WXV: The New York Revolution

Started by AFEV, November 14, 2011, 08:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

Found an older version of the template...It will suffice for now. This laptop isn't good enough to make new stuff though...Sitting waiting wishing. :-\

AFEV

Unlikely that I will be able to do reviews or make scoreboards until after round 5. :(

I could write a review but suspect doing that on a phone would be....difficult.

AFEV

After crumbling under the pressure of the captaincy, Tom Liberatore returned to form against the Magpies this week. Got 16 hard ball gets, only player to best that this century is some bloke named Chris Judd. 8)

AFEV

Matthew 'Biscuit' Arnot will be making his debut for the Washington Rebellion this weekend.

QuoteWe've been waiting a long time for this one, and given the wavering form of our midfield he may be in line for a senior call-up in the near future.

AFEV

Tom Ledger finally getting a game, even if it is as the sub...Has a lot of talent, not sure why he doesn't play more often. Hopefully he can solidify his spot in the team.

elephants

Quote from: Sid on August 25, 2013, 01:18:19 PM
Tom Ledger finally getting a game, even if it is as the sub...Has a lot of talent, not sure why he doesn't play more often. Hopefully he can solidify his spot in the team.

I can second this, the bloke is a gun! Shocked he hasn't been giving more of a go especially with Watters coming from WA!?

AFEV

Quote from: elephants on August 25, 2013, 01:21:58 PM
Quote from: Sid on August 25, 2013, 01:18:19 PM

I can second this, the bloke is a gun! Shocked he hasn't been giving more of a go especially with Watters coming from WA!?
Yeah it's really, really weird. I know a lot of St Kilda fans (and neutrals for that matter) that have been wanting him in the seniors for some time now.
He's a genuinely good midfielder, and with their reliance on the old fellas you would think they would be keen to develop young midfield talent. Has pace as well, something their midfield lacks (Dal Santo, Montagna, Hayes, slow slow slow.)

AaronKirk

It is a great honour that today I have been appointed the Coach of the New York Revolution. We have an exciting young list which has potential to be a finals contender in future years. There were some great candidates for this side and to be honest it is a surprise that I was selected ahead of Nrich, Sid and Phasir..

On behalf of the New York Revolution we would like to thank Pyronerd and Sid for their tireless work over the last few seasons and I hope that I can continue to coach the Revolution in your spirit.

Our list is injury hit, but we have a lot of potential and I am looking forward to the challenge which this coaching role presents.

ossie85

Great stuff :)

Feel free to create your own thread

AaronKirk

Quote from: ossie85 on June 13, 2014, 11:33:07 AM

Great stuff :)

Feel free to create your own thread

Thanks oz. Happy to use this thread.

Justin Bieber

Only downside if you guys stick to this thread, unable to update the OP yourselves :-\.

AaronKirk

Best and Fairest update.

I have gone through and retrospectively handed out the B+F votes for the named sides for Rounds 1-10 and have given the votes for Round 11.

Rd 1
5 Treloar
4 Macrae
3 Pyke
2 Liberatore
1 Stevens

Rd 2
5 Liberatore
4 Pyke
3 Stevens
2 Stokes
1 Gibson

Rd 3
5 Treloar
4 Liberatore
3 Macrae
2 Gibson
1 McKenzie

Rd 4
4.5 Stokes
4.5 Macrae
3 Gibson
2 Treloar
1 Black

Rd 5
5 Cloke
4 Macrae
3 Nicholls
2 Stevens
1 McKenzie

Rd 6
5 Kolodjashnij
4 Treloar
3 Stokes
2 Liberatore
1 Gibson

Rd 7
5 Gibson
4 Liberatore
3 Stokes
2 Cloke
1 Macrae

Rd 8
5 Liberatore
4 Black
3 Macrae
2 McDonald
1 McKenzie

Rd 9
5 Cloke
4 Treloar
3 Liberatore
2 Macrae
1 Hoskin-Elliott

R 10
5 Stokes
4 Macrae
3 Treloar
2 Liberatore
1 Bennell

R 11
5 - Stokes
4 - Liberatore
3- Treloar
2- Cloke
1- Macrae

AaronKirk

Our gun perma-captain Tom Liberatore leads what looks to be a midfielders battle for the Best and Fairest award with another massive week with his 142. Looms as a battle between Libba, Macrae and Treloar for the award, without discounting Stokes either

Best and Fairest Leaderboard
31   T.Liberatore
26.5   J.Macrae
26   A.Treloar
22.5   M.Stokes
14   T.Cloke
12   J.Gibson
7   M.Pyke
6   K.Stevens
5   K.Kolodjashnij
5   A.Black
3   T.McKenzie
3   T.Nicholls
2   L.McDonald
1   W.Hoskin-Elliott
1   H.Bennell

ossie85

Jukes

Treloar has 26 points and Hoskin-Elliott 1 = 27
Traded them for Dys Heppell who has 23 (in mine, same system) and pick 10
That's a fairly dead-even trade imo :3 might nudge ahead though as we got a dons player!