two competing teams will have their scores tallied up, and might look this:

But to make it look a little more like footy scores, if you divide the scores by ten and then round them up, it would then look like this:

Thoughts?

PS. In the event that the two scores are extremely close, for example 999 vs 1000, then when you reduce it down, you would separate them by a point (99 to 100). Other example 1076 vs 1078 -> 107 vs 108.

Oooh.... I like that. Though we could just say the close matches are a draw? That one is worth pondering....

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on November 14, 2011, 01:06:44 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on September 04, 1970, 04:20:19 AM

Thoughts?

Oooh.... I like that. Though we could just say the close matches are a draw? That one is worth pondering....

It's something to definitely consider...but I think if you win a close match, you win. And if it's a draw, then it's a draw! :D

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 14, 2011, 12:07:05 PM

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME :P.

Don't mind the cub rule, actually like it! But it means we'll have to post in the weekend to activate the sub on a player that has/hasn't already played? Right?

ossie85

Yes, it would require team maintenance over the weekend. But think we'll be fine :)

ossie85

I am about to send you all a survey..... Democracy rules after all...

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on November 15, 2011, 10:41:46 AM

Survey completed. Great idea ossie.

A +1 cheer for you!  :D

AFEV

Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 15, 2011, 11:39:57 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on November 15, 2011, 10:41:46 AM

Survey completed. Great idea ossie.

A +1 cheer for you!  :D
I've done it as well, great work Os :)

PowerBug

That purple name game might not be a bad idea. Except it doesn't count towards the weeks score, it goes into a bonus points score or something.

E.g. I guess Swan will score 136. He does, 136 goes to my points tally.

Or we could make it negative points. The amount of points you are off means the amount of points you lose. Guess correctly, you gain 50 points. Again, this is a side game, not included in the actual scoring.

AFEV

Quote from: PowerBug on November 15, 2011, 11:46:17 AM
That purple name game might not be a bad idea. Except it doesn't count towards the weeks score, it goes into a bonus points score or something.

Or we could make it negative points. The amount of points you are off means the amount of points you lose. Guess correctly, you gain 50 points. Again, this is a side game, not included in the actual scoring.
Maybe.
Could we pick a guy who wasn't playing and guess 0? :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Sid on November 15, 2011, 11:49:14 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on November 15, 2011, 11:46:17 AM

Maybe.
Could we pick a guy who wasn't playing and guess 0? :P
If he's in your staring 15 players then sure. :P And you have no emergency covering him.

roo boys!