WXV: The Pacific Islanders

Started by c4v3m4n, November 14, 2011, 01:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Sorry I didn't see it live c4, but read every word today!

Darren Jolly did better than I thought he would!

1st: Petrie, 2nd: Judd, 3rd: Jolly

Great stuff :)

c4v3m4n

BREAKING NEWS: Judd is now a Samurai!

Day 1 of trade week has starting off with a bang, with a massive three way trade involving the New York Eagles, the Tokyo Samurai and the Pacific Islanders.

The details of the trade are as follows:

Tokyo gives: Sam Blease, Travis Cloke, Trent McKenzie, Ayce Cody and pick 6.
Tokyo gets: Chris Judd, Alex Fasolo, Nick Suban, Jacob Townsend, Nicholas O'Brien and pick 21.

Eagles gives: Alex Fasolo, Nicholas O'Brien and picks 2, 21, 39 and 57.
Eagles recieves: Travis Cloke, Trent McKenzie, Ayce Cordy and pick 80.

Islanders give: Chris Judd, Nick Suban, Jacob Townsend and pick 80.
Islanders receive: Sam Blease and picks 2, 6, 39 and 57.

The Pacific Islanders head coach can't be reached for comment at this current point, but it is rumored that Chris Judd is accepting of his transfer to the Tokyo Samurai.

ossie85

Massive trade, who would have thought Judd would change teams! Perhaps bitter about not winning the B&F?

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on September 03, 2012, 09:37:35 AM
Massive trade, who would have thought Judd would change teams! Perhaps bitter about not winning the B&F?

Shouldn't have got suspended.  :-X

Maca24

c4v3m4n

Spring Cleaning at the Islanders

Exactly two weeks ago today, the WXV off-season kicked into gear with the WXV Major Trading Window, wherein all players and draft picks from the 2013 National Draft and the 2013 Rookie Draft could be traded without restriction.

Head Coach of the Pacific Islanders, c4v3m4n, held a major press conference on eve of the first day of trading, with a bold and ruthless plan.

Quote"The assistant coaches and I, along with the approval of the Pacific Islanders board, have decided to take the Islanders playing list into a new direction, heralding a new future for this magnificent club."

"As of tomorrow, we will be seeking only players of youth, and be seeking to move on players of experience."

"Whilst a lot of our fans may not agree with this new direction, believe us when we say, it is in the clubs best interest. We were disadvantaged from the start and the best way forward, is to take 3 steps back."

"For the players that leave the Islanders during this first trading period, we wish them all the best of luck for the future in the WXV and we can't thank them enough for being part of this club fantastic first year".

Two weeks into the trading week now and the outs and ins are truly staggering.

Chris Judd, Dion Prestia, Josh Gibson, Andrew Walker, Drew Petrie all gone. There are also rumors that Daniel Kerr, Simon Black, LRT are not far off leaving either. :o

However, while the major stars of the Islanders 2012 campaign have found new homes at other WXV clubs, the newest stars have made their way to the club.

Enter Sam Blease, Jarryd Blair, Jordan Lisle, Tom Rockliff, Claye Beams, Ben Cunnington and Sam Docherty. The future of the Islanders.

Couple these players with the young talent of Matthew Jaensch, Matthew Watson, Anthony Miles, Jamie Elliott, Curtly Hampton, Tom Mitchell, Luke Brown, Jarrod Witts, the Islanders seem to have made the right moves towards a premiership in the not-too-distant future.

Unfortunately, with the end of season also comes delistings. Kelvin Lawerence and Steve Clifton are the first players that were delisted by the club, but the Islanders have retained the rights both players should they change their mind.

In breaking news that came as this article was being written, the young superstar David Swallow has been traded for Jeremy Howe and Sam Darley along with picks either side.

2013 Pacific Islanders Playing List (as of 17/09/2012)

Sam Reid            F           
David Ellard      M     
Todd Banfield            F
Cameron Wood         R   
Matthew Jaensch   D                 
Tim Mohr   D         
Curtly Hampton      M      F
Jason Tutt      M     
Jarrod Witts         R   
Luke Brown   D   M     
Nick Smith   D         
Matthew Watson   D           
Tom Nicholls         R   
Anthony Miles      M     
Jamie Elliott            F
Tom Simpkin   D   M             
John Anthony            F
Matt Campbell            F
Andrew Strijk            F
Tom Schneider            F
Luke Delaney   D                 
Jonathan Simpkin      M     
Tom Mitchell      M     
Mitchell Grigg      M     
Jack Newnes      M     
Nathan Blee   D         
Cameron Ellis-Yolmen      M     
Sam Gibson      M     
Harry Cunningham      M

Sam Blease     M
Jarryd Blair     F
Jordan Lisle     F
Tom Rockliff     M
Claye Beams     M
Ben Cunnington     M
Jeremy Howe     F*
Sam Darley     D*
Ben Howlett     M*
Billy Longer     R*
Adam Tomlinson     D/F*
Matthew Leuenberger    R*

National Draft Picks: 2, 6, 7*, 38*, 57

*Unless vetoed.

Possible Starting 15

DEF: Matthew Jaensch, Tom Simpkin, Nick Smith, Matthew Watson
MID: Sam Gibson, Tom Rockliff, Ben Cunnington, Ben Howlett
FWD: Jeremy Howe, Jarryd Blair, Jordan Lisle, Sam Reid
RUC: Darren Jolly

INT: Sam Blease, Jamie Elliott

My Chumps

Islanders traded out their top 6 in the Best and Fairest so far  :o

Great stuff Seaflower  :)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: My Chumps on September 27, 2012, 05:33:01 PM

:P

That is true Cumpdaddy and it may not stop there. :o

AFEV

Quote from: c4v3m4n on September 27, 2012, 05:37:38 PM

It's spreading. :o

My Chumps

Quote from: Sid on September 27, 2012, 05:44:01 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on September 27, 2012, 05:37:38 PM

It's spreading. :o
:o

Can I see a leaderboard from your B&F count c4?  :)

c4v3m4n

Eddie McGuire Tonight
with special guest c4v3m4n

McGuire: "Hello everyone and welcome to Eddie McGuire Tonight! We have a very special guest tonight, head coach of the WXV team, the Pacific Islanders Football Club, c4v3m4n!"

*c4v3m4n enters the room to massive applause*

c4v3m4n: "Thanks for having me along Eddie. Great to be here".

*shakes hand and both sit down*

Eddie: "The Pacific Islanders captured the hearts and minds of this newly formed global competition. Before the season started, most media journalists and fans had you as favourites for the wooden spoon due to your early setbacks. You've proved everyone wrong in your first season as coach. How have you found your first year?"

c4v3m4n: "Loved every minute. Building a team from scratch was one of the most rewarding things I have ever done in my short time as a football coach. Proud doesn't describe the feeling I have for the members of the inaugural Islanders team. We were described as 'wooden spoon material' and 'easybeats', but being in the top 4 half way through the 2013 season proved we were no easy beat."

Eddie: "As you mentioned, last season you started brilliantly sitting pretty in the top 4 before falling off and missing finals. What (if any) plans are in place to prevent this in 2013?"

c4v3m4n: "Well, as I am sure everyone is currently aware, the Islanders have decided to head in a different direction for the 2013 season by implementing a strict youth policy. Due to those early setbacks and the youth already in the team, it only made sense to look at the option of rebuilding this club and aiming for a premiership within 5 or so years. With this is mind, getting to the finals in 2013 will be a challenge, but if we pull it off, it continues to show that the Islanders are the gutsiest, most determined team in the WXV."

Eddie: "Why would you trade your best player (Chris Judd)?"

c4v3m4n: "I have always maintained that the best way forward for this club is to take two steps back. The Judd trade was tough, but we did get two top 5 draft picks in return and with the hype of this current draft, it seems like that trade worked out for the best. Chris Judd will always be remembered as the first inagural captain and will have a special place amongst us. We wish him well for the future, we know he will continue to do great things."

Eddie: "Are you concerned disgruntled fans will abandon the club after having lost 10 of your top 11 B&F pollers fom this year?

c4v3m4n: "It has crossed my mind yes and I was aware of that statistic. The Islanders are by far the most loyal fans in the entire competition and I have the upmost faith that they will continue to support us, especially with the new future stars of the competition playing for us. There is some amazing talent, Longer, Howe, Lisle, Mitchell, Rockliff just to name a few, its a very exciting time and we hope that the fans will join us along for the ride."

Eddie: "What has been the most beneficial trade of the window for the Islanders?"

c4v3m4n: "There hasn't been one that wasn't beneficial to be honest. I am very happy with the youth that we have brought into the team including during this recent week where we have obtained players like Jeremy Howe, Ben Howlett, Billy Longer and Sam Darley. I simply cannot wait until Round 1, we're putting one hell of a team together".

Eddie: "Who do you expect to be leading the team in 2013? Which names are being considered for the leadership group?"

c4v3m4n: "The leadership group for the 2013 season won't be announced until early next year. With another trade window still to go, its hard to know who will still be here. Haha."

Eddie: "Sounds like you're suggesting there will be more list movement? Aren't you worried about the playing list becoming unsettled with all these changes?"

c4v3m4n: "I'm not worried at all. My assistant coaches and I are making sure that the list will be in the best shape it can be for Round 1 2013. There are some other trades in the pipeline, and that information will be made public in due time."

Eddie: "What do you think the Islanders lack leading up to the 2013 season?"

c4v3m4n: "Our primary concern at the moment is strengthening our defence. Currently our best defender, Nicholas Smith, was the 93rd best defender in the competition. While I have the upmost faith that our other defenders will be on the rise on 2013, we would love to have someone like Phil Davis, Ryan Shoenmakers, Tom McDonald or if possible someone like Dyson Heppell or Jack Grimes on the team to solidify the backline".

Eddie: "Turning our focus to Round 1, 2013. There are talks between yourself, head coach of the Revolution Sid and WXV Administrator ossie85 about holding a Cup match in honor of the late John McCarthy and Jim Stynes. Tell us a little bit about that."

c4v3m4n: "That's right, Sid and I have been discussing the idea of holding a Cup match to honor the late John McCarthy and Jim Stynes in what will be known as the Reach Foundation Cup. Seeing as our teams are youth-orientated and Jim Stynes was heavily involved with the youth program Reach, we though it was only fitting that we came together to old a match in his honor as well as the late youngster John McCarthy and to also raise money for the Reach Foundation. The player deemed to be best on ground for this match will be awarded the John McCarthy Medal as a way of honoring him. We have been in talks with ossie about holding it in Round 1, and we are hopeful something can be arranged."

Eddie: "The Pacific Islanders have always been seen as trendsetters in this competition, as North were with the VFL. Do you have any future plans for new trendsetting ideas?"

c4v3m4n: "As a matter of fact we do. But again, you'll have to just wait and see. One of them will be announced in coming hours actually, the others not until next year I am afraid."

Eddie: "It seems like we are running out of time, so to finish off, some quick fire questions".

c4v3m4n: "Shoot".

Eddie: "Who'll win the 2013 WXV Premiership?"

c4v3m4n: "Sao Paulo Pumas in a stunning upset".

Eddie: "Who'll be the biggest mover?"

c4v3m4n: "Revolution or Sands".

Eddie: "Who'll be the biggest faller?"

c4v3m4n: "Bears".

Eddie: "Where will the Islanders finish in 2013?"

c4v3m4n: "10th. I hope. Dunno why but 10th."

Eddie: "Who'll be the new Clancee Pearce and surprise people in 2013?"

c4v3m4n: "Ugh...Angus Monfries".

Eddie: "Thank you so much c4v3m4n for your time, it's been a pleasure".

c4v3m4n: "No, thank you Eddie and as always GO ISLANDERS!".

roo boys!

c4v3m4n

Trade Window Week 3 Wrap Up

Week 3 of the WXV trading window has come and gone and even more players have left the Islanders. 10 out of the top 11 vote getters in the Pacific Islanders B&F count have now left the club in an increasingly concerning new youth policy that head coach c4v3m4n has implemented.

This week youngsters David Swallow, Levi Greenwood, senior players Daniel Kerr, Simon Black, Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Darren Jolly and recently traded in players Sam Docherty and Ben Cunnington all left the Islanders this week in return for talented youngsters Jeremy Howe, Sam Darley, Ben Howlett, Billy Longer and Matthew Leuenberger.

In a statement today, head coach c4v3m4n said that the club was on the right track and the end was in sight.

Quote from: c4v3m4nAll in all, a very productive week for the Islanders. We are very happy with these signings, especially the big signing of Matthew Leuenberger. A very promising ruckman with a bright future at the Islanders. The job isnt over though, there are a few more players we have targeted and once they are secured, that's pretty much it.

An updated list of the Islanders playing group is below.

Pacific Islanders Playing List (as of 28/09/2012)

DEF: Nick Smith, Matthew Jaensch, Matthew Watson, Tim Mohr, Tom Simpkin, Luke Delaney, Nathan Blee, Sam Darley, Luke Brown

MID: Tom Rockliff, Sam Gibson, Ben Howlett, Sam Blease, Claye Beams, David Ellard, Jason Tutt, Anthony Miles, Tom Mitchell, Mitchell Grigg, Jack Newnes, Jonathan Simpkin, Cameron Ellis-Yolmen, Harry Cunningham, Steve Clifton

RUC: Matthew Leuenberger, Billy Longer, Cameron Wood, Jarrod Witts, Tom Nicholls

FWD: Jeremy Howe, Jarryd Blair, Jordan Lisle, Jamie ElliottSam Reid, Todd Banfield, Curtly Hampton, Adam Tomlinson, Matt Campbell, John Anthony, Andrew Strijk, Tom Schneider

ND PICKS: 2, 6, 7, 38, 57.

ossie85

Sorry c4, reckon that team is heading for the spoon :(

Future, maybe, but yeah

Purple 77

Hands off my tommy mac! Lol. Awesome write-ups as usual