WXV: The New York Revolution

Started by AFEV, November 14, 2011, 08:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

In a monster 3-way trade sealed just 3 hours after the window opened, New York has already won the services of 3 superstars this off-season.

The deal, involving the Islanders, the Samurai and the Eagles will see young stars Trent Mackenzie (M), Ayce Cordy (R) and Travis Cloke (F) head to the US for the 2013 WXV season.

In order to land the trio New York sacrificed 4 of their selections in the national draft along with promising prospects in Nick O'Brien and Alex Fasolo.

Quote"It is certainly unfortunate that we've lost Alex & Nick, they're both very talented young men. We couldn't give them the opportunities that they wanted in our team, but hopefully they can enjoy success elsewhere"
- Co-coach Sid.

The trade is currently pending approval from the WXV community, which means that contract talks have currently been put on hold with the trio.

Hawka

I didnt know you guys had your own merchandise for only $8 at rivers stores!!

c4v3m4n

AFEV

Ahaha absolute gold Hawka :) Might have to swing by and pick one up some time...

AFEV

New York struck an enormous deal with Mosco earlier today, which will see team captain Nathan Fyfe along with 20 year-old forward Jack Darling head to Russia for the 2013 season. In return, the Eagles will receive Tom Liberatore, Ryan Bastinac and Allen Christensen.

The deal was not received well by fans, with many doubting whether the hole left by Nathan Fyfe has been filled by any of the new Eagles.

This is stupid. There goes our best player along with any hope we had of making he 8 next year...
- Fyfey7

Despite the outrage, Pyronerd and Sid remained confident they had made the right move when questioned at a press conference earlier today.

QuoteWhile it's certainly disappointing to have lost the services of Nathan and Jack, we are positive about the futures of Tom, Allen and Ryan. We believe that the key to success in the future is to have the best midfield, and adding these fellas to our midfield group has us feeling really good about the future of New York.
- Sid

Tom Liberatore is rumored to have already put the pen to a lucrative four year deal, however New York refused to confirm anything until the trade is approved by the WXV community.

AFEV

A highly credible inside source from the New York Eagles informed us that Stefan Martin, Michael Rischitelli, Bernie Vince and John McCarthy didn't board the plane heading back home to Australia with the rest of the team this morning.
Each of the players are out of contract at the moment, and it is currently rumoured that they have each requested to be traded this off-season.

It was suggested to us that Vince's relationship the head coaches at New York became particularly volatile after his negative comments towards fantasy football during the season.

When asked about the rumours all that co-coach Sid would offer was the following quote:
We will not make any comments about the availabilities of specific players. We have already expressed our willingness to trade, I think our trades thus far have proven that. We're happy to field offers on any players on our list, but won't show our hand just yet.

Purple 77

*gasp* controversy amongst the eagles! Will be interesting to see what happens next  :o

btw awesome articles sid  :)

AFEV

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 08, 2012, 08:56:59 AM
*gasp* controversy amongst the eagles! Will be interesting to see what happens next  :o

btw awesome articles sid  :)
I'm on the edge of my seat :o

ossie85

AFEV

New York officially retires the #56 guernsey :(

Rest in peace, my heart goes out to his family.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Sid on September 10, 2012, 02:43:04 PM
New York officially retires the #56 guernsey :(

Rest in peace, my heart goes out to his family.

From everyone here at the Pacific Islanders, we would like to extend our condolences to everyone at the New York Eagles and to John McCarthy's friends and family.

A talented player that will be sorely missed. RIP. :'(

Purple 77

An absolute tragedy. Life is too short.

Rest In Peace John McCarthy  :'(

AFEV

New York midfielder Ryan Bastinac is expected to announce he will be moving clubs for the second time this trade period later this week. After moving from Moscow to New York during the first window of the 2012 trade period, Bastinac is rumoured to have come to blows with the Eagles management over his contract.

It is believed that the manager of the midfielder was expecting in excess of 500,000 a year on a 6 year contract.

The club made a formal reply to the rumours this morning.

It is true that we have failed to come to an agreement of Ryan's contract at this point. His management currently want more money than we are willing to commit to one player at the moment.
While we do have a substantial amount of room left in our cap, we are currently in the middle of negotiations with over a dozen players and are not willing to offer that kind of money to anybody until we have a better idea of each players asking price. We are still hopeful that we will be able to sign him prior to this trade period ending, however it's our understanding he has already spoken with as many as 3 other clubs.

AFEV

This morning New York issued a press release stating that they would be donning a different look for the 2013 season. This new look appears to be a dramatic overhaul of the branding of the club. Their team name has changed to 'New York Revolution' along with a shiny new mascot, guernseys, logo and promotional posters.
The change is certain to ignite a debate, with several fans seemingly divided on whether or not the change is for the best.

The following images were release -

ossie85

Great stuff :)

Just noting that name changes shouldn't be made lightly, and shouldn't be ridicolous.

The Revs are fine with me!

Sid and I talked, and said the name change is condition it remains the name for 2 seasons (2013 and 2014) at least.

Think that should be applied for everyone.