WXV: The Tokyo Samurai

Started by Boomz, November 14, 2011, 02:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

Bad news coming out of Tokyo tonight with first choice ruckman Matthew Leuenberger set to miss up to 6 weeks! Coach Boomz is said to be considering all options at this stage but Ayce Cordy looks to be leading the race.

ossie85

Player   AFL12   WXV12   RXV12   AVEAFL   AVEWXVU   AVERES
Scott Selwood   7   7   0   117.29   117.29   NA
Luke Shuey   7   7   0   106.57   106.57   NA
Kurt Tippett   7   7   0   101.71   101.71   NA
Matt Suckling   7   7   0   94.43   94.43   NA
Luke Dahlhaus   7   7   0   93.00   93.00   NA
Travis Cloke   7   7   0   91.00   91.00   NA
Kieran Jack   7   7   0   90.00   90.00   NA
Luke Parker   7   7   0   82.71   82.71   NA
Phil Davis   7   7   0   72.57   72.57   NA
Liam Shiels   5   5   0   78.80   78.80   NA
Ashley Smith   5   5   0   60.20   60.20   NA
Jake Carlisle   5   5   0   58.00   58.00   NA
Lewis Jetta   7   4   3   83.71   83.75   83.67
Ben McGlynn   7   4   3   59.86   59.00   61.00
Heath Hocking   6   4   2   56.17   65.50   37.50
Ben Stratton   7   3   4   63.14   66.33   60.75
Adam Kennedy   6   3   3   66.67   60.33   73.00
Ayce Cordy   4   3   1   56.75   59.00   50.00
Matthew Leuenberger   3   3   0   70.33   70.33   NA
Ricky Henderson   6   1   5   56.00   51.00   57.00
Sam Blease   1   1   0   22.00   22.00   NA
Daniel Stewart   6   0   6   59.00   NA   59.00
Trent McKenzie   6   0   6   57.50   NA   57.50
Tayte Pears   5   0   5   58.80   NA   58.80
Tom Gillies   4   0   4   62.50   NA   62.50
Jack Gunston   4   0   4   49.00   NA   49.00
Jamie Bennell   2   0   2   28.50   NA   28.50
Koby Stevens   1   0   1   81.00   NA   81.00
Andrew Phillips   1   0   1   47.00   NA   47.00
Alex Browne   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Tim Golds   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Neville Jetta   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Luke Mitchell   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Alik Magin   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Luke Davis   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Andrew Collins   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Lewis Moss   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Derick Wanganeen   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Jonathon Patton   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Jackson Merrett   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Sam Rowe   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Tom Campbell   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Jackson Sheringham   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Hal Hunter   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Callum Papertalk   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA
Jack Redpath   0   0   0   NA   NA   NA

Boomz

With our season basically over I have gone over the list so people have an indication of who is available before contacting me about trades.

B McGlynn (M, F)
H Hocking (M)
P Davis (D)
S Blease (M)
B Stratton (D)
T Pears (D)
A Smith (D)
R Henderson (F)
K Stevens (M)
J Merrett (M)
S Rowe (R, F)
A Browne (D)
T Golds (D, M)
A Cordy (R)
T Campbell (R)
D Stewart (F)
J Bennell (M)
J Sheringham (M)
N Jetta (M)
T Gillies (D)
H Hunter (D)
C Papertalk (M, F)
J Redpath (D, F)
A Phillips (R)
A Kennedy (M, F)
L Mitchell (F)
A Magin (F)
Luke Davis (D)         
Andrew Collins (F)
Lewis Moss (F)
Derick Wanganeen (M)

T Cloke (F)
M Leuenberger (R)

L Shiels (M)
M Suckling (D)
J Patton (F)
L Parker (M)
J Carlisle (D)
J Gunston (F)

L Shuey (M)
K Jack (M)
T Mckenzie (M)
L Dahlhaus (F)
Lewis Jetta (M)
S Selwood (M)
K Tippett (F)

Black = Available, Bolded Black = Seeking to trade, Blue = Available at the right price, Red = Off limits

CrowsFan

I'm sure PB will be interested in Blease ;)

Boomz

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 23, 2012, 03:45:19 PM
I'm sure PB will be interested in Blease ;)

Did it just for him  :-*

Hawka

With the Jim Stynes medal tonight the Samuri were pleased with a top 10 finish for Kieran Jack
a couple of Journos caught up with Kieran Jack and Hawka (who didnt wana leave Dave grohl for a few mintues)

JOURNO: Hey guys, Kieran pleased with your results

Jack: Ofcourse i am a top 10 finish in such a prestigous award, Just look who was ahead of me, Players like Ablett,Boyd,Pendulbury. Im very pleased

Journo: Hawka, Do you think the votes giving to some of your players justify how you saw them play from a coaching perspecitve

Hawka: No, The Jim Stynes medal is amazing and the best player does get the award but from a Club perspective it dosent capture the defensive type players and the guys who do fantasitc underated things, but overall Kieran was out player of the year and deserved to be our highest vote getter.

Journo: Kieran were you getting a little worried Scotty Selwood was goin to poll more votes then you?

Jack: Haha no, Selly had i a great year and i would of been more then happy if he pipped me in the votes. Im just glad he wasnt hear otherwise when he took the lead i wouldnt of heard the end of it even though i got more votes?

Journo: Hawka or Jack were is Scott

Hawka: well tomorrow night he will be competing in the mens diving in London, were delighted for him and its all thanks to Boomz who nominated him due to his diving efforts during games and training.

Journo: Where do you go from here Kieran

Jack: A nice holiday to Hawii with Lewis Jetta,Tayte Pears and Jack Gunston

Journo: Well Hawka obvisouly the club wasnt to happy with the year, where are you heading?

Hawka: We have a young list just look at the Likes of Kieran,Jetta,Luke Shuey,Selwood,Liam Shiels, Luke Dahulhas. We belive top 4 is in our sights in the very near future and we will be looking to adding more youth

Journo: Trades ? has there been any talk yet?

Hawka: Yes
Jack: Yea were trading Our first rookie draft pick for Gary Ablett

*the three men break out into laughter*

Journo: Can you tell us anything on trades?

Hawka: I cant reveal much but Travis Cloke may be heading to a continent starting with E

Journo: Is this confirmed

Hawka: No

Journo: Any last words ?

Jack: Another congratulatiuons to Gary and to CF

Hawka: and My congralatiouns to, and also to Purple and Ossie for a great night, now i must go back to drinking with Mr Grohl!

ossie85

Great stuff Hawka, maybe Jack can take it out next year...

Boomz

BREAKING NEWS: Travis Cloke is on the move along with pick 6, Sam Blease, Ayce Cordy & Trent Mckenzie!
News has come through this morning that Tokyo have negotiated a three way deal with New York & The Pacific Islanders which see's Tokyo gain a group of stars in Chris Judd, Alex Fasolo, Nick Suban, Jacob Townsend, Nicholas O'Brien & pick 21 in the national draft. Tokyo have   sent Travis Cloke, Trent Mckenzie & Ayce Cordy to New York in this dealing as well as sending pick 6 & Sam Blease to The Pacific Islanders. Coach Boomz had the following to say about the trade as he left trade headquarters.

Quote"While we are very disappointed to lose Travis, Trent, Ayce & Sam, it was the right decision for the future of our club & for the future of those players especially in Sam's case where he requested to be traded for more opportunities. We wish all of them the best for the future".

Quote"Chris Judd is a massive signing for us and we believe he will help lead our midfield charge to the top 4 next season, Fasolo is a great young player who plays forward and in the future may also be a midfielder while Nick & Jacob are two solid young defenders who will help strengthen us in an area we have previously struggled & O'Brien is a good Forward/Mid who will be good back up and will hopefully push for senior selection next season too"

Quote"While it was a long negotiation with Sid & C4 it was a very easy one as we all knew what we wanted and we all were willing to give up what it would take to get the deal done. It worked out great for everyone involved and we thank them for their co-operation"

The trade is currently under review of the WXV community and we will wait to finalise the contracts until the review is finished. 

Maca24

Islanders got the better deal in my eyes.

Boomz

Quote from: Maca24 on September 03, 2012, 12:52:47 PM
Islanders got the better deal in my eyes.

Depends if you rate picks or not. I don't in this considering my plans  ;)

Boomz

We would like to welcome the following new draftees to the Samurai!

Jesse Lonergan - Pick #4

Quote from: BoomzJesse is an elite inside midfielder who has been playing senior football against men since he was 15. He will be the future of our midfield and we love his never say die attitude.

Josh Simpson - Pick #22

Quote from: BoomzJosh is a speedy goal kicking wingman/half-forward with superb skills. He is quite light but we don't think he will have much trouble transitioning to AFL football.

Brodie Murdoch - #Pick 35

Quote from: BoomzMedium forward who is a strong overhead and has a terrific work ethic. Played mainly deep forward as a junior but he can play anywhere and his versatility is what appealed to us a lot.

Dylan Van Unen - #Pick 43

Quote from: BoomzVan Unen is a tall defender with a good leap who can read the play well across the back half of the ground. He has great agility, is quick and has the flexibility to play either small or tall. He can also run through the middle when needed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Post Draft Press Conference

Coach Boomz & the Samurai's 1st round draft pick have arrived

Boomz: Good evening everyone. Overall we are very pleased with the results of the draft & give a warm welcome to Jesse, Josh, Brodie & Dylan. Feel free to ask myself or Jesse any questions. 

Reporter: Boomz, the very pleased line is used in every post draft interview so honestly are you disappointed about missing out on any particular players & is there any specific type of player you regret not picking?

Boomz: Fair Call. Jesse was always in our plans at 4 but honestly there was another player who would have filled a bigger need that we were considering but let go and we did considering taking someone to on trade but the new trade rules spoiled that idea. Simpson was always our go to man at #22 barring someone miraculously falling. Brodie we wanted but we were hoping to get him at #43 instead of #35 but our info was that he would have been picked in between them & passed up another player who also didn't last to #43. Dylan was a case of best available mature age player for depth. So overall there were a few disappointments & we still some depth for a specific position which we can hopefully fill in a later draft.

Reporter: Boomz, It's fair to say you shocked the world when you drafted Lonergan at pick 4 over more popular midfielders, Viney and Martin. What were you thinking?

Boomz: Honestly I fell in love with how Jesse plays and believe he was underrated as a junior. Viney is overrated & will not be as good as expected. Martin looks a great prospect but a year is a long time and anything could happen between now and next year when he becomes eligible to play.

Reporter: Jesse, How did you feel when you were told the Samurai would take you at pick 4?

Jesse Lonergan: I was completely shocked as I was trying not to get my hopes up of even being picked & then Boomz showed up at my house and told me I was going to be taken by the team I support in the Samurai at pick 4 and I was just over the moon with excitement.

Reporter: Jesse, You supported the Samurai growing up? Why is that?

Jesse Lonergan: I love their fighting attitude despite the fact they had a very young squad last season. To be able to get in Mitchell & Judd over the off season just shows what a quality club I am joining.

Reporter: Boomz, Some coaches have been confused by your strategy to bring in older players over the off season when you originally stated you wanted to build up from a young squad. Why the change in strategy?

Boomz: Basically I wanted to speed up the process of winning a premiership without giving away too many young guns & I believe I accomplished that and we now have a good balance to our squad.

Reporter: Boomz, What about the Kurt Tippett saga? Did you honestly not know about the secret deal? Are you disappointed you traded Cloke over him now?

Boomz: No I had no idea about it. I have taken full control of the club now and all people involved have been sacked. Yes I now regret keeping Kurt over Cloke. He has been told in no uncertain terms that he will be traded at the end of the year if not sooner. I thank Ossie for punishing the individuals and not the club as it would have destroyed us.

And on that note... Goodnight & Merry Christmas.

Maca24

Tippett to Mexico is the word on the street ;)

CrowsFan

I've heard he wants to head a little further south maca ;)

ossie85

Quote from: Maca24 on December 26, 2012, 02:04:43 AM

He says he has family there

tbagrocks

Quote from: ossie85 on December 27, 2012, 06:06:41 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on December 26, 2012, 02:04:43 AM

He says he has family there
Guess he will be going somewhere elso for more money then